The Green Hornet Kato

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
=Masao;1712889]Why was he taking the sleeping powder (allegedly containing marijuana)? He suffered from headaches that he developed. Why did a young, healthy, athletic man develop headaches when most practicing martial artists of the day did not? Good question! I offer one explanation.

Correct breathing allows for increased cardiovascular function and stamina. Poor breathing can actually cause capillaries to burst, sometimes even causing death. Fact not speculation. Every well-educated athlete knows this. Ask your doctor.

Headaches are pretty common and i think that Bruce's headaches had something to do with his busy lifestyle (the movie industry) wich causes stress wich can cause headaches. Lee was an ambitious man and demanded allot from himself his headaches are not such a mystery.

As I have said; the idiots inspired by BL made Nunchaku illegal. The uneducated and untrained played with a technology they could not understand.

Yes but how is Lee responsible for this in any way?

(there are no such things as Nunchucks, Numchucks or Nunchackus BTW).

I don't really care, you can call them sticks attached to a chain for all i care, there is no dignity or glory in a weapon.

Without his insistence on using them in a movie, they would not have gained great, undue exposure.

Something holy about these sticks on a chain? Bruce made them look good and spectaculair, there is nothing wrong with that. Individuals are not responsible for the conduct of people who turn something positive into a negative unless it was negative to begin with. Using Nunchackus to entertain an audience and to show them how cool and beautiful martial arts can be is a positive thing, that's what Bruce did.

He was taught to use them by Tadashi Yama^^^^a. My dad introduced the two. He was part of that community at the time...subsequently, so was I. That's how I know the whole story.

Ok

There was never a restriction on martial arts...except on those deemed by instructors as poor student material. "Opening up" martial arts to everyone has never been a good policy. Just as giving everyone loaded weapons. Would you give children, criminals or the insane loaded weapons? You probably would. Martial arts are not toys. They are loaded weapons.

Martial arts are not loaded weapons most of them don't even work:lol but just look good. True martial arts are about self development, body/mind they are not intended to be loaded weapons. Bruce was not only interested in the physical aspect but thaught his students the philosophical aspects aswell.

Lee's own technique is at issue. It is believed to be what killed him. When you demonstrate anything in public entertainment, you are responsible for inspiring them. That is the reason for the disclaimer "don't attempt at home" etc.

REPEAT:Individuals are not responsible for the conduct of people who turn something positive into a negative unless it was negative to begin with. Lee's goal was to entertain, amaze and inspire with his movies. Lee's goal in teaching martial arts was to promote self development and to be honest to oneself. Both goals are positive things.

Ashamed? For what exactly? His reputation in Hollywood was not a favorable one among the people who had to deal with him closely. A perfect example was his total lack of control with his fight choreography. Stuntmen frequently got injured because he had little, if any, control of his technique. This led to more that one beating by stuntmen who were tired of his conduct.

Bruce had many friends and was loved by many people. I always enjoy the warm stories James Coburn used to tell on many Bruce Lee documentaries. He never got tired talking about his friend Bruce.

He never got beaten up by stuntmen.

Control BTW, is a critical feature of martial arts. If you cannot control your technique, it is called poor technique. If you cannot control yourself, it is called bad character. People of bad character are usually not acceptable in the martial arts...unless they are willing to learn to change.

Martial arts are neutral they can be used for good or bad, ignorance or wisdom. That all depends on the cup that contains the tea.

Bruce was a great guy that inspired allot of people, he revolutionized martial arts. True non-envious martial artists will always remember him as a true master.

People who are truly important to martial arts are people you probably never heard of. It is a community that still closed to anyone not acceptable to those who teach. Bruce Lee did nothing to change this. Thank goodness.

Well having been a buddhist for about 14 years now i think i know a bit about it's founder (of chinese kung fu) an indian monk called Bodhidharma (Tamo in chinese) that travelled to China. I studied the texts of the Chan-buddhist tradition that are contributed to him. So i don't think your comment holds water.

Do you have to pay right away?

I don't think anyone answered your question. Yes, you do have to pay right away, whether it's a pre-order or if you wait till they're ready to ship.

Someone asked if you can buy the 3-5 separately. Yes you can, either direct or from the places on ebay that are starting to list it now.

for some reason i'm not as wowed as i thought i would be. i think it's the eyes that are throwing him off a bit. the ETD bruce was super nice and the bauer figure too. these eyes look like the first edition GOD bruce. something is off and i can't place my finger on it, but i think i'll pass on this one

I don't think anyone answered your question. Yes, you do have to pay right away, whether it's a pre-order or if you wait till they're ready to ship.

Someone asked if you can buy the 3-5 separately. Yes you can, either direct or from the places on ebay that are starting to list it now.

Thanks! I have decided to wait for the Big Boss figure though.

ndonxg.jpg

29o1s0g.jpg

lol Masao, ok jigs up. who let you out of the mental institution? :lol

I'm so so so tempted. I want it, but I can't justify it. Is everyone sure that there will be another BL coming out this year? And which do you think it will be?

$159.99 at Urban Collector right now. Please pre-order all of them so I won't be tempted anymore.

I'm so so so tempted. I want it, but I can't justify it. Is everyone sure that there will be another BL coming out this year? And which do you think it will be?

$159.99 at Urban Collector right now. Please pre-order all of them so I won't be tempted anymore.

I am with you. I do not own any Enterbay Bruce Lee figs but he is an icon. I'm considering ordering as my first but not certain this is the one I want or if he really fits into my collection. I am hoping all po's are gone to eliminate my conflict :D

Coming out this year! Can't be sure but it is expected. The next one will be The Big Boss. Then the line will practically be complete, aside for perhaps a battle damaged GoD and EtD. Because I reckon their Jackie Chan will be coming soon, The Big Boss might get squeezed out into next year.

I just read tonight that "Dynamite" comic publisher picked up the Green Hornet license so they will be putting out a bunch of books soon if anyone is intersted.

Cool Kato stuff coming out. I don't know if I'll pick up this figure though.

To all Freaks who have ordered fron OneSixthBruce, Kato's have cleared UK customs and shall be with me on Monday.

Will UPS orders on Tuesday and Wednesday

Thanks

Thats the business side sorted, now for the collector side. . . . . . .

I cant wait till Monday!!!!:D

Back