The Hangover 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from seeing The Hangover 2 and man did it suck. Honestly the only part I laughed at was when the Chinese guy snorted the blow.

Every time one of the actors said "oh man I can't believe this is happening again.." I found myself nodding in agreement.

Aside from Carl, Murry never did the "Wacky annoying person" ___ick.

Unless i'm missing a movie of his...

Aside from Carl, Murry never did the "Wacky annoying person" ___ick.

Unless i'm missing a movie of his...

What about Bob? Get Smart, The Royal Tenenbaums, Kingpin, Mad Dog and Glory, Little Shop of Horrors, his character is a "strange" annoyance to the main characters. To some degree as well in Rushmore and others.

I like all those guys,you should check out national Lampoons Radio. It is some very funny ____.

I thought it was funny....yes it was exactly like the first one but I loved the first one....could it have been better? Of course.....but there were some pretty dang funny parts....

He's good...but after this movie, if he doesnt change, I might hate him. He was way past annoying in this one.

I do have to agree Zach needs to change. Like most GREAT comic actors/performers is the ability to change characters...Bill Murray, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Gene Wilder, Will Ferrell, Steve Martin, Chevy, Robert Downey Jr., John C. Reily, Dan Aykroyd.

I also found Zach (Alan) a selfish a-hole in Hangover II, as well as in Due Date I found him annoying (but very similar to Hangover) and I hated him in Dinner for Schmucks (which IMO he was a combo of Hangover II and Due Date).

Stale comic actors: Jack Black, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, David Spade, Mike Myers, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Martin Lawrence, Steve Carrell, Rob Schneider, Kevin James, John Leguizamo, Michael Cera...

I think Seth is pretty good....he plays that Stoner guy, but atleast he's likable.

He has his moments of selfish douchery...but he always has a change, and does grow in the film.

And Steve Carell....I dont agree. Michael Scott from the Office is one of my favorite characters of all time...there's just so much going on there. He has massive range.

I saw it today, it was a dark comedy with more emphasis on the dark. IMO, since they took a more serious tone, the flaws in the plot were more exposed. Personally, I can forgive the crazy antics when it's a funny comedy, but this really wasn't that funny.

I saw this today. I guess I could understand why critics and many viewers are hammering this film, but you know what? I didn't hate it (my friends loved it).

It is true that this is practically the same movie as before. A lot of people are using that to blast the film, but really, it's not an entirely new concept from Hollywood to make sequels that are copies of their predecessors. Die Hard 2, Jurassic Park III, Home Alone 2, etc etc.

I liked the first film and was fond of the characters. Seeing them get into more trouble was enough for me. It helped that the stakes were higher and the tone was darker overall.

It is true that this is practically the same movie as before. A lot of people are using that to blast the film, but really, it's not an entirely new concept from Hollywood to make sequels that are copies of their predecessors. Die Hard 2, Jurassic Park III, Home Alone 2, etc etc.

Good examples. I'll see you one more though and say that the majority of these comic book movies that people deem so fantastic and "Epic" are in the same boat.

It's funny reading people blast this movie for following the same formula and then claim other movies that do the same thing to be top notch.

Person gets powers, person learns to use them. Oh no a bad guy! Person kills bad guy and saves the day. The end. :lol

That goes for Predators too Celtic. :wave:rotfl

Tattoo controversy still ongoing!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hangover-ii-tattoo-lawsuit-warner-196543

A Missouri judge has set a February trial date but the studio says it will digitally change the mark on Ed Helms' face after the film's theatrical run. Will a scheduled mediation settle the case?

Ed Helms’ face might look very different when The Hangover Part II comes to DVD and Blu-ray in December.

Warner Bros. has told a Missouri judge that if it can’t resolve the ongoing legal fracas over the tattoo on display in the mega-grossing comedy by the time it comes out on home video, the studio will digitally alter the controversial mark on Helms’ face.

As you’ll recall, Warners was sued by a Missouri tattoo artist who claims he owns a copyright on the unique tattoo worn by former boxer Mike Tyson and Helms in Hangover II. The tattoo's owner, S. Victor Whitmill, attempted to stop the film’s release but was denied a preliminary injunction. Hangover II has since grossed $350 million worldwide and counting.

The case has continued, however, and U.S. District Judge Catherine Perry today set a jury trial date for Feb. 21, 2012. At issue is whether to award Whitmill a permanent injunction against the film's distribution and/or damages for copyright infringement.

Whitmill and his lawyers at St. Louis' Brickhouse Law Group had sought a trial in August. But Warners, in opposing that extremely expedited schedule, submitted court documents arguing that such a quick resolution wasn’t necessary because the studio plans to whitewash the offending mark from the movie after its theatrical run, thus eliminating any further alleged damages to Whitmill from his copyrighted tattoo appearing in the film:

“If the parties are unable to resolve their dispute, Warner Bros. does not intend to make any use of the allegedly infringing tattoo after the film ends its run in theaters because Warner Bros. will digitally alter the film to substitute a different tattoo on Ed Helms’s face."

Later, in a footnote of the same brief, Warners lawyers from Chicago’s Schiff Hardin firm and St. Louis’s Thompson Coburn firm say:

"The home video release is currently scheduled for early December 2011, which would allow Warner Bros. sufficient time to make the change if it becomes necessary."

Warner Bros. got its wish, with Judge Perry declining to set a trial date in August. But a February trial, after the planned DVD release, would require the studio to spend big to remove the tattoo from all the offending Helms scenes. From our recollection, he's got the tattoo in pretty much every scene after the 20-minute mark or so; we don't envy the special effects wizard charged with scrubbing the mark from each frame.

As we've said from the beginning, this case is probably headed for settlement way before trial. To that end, Judge Perry has scheduled a private mediation for June 16. Hopefully both sides can work out a resolution. But if not, might we suggest Warners replace the Tyson tattoo with something from its own library. How about Batman or Bugs Bunny?

Warner Bros. declined to comment.

Back