The Green Hornet Kato

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's on a Capt Action body at the mo, so I'll have to try another body to start with. The Capt Actions are around 11 & 1/2 inches tall, so a Medicom body would probably be ideal. Which of course I haven't got, so I'll try a BBi that I've got handy, when I get some free time. Once I get an idea of fit I'll get a better idea of where to go. He's a background figure, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not too fussed at the moment. Just finding it harder and harder than ever to get some display space.

When Captain Action was originally introduced by Ideal Toy Corporation in 1966,I believe he was 12 and a 1/2 inches tall to give him a significant advantage over G.I Joe!!(wheres his waiters outfit?I ca nt find it anywhere!!)

Thanks Creecher!!Thought for a minute it was under that glued-down plate.First time i ve ever struggled to find an accessory,must be getting old!

If I can assist you I believe Arnie signed the boxes on the outside.

Thanks Creecher!!Thought for a minute it was under that glued-down plate.First time i ve ever struggled to find an accessory,must be getting old!

If I can assist you I believe Arnie signed the boxes on the outside.
Not a prob, I'm old and understand completely. :lol

Yeah, I missed the signature at first because I was so excited about what was inside. Sent off an email to Enterbay to get the answer. I told you. I'm old. :lol

Nurse! NURSE!

Truly an overall great figure~ Nice touch with the addition of a zip for the figure's protective bag......eyes can be a little bit smaller though....

The exclusive bags started going out on the 9th July, so expect them to start showing up soon.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to share my excitement. I got lucky and managed to snag Kato for $110 brand new!!!

He arrived today and I'm generally very happy, but I do have a couple niggling thoughts and questions for owners:

1. was the hat secured on the figure's head when you opened the box (or the zip bag)?

The hat on my figure was at the bottom of the zip up bag. I didn't appreciate this because there's always the chance the paint on the hat might have rubbed off onto Bruce's face. Fortunately, it didn't on mine.

2. How are the un-gloved hands on your figure? Mine had green rub marks on them. Actually, when I opened the box, the ungloved hands were covered in a plastic wrap (celophane plastic). Is that how you guys got yours? Refer to this picture here:
IMG_1157.jpg

Aside from those two issues, my Kato figure is aces. However, it did make me realize that while Enterbay may put a lot of effort into making a premium box, sometimes the premium nature eschews figure safety. The zip up bag is a nice touch, but it didn't secure the figure as well as I would have liked. Also, it looks like the green rub marks on the ungloved hands probably came from the green plastic tray used to hold the accessories. I will also use this opportunity to express my dislike of ratcheted joints, which make it difficult to find a decent center of gravity for neutral standing poses.

But overall very satisfied. This is my second Bruce figure and my favorite all-around because of the body and price.

IMG_1153.jpg
IMG_1155.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to share my excitement. I got lucky and managed to snag Kato for $110 brand new!!!

He arrived today and I'm generally very happy, but I do have a couple niggling thoughts and questions for owners:

1. was the hat secured on the figure's head when you opened the box (or the zip bag)?
2. How are the un-gloved hands on your figure? Mine had green rub marks on them. Actually, when I opened the box, the ungloved hands were covered in a plastic wrap (celophane plastic). Is that how you guys got yours? Refer to this picture here:
IMG_1157.jpg

Also, it looks like the green rub marks on the ungloved hands probably came from the green plastic tray used to hold the accessories. I will also use this opportunity to express my dislike of ratcheted joints, which make it difficult to find a decent center of gravity for neutral standing poses.

Fantastic price, congrats on a great score. I don't think you're late to the party, because it looks like many haven't received theirs yet, or aren't interested in posting that they have.

1) Mine was secured to the head upon arrival.
2) My hands are still covered in the plastic wrap. I can't see where the green paint rubs may have came from. The tray, holding the accessories on my figure, is a very dark grey, almost black, plastic. The box itself is the only green, and its cardboard. Very strange.

I don't much like the ratcheted joints either. wookster gave an explanation, in another thread, as to why the joints are ratcheted, due to the material of the body being vinyl, and to support its weight. wookster also mentioned, the bodies being vinyl, as to why they may be so prone to absorbing surrounding colours. Maybe the garments need to be pre-washed a few times to rinse out the excess dye and hold fast the colour. If so, that should be done before they are implemented on the figure. You need to remove that possibility from the equation Enterbay.

I just got mine from Urban Collector and was very happy with it (although I had some paint issues with some of the hands, it was worn away so that I could see the skin tone on the tip of the gloved fingers) but I was incredibly dismayed to learn that I had issues with the hairpiece.

My hairpiece is apparently defective because it doesn't sit right on his head. Subsequently if I push one side down to align the sideburn, the other side goes up and so forth. Because of this, the hat doesn't sit right on his head either. Here are some terribly taken pictures:

DSCN3244.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem? Does the hairpiece generally fit snugly and easily for everyone else? I've already asked UC for an exchange but needless to say, I'm pretty bummed...

I don't know too much about this character, but this figure looks sweet. I really want him now. And he will go good with my Spirit figure :D

I don't have any great interest in Bruce Lee either but I really want this figure too. I actually ordered it from Angolz for about US $188 (inc. postage, which is strangely low at Angolz for me, like ordering locally) about a month ago but sadly it turned out to be sold-out and they couldn't get any more in, they said. To buy it elsewhere now, it looks like I'm gonna have to pay at least US $250 (inc. postage, which is about a minimum $50). I really like the figure, and because I ordered it before I've really got it set in my mind that I must have it, but I really don't feel good about that price, it's almost $100 more than what I was previously going to pay and even that earlier price I really hesitated over. It's a whole different price range that opens up many alternative purchases. I think of waiting for a better price but I'll probably find none better now, it seems. It's probably only going to get higher, if anything, I guess, and if that happens I'm sure I'll really kick myself for not buying it earlier.

Viking Playground have it for US $180 here. That's about the best I could find it for when I was looking.

I kept watching for it on eBay and eventually found a local seller. I got it for just AU $180 plus $10 postage. That's about as good as I could ever hope, I think. It arrived just yesterday, I'm very happy with it.

I'll take proper photos soon. I have a couple of quick questions first. I see the box on MWCToys.com and the inside looks different to mine. The middle section just has a space for the CoA and there's no binoculars and no section for them. Were they some sort of exclusive (I can't see anything saying this)? If not, it looks like the seller's kept/lost the binoculars and has taken the middle section from another similar Enterbay box that just had a space for the CoA.

Mine:

4399249247_371ac7cbbe_o.jpg

MWCToys:

review_kato_2.jpg

My other question is to do with the stand. This is my first Enterbay figure. I wonder if poses like the one below, don't have some negative consequences. It seems like the Enterbay stands clamp the figure even in neutral poses. Is there no trouble with the paint rubbing off onto the figures, or it causing wear on the bodies or stretching/warping the outfits. Has there been a thread about these stands, perhaps? I couldn't find it if so.

review_kato_28.jpg

Back