The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but its still a possible explanation of his abilities.

People seem to forget the force flows through every living thing; you don't have be force sensitive on a Jedi level to see the benefits. :)

True, but its still a possible explanation of his abilities.

People seem to forget the force flows through every living thing; you don't have be force sensitive on a Jedi level to see the benefits. :)

I know. They could definitely go there with it with Poe.

They were planning to kill him off, which indicates to me they didnt have huge plans for him but they changed their mind.

Not harsh, just "declarative" no worries. All good.

Btw I thought I had Finn figured out and finally gave in to him not being a force sensitive but then at the end when Rey kissed him was he wearing a farm boy Luke type ghee? Now I'm really wondering if Rey is Luke, Poe is Han, and Finn is Leia? He could totally be the new force sensitive military leader when next we see him. Instant JJ gender bender!

I think Rey = Han & Luke, Finn = Leia, Poe = wedge. Phasma = Fett. We will not have a big three.
I could be wrong but the symbolism is in the movie.
At the end Rey (Han/luke) is in possession of the Falcon, R2d2, Chewie and the light saber. Finn (Leia) does not seem to be force sensitive, he cannot fly and his moral compass is sound. Poe (wedge) was not suppose to live past the tie crash. To me this is evidence that he plays not much of a central role other than to be the face we see when a dog fight is needed.

I think Rey = Han & Luke, Finn = Leia, Poe = wedge. Phasma = Fett. We will not have a big three.
I could be wrong but the symbolism is in the movie.
At the end Rey (Han/luke) is in possession of the Falcon, R2d2, Chewie and the light saber. Finn (Leia) does not seem to be force sensitive, he cannot fly and his moral compass is sound. Poe (wedge) was not suppose to live past the tie crash. To me this is evidence that he plays not much of a central role other than to be the face we see when a dog fight is needed.

I dont see that much Han in Rey other than admiring the Falcon and being a mechanic. if anything she has more Anakin in her. she is incredible at putting things together, all self taught, as she lived on her own on jakku. she was great at putting and fixing things together. and she mastered a flight simulator she had on jakku and learned a lot about being a pilot. She related to Han from a mechanic view, but personality she is more Skywalker. shes got everything from Anakin, Luke, Leia, and even Padame too.

only Phasma Fett comparison i see is the cool armor. but character wise ver very different since She is a Captain and trains recruits for the First Order. Fett is a bounter hunter.

Force trees? Could you make a force staff to block more lightsabers? Better yet, a force canoe!

they left out how snoke is teaching kylo to use the dark and light sides. thats why hes being torn apart too.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's been discussed, but is there a chance we will see Boba Fett in future installments? Or is his goose permanently cooked, now that the EU has been thrown out?

Not really sure I'm liking the supposed replacement for his character archetype.

I don't know if it's been discussed, but is there a chance we will see Boba Fett in future installments? Or is his goose permanently cooked, now that the EU has been thrown out?

Not really sure I'm liking the supposed replacement for his character archetype.

Phasma will be Fett's daughter...

:rotfl

Just saw the film last night for the first time in IMAX, loved it !! It's such a good time to be a Star Wars Fan ! I'm imagining Knights of the Old Republic films with Darth Malgus and more. Question after seeing it I think that Kylo Ren and Rey may be brother and sister ? Ren told Rey when probing her mind you see Solo as a father figure he will disappoint you. Then I think Han and Leia had twins in the expanded universe? The there was line from Han that Chewie likes her. Then flying towards Lukes Island Chewie was staring at her and I felt it was admiration because this is Han's daughter. Any thoughts ?

Just saw the film last night for the first time in IMAX, loved it !! It's such a good time to be a Star Wars Fan ! I'm imagining Knights of the Old Republic films with Darth Malgus and more. Question after seeing it I think that Kylo Ren and Rey may be brother and sister ? Ren told Rey when probing her mind you see Solo as a father figure he will disappoint you. Then I think Han and Leia had twins in the expanded universe? The there was line from Han that Chewie likes her. Then flying towards Lukes Island Chewie was staring at her and I felt it was admiration because this is Han's daughter. Any thoughts ?

they definitely are not twins. Kylo was born about 1 year after Battle of Endor. Rey was born about 11 years after Battle of Endor. thats all we know for sure.

There are a million "fan" theories out there though but we won't know for atleast 2 years. we will see what happens :)

Just saw TFA for the first time and enjoyed it. Though Han certainly didn't seem like a guy whose son become the new Darth Vader - he's too busy hauling Dianogas. You'd think Han and Leia would be having sleepless nights endlessly trying to contact or capture him. And it seems strange they would name their son after Ben Kenobi.:lol

The one major confusion I had was that in the classic trilogy, lightsabers are just devices or tools (that Jedis can wield really well) but in TFA they seem to have a spiritual quality that can bring on visions and communicate things. I mean when Luke receives the saber from Ben in SW, shouldn't Luke have had Anakin visions or something?

Just saw TFA for the first time and enjoyed it. Though Han certainly didn't seem like a guy whose son become the new Darth Vader - he's too busy hauling Dianogas. You'd think Han and Leia would be having sleepless nights endlessly trying to contact or capture him. And it seems strange they would name their son after Ben Kenobi.:lol

The one major confusion I had was that in the classic trilogy, lightsabers are just devices or tools (that Jedis can wield really well) but in TFA they seem to have a spiritual quality that can bring on visions and communicate things. I mean when Luke receives the saber from Ben in SW, shouldn't Luke have had Anakin visions or something?

Rey is something much more powerful than Luke was. She has no Jedi training yet managed to:

-Withstand Kylo's torture method and read his mind
-Mind controlled the Daniel Craig Stormtrooper into removing her restraints and leaving the cell door open
-Force called Anakin's lightsaber from the snow and defeated Kylo

She's unusually strong. My guess is she's another "Chosen One".

Rey is something much more powerful than Luke was. She has no Jedi training yet managed to:

-Withstand Kylo's torture method and read his mind
-Mind controlled the Daniel Craig Stormtrooper into removing her restraints and leaving the cell door open
-Force called Anakin's lightsaber from the snow and defeated Kylo

She's unusually strong. My guess is she's another "Chosen One".

Yeah but it's like discerning user memories from a knife isn't it? No matter how powerful you are, it's just a tool/weapon, at least that was what I always understood a lightsaber to be.

But you're right re: Rey - Luke couldn't really do anything at all until Yoda trained him (well, I guess launching the torpedo at Death Star.) Rey seems to instantly know how to fly the Falcon, use a saber and use the force on people.

Interesting that if TFA closely follows ANH, the next chapter seems to be following ESB - the "training" chapter for the heir-apparent, and where the Sith villain gets closer to his Emperor.

Oh, and Hamill looked totally awesome in his couple of shots. Hope he gets as much screentime in the next movie as Ford did in TFA.

Yeah but it's like discerning user memories from a knife isn't it? No matter how powerful you are, it's just a tool/weapon, at least that was what I always understood a lightsaber to be.

But you're right re: Rey - Luke couldn't really do anything at all until Yoda trained him (well, I guess launching the torpedo at Death Star.) Rey seems to instantly know how to fly the Falcon, use a saber and use the force on people.

Just imagine her with training! She'll be unstoppable. I see her being as powerful as Anakin was, except without the conflict thus allowing for more focus on her abilities.

Interesting that if TFA closely follows ANH, the next chapter seems to be following ESB - the "training" chapter for the heir-apparent, and where the Sith villain gets closer to his Emperor.

Oh, and Hamill looked totally awesome in his couple of shots. Hope he gets as much screentime in the next movie as Ford did in TFA.

Hamill's minute and a half is my favorite moment in the film. Seen it four times and that Luke reveal blows my mind every time.

3469po9.png

Back