The home of all your SC Con Ex questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicky

SSC VIP Goddess
Reaction score
I thought it would be helpful to have one place where people can post their questions about our Comic-Con exclusive items, the pre-ordering process and fullfillment procedures.

We will take all of these questions and include them in our newsletter as well as web site updates for our Comic-con appearance. It would be helpful if everyone just listed questions in this section and not expect a response from us or others, as we would like to address them officially through the avenues we have stated above.

We thank you for your assistance in advance!

Best,
Chicky
Sideshow

Hey Chicky,

I have a question about US Con exclusive availability for those of us outside the US.

Are there plans to try and sell some of these to non-attendees?

abstractharmony said:
Hey Chicky,

I have a question about US Con exclusive availability for those of us outside the US.

Are there plans to try and sell some of these to non-attendees?

Abstract, they will hold back about 10% of each item and offer it on the website first come/first served. This will be at the same time they go on preorder for the attendees--you won't have to wait until after the show. Last year, they announced the preorder times in advance. They may or may not do that again this year, but they have confirmed that non-attendees will have a shot at the items. Of course, that doesn't mean that there will be enough to go around, but people will at least have a chance.

When will the con exclusives go on sell?

How many will there be?

When/where will they be available to pick up at the con?

What is up with "The Dead" line?

1.) Will we be able to order by phone if we're attending?
2.) Will you need to be signed up for the Priority Newsletter to order?
3.) I'm assuming we can order 1 from different lines right?

I thought the SDCC exclusives were handled perfectly last year. The ES's were just right, it was easy for non-attendees to order, and I was able to order every single piece that I wanted. I say the procedure should be 100% identical to last year.

elwood49 said:
I thought the SDCC exclusives were handled perfectly last year. The ES's were just right, it was easy for non-attendees to order, and I was able to order every single piece that I wanted. I say the procedure should be 100% identical to last year.

I agree. Not to mention they had numerous second chances for them months after the show.:D

Buttmunch said:
When will the con exclusives go on sell?
Last year, it was June 8th.

Buttmunch said:
How many will there be?
Last year, there were seven of them. LINK

Buttmunch said:
When/where will they be available to pick up at the con?
You can pick them up any time during the convention at the Sideshow booth. Non-Attendee items will ship out roughly around the week of the convention. Everybody will be charged about a week or so before the convention.

Buttmunch said:
What is up with "The Dead" line?
The "Dead" lin3 i5 go)()@&#^$%!# @$%^*&()_!@<>"_)(!**&##

Thanks Tom, but the answers to my questions will be different this year. :rolleyes:

PS I meant where at the Sideshow booth will the pick ups be.

PS2 Will the pick ups be available on Preview night? I know they weren't last year.

PS3 I think I can go this year! :D

Buttmunch said:
PS I meant where at the Sideshow booth will the pick ups be.

Probably on the opposite side of the booth from the main table where Chris and Dusty are at like last year.

Buttmunch said:
PS2 Will the pick ups be available on Preview night? I know they weren't last year.

I would say probably not if they didn't do them last year.

Buttmunch said:
PS3 I think I can go this year! :D

Congrats!!

elwood49 said:

Of course if everything goes smoothly, and you get everything you want, you are going to say that. I felt happy just to get my order through for the Ultimate Hellboy, when I missed out on Werewolf Oz and Patient Zero.

It did a complete flip, when I was able to get the WW Oz and P Zero, from a board member, and I felt bummed that the Ulti Hellboy appeared at my distributors. I could have saved some money had I known. Last year I was on dial up, and I think that may have had something to do with it. This year I will have broadband, and have been told that it didn't help some, who also missed out.

Overall Sideshow have the best procedure. If another company were producing these Con exclusives, I would have missed out entirely. That is why the only Con exclusives I have are Sideshow ones, it's because they care enough to do something positive about it.

See you all there again this year, in the chat room, while we have a few laughs and fun watching Chris jump through his hoops.

creecher said:
I was able to get the WW Oz and P Zero, from a board member, and I felt bummed that the Ulti Hellboy appeared at my distributors. I could have saved some money had I known.

That reminds me--Hellboy was limited to 2000 pieces, with 1000 being reserved for SDCC in the US, and the other 1000 going overseas. I wonder if they will do that for another item this year...

Okay. Looks like I missed that useful piece of information. Who's a knuckle head then? Where's a mirror?

creecher said:
Of course if everything goes smoothly, and you get everything you want, you are going to say that. I felt happy just to get my order through for the Ultimate Hellboy, when I missed out on Werewolf Oz and Patient Zero.

That's what I'm worried about is if the site is slow, and I have the SW 12" in my cart, it would suck if it sold out while I was trying to get to another portion of the site to order something else.

Back