The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You referring to how abrupt it came to an end.

Yeah, Legolas standing on their heads crossed the line. :lol

No, That didn't bother me. I totally knew that was coming. I mean how out there the battle with Smaug was.

It was when put with the Bombur bit. I think you need one or the other but I will say I enjoyed them more tonight.

No, That didn't bother me. I totally knew that was coming. I mean how out there the battle with Smaug was.

It was when put with the Bombur bit. I think you need one or the other but I will say I enjoyed them more tonight.

Yeah, the battle with Smaug was filled with hits and misses.

Here is what bugged me the most about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wut.

Yeah, the battle with Smaug was filled with hits and misses.

Here is what bugged me the most about it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wut.

I thought of that during the movie and told myself that it just takes a Dragon time to "recharge" for a breath attack.

Yeah, I can see that. I think I'd cut something like that out and a few more little moments and add stuff to Beorn, Dol Guldur, or other character moments.

I liked this movie alot and I can definatly see where people may find it lacking or to much cgi. Some smaug scenes looked fake but it didnt bother me in the least. I enjoyed this movie. just wished they showed the godzilla trailer infront of my showing!

I love the unapologetically over-the-top actions of the heroes in these movies. Any time an action sequence begins in a PJ Middle-Earth movie I know that chances are I'm going to see some of the craziest and most inventive action and stunts I've ever seen.

Standing on heads, sliding on things, surfing on things, riding crazy creatures, all of it. As far as I'm concerned PJ never over does it so bring on whatever crazy things we'll witness in TABA. :rock

Going in two hours to the cinema.
Im really excited especially how Smaug turned out in
the movie...
Its always a good time/feeling when christmas time is coming
and going to watch a new Hobbit/LOTR movie.

Will go in the original english version instead of the german one.
I really like the voice of Smaug.
Cant wait anymore :impatient:

I love the unapologetically over-the-top actions of the heroes in these movies. Any time an action sequence begins in a PJ Middle-Earth movie I know that chances are I'm going to see some of the craziest and most inventive action and stunts I've ever seen.

Standing on heads, sliding on things, surfing on things, riding crazy creatures, all of it. As far as I'm concerned PJ never over does it so bring on whatever crazy things we'll witness in TABA. :rock

I'm actually up for anything in the battle of five armies, seeing how in the book Bilbo spent most of it unconscious! So anything could have happened!

I don't have any real complaints about Smaug or the scene, but it's been 20 years since I read the book, and I could have sworn

Spoiler Spoiler:

Things bugged me the much less this time actually I enjoyed a lot of it this time. As far as the first time I could have either had the Bombur bit during the barrels sequence or the Legolas riding barrel sequence. Both might have been a bit much. I didn't care for the Kili comment to Tauriel when he's put in the cage. I admit the ending was more of a departure than I expected and hit me a little wrong.

Oh I liked the Bombur bit with the Barrels.... probably did not hurt that my 8 year old was laughing so hard at it that it became contagious.

I still would have liked it anyways.. I don't mind the more comic bits in the Hobbit films since it's supposed to be a lighter story.

Are you talking about a Bombut bit at the end??? I can't think of anything that happened there.

Or was there something you did not like in the end on top of the Barrel Bombur bit.

Going to go again on Tuesday.

Back