The Head of Captain Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
Kind of a quickie project I've wanted to tackle for a while. While I was happy with the Indy/Han mashup for a while I regretted not leaving the neck intact and how bare the forehead looked without any kind of wrinkles.

This is how he looked before. Indy face with Bespin Han hair. Only picture I could find at the moment.

firstly.jpg

Stripped back down.

002.jpg

Neck added from a HT figure. Addsed wrinkles to his forehead and a little more hair to help frame the face better.

010.jpg

I still have to smooth it out here and there. The wrinkles are too prominent (read: deep) as well. Anxious to have the Corellian back on the shelf though.

018.jpg

Added acouple things. The forehead wrinkles are smoothed out now and I added the clefts in between his eyebrows. Also went back and re-added the scar on the chin which I think I pretty much obliterated while removng the stubble the first time around. Not 100% there yet. Couple more things to tighten up.

018-1.jpg

And finally the finished piece:

006.jpg

001-1.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Head of Captain Solo (WiP)

Hadn't seen the original before, Mando! Nice job! Can't wait to see the new one finished!

Man, what a great idea! I haven't liked the ANH versions' I've seen of this mod, but it does seem to work really well for ESB.

If you make these available I'd be in for an unpainted cast :duff

That is the best Solo head I've seen. Interested in a fully painted casting.

i'd be interested in one of these too. looks great.

Thanks a lot everybody! :duff

To answer the big question, yes, I will be casting up blanks. No interest in painting them though; plenty of guys around here that would do a much better job.
I'm hoping to wrap up the mods today along w/ some other things. Then he gets the silicone bath.

You need to pop into the SW section more, Mando. :lecture

Ain't gonna argue with that. ;)

Back