The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just imagine her with training! She'll be unstoppable. I see her being as powerful as Anakin was, except without the conflict thus allowing for more focus on her abilities.

Hamill's minute and a half is my favorite moment in the film. Seen it four times and that Luke reveal blows my mind every time.

3469po9.png

Yeah, in mulling the movie (only saw it about eight hours ago) I think that's my favorite moment also. Thanks for the pic.

Really made me want a TFA Luke figure - I hope HT announces that soon. It - and maybe a Han - would be the only TFA figs I'd be interested in.

it is implied that Rey has had training and was hidden away because of her power... her memories are only just "awakening"...

the film showcases Rey's potential, but i am thinking Kylo Ren has the ability to be the strongest force user the franchise has seen…. his interrogation methods were unlike anything Vader or Palpatine were capable of… he was able to stop a laser blast in mid air and engage in conversation effortlessly while it hovered… he walked away from a Bowcaster shot to engaged in a lightsaber duel…

my guess is that Abrams wanted to highlight Kylo’s immaturity (tantrums) in order to demonstrate his progress within future films… as one saw Luke grow / mature into a Jedi within the OT, we will witness the “darker version” of Kylo’s evolution… imagine what a few years of him completing his training will result in…

it is implied that Rey has had training and was hidden away because of her power... her memories are only just "awakening"...

the film showcases Rey's potential, but i am thinking Kylo Ren has the ability to be the strongest force user the franchise has seen…. his interrogation methods were unlike anything Vader or Palpatine were capable of… he was able to stop a laser blast in mid air and engage in conversation effortlessly while it hovered… he walked away from a Bowcaster shot to engaged in a lightsaber duel…

my guess is that Abrams wanted to highlight Kylo’s immaturity (tantrums) in order to demonstrate his progress within future films… as one saw Luke grow / mature into a Jedi within the OT, we will witness the “darker version” of Kylo’s evolution… imagine what a few years of him completing his training will result in…

possibly. In the books she has had fight training and pilot training, all self-taught, pretty much. In her AT-AT home she has access to a flight simulator and she has mastered it. She can choose different ships to simulate. She even restores an old ship by hand with help of 2 others, then flies it to Unkar to sell. I wont tell you the rest of the story incase you want to read it.

im not 100% sure she has had Jedi training before. But her years by herself on Jakku she has learned a lot on how to take care of herself.

i am of course only assuming, but i would bet she has had training... during her fight with Kylo... when she composed herself through the force... the scene very much felt like her connection had awakened.

i don't know if simply being force sensitive would be cause to leave a young girl in care of a junk dealer on some dusty planet...

Yeah, in mulling the movie (only saw it about eight hours ago) I think that's my favorite moment also. Thanks for the pic.

Really made me want a TFA Luke figure - I hope HT announces that soon.

Still waiting.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

possibly. In the books she has had fight training and pilot training, all self-taught, pretty much. In her AT-AT home she has access to a flight simulator and she has mastered it. She can choose different ships to simulate. She even restores an old ship by hand with help of 2 others, then flies it to Unkar to sell. I wont tell you the rest of the story incase you want to read it.

im not 100% sure she has had Jedi training before. But her years by herself on Jakku she has learned a lot on how to take care of herself.

I hope she got more than a freeze dried package of soup muffin as payment for the restored ship.:lol

This is an interesting theory. Is it possible that Rey's memories were intentionally suppressed using the force? Will her memory of her family and the details of how she came to be left on Jakku slowly emerge as she is exposed to Jedi training? I think this could be an exciting narrative device to slowly unlock the mystery of her past.

This is an interesting theory. Is it possible that Rey's memories were intentionally suppressed using the force? Will her memory of her family and the details of how she came to be left on Jakku slowly emerge as she is exposed to Jedi training? I think this could be an exciting narrative device to slowly unlock the mystery of her past.

either that or staring in to the eyes of her father may do the same...

either that or staring in to the eyes of her father may do the same...

I wonder if she remembers what her father or the rest of her family look like. Does she even know her last name? Is "Rey" even her real name?

I wonder if she remembers what her father or the rest of her family look like. Does she even know her last name? Is "Rey" even her real name?

Here's her Mom - the base was made out of ice, so it brought people "together"...

latest

Saw the film for the second time today, after seeing it on opening day.

I enjoyed the film MUCH more this time around. I was able to sit back and "enjoy" the movie without any astronomically high expectations and simply go with the flow. Did catch a few little details that I had missed the first time around, such as Obi-Wan's voice during the lightsaber reveal scene and a bunch of stuff in Jakku. I also appreciated the Kylo/Han scene much more, as well.

As far as figures go, I'll likely be picking up the following:

Rey / BB8
Finn / Riot Trooper
Jakku Stormtrooper
Tie Fighter pilot
Kylo Ren

As far as unannounced (as of yet) figures go, a Han/Chewie 2-pack is a must. Poe in flight suit would be cool as well as a Maz.

I think Rey = Han & Luke, Finn = Leia, Poe = wedge. Phasma = Fett. We will not have a big three.
I could be wrong but the symbolism is in the movie.
At the end Rey (Han/luke) is in possession of the Falcon, R2d2, Chewie and the light saber. Finn (Leia) does not seem to be force sensitive, he cannot fly and his moral compass is sound. Poe (wedge) was not suppose to live past the tie crash. To me this is evidence that he plays not much of a central role other than to be the face we see when a dog fight is needed.

Plans change and stores evolve. The fact that they were planning to kill Poe before they had even cast the part means nothing. JJ hadn't even read the script for the second movie until a couple months ago, so who knows what kind of plans for Poe have emerged since Oscar Isaacs made the role his own?

i am of course only assuming, but i would bet she has had training... during her fight with Kylo... when she composed herself through the force... the scene very much felt like her connection had awakened.

i don't know if simply being force sensitive would be cause to leave a young girl in care of a junk dealer on some dusty planet...

she trained herself in combat. she got in numerous fights on jakku usually protecting her salvaged stuff. and she was great with her staff. she may have had jedi training but i just personally think shes self taught with great Force sensitivity because shes a skywalker. just like Anakin had a lot of skill as a young boy as a pilot and mechanics. but we shall see. they could go so many ways with it. there is no way to unlock the mystery until the next movie comes out.

Rey on Jakku was basically Jedi training. She was doing the same things as Luke on Dagobah, but without a little green guy on her back. It seems whoever put her on Jakku did this intentionally.

Would love to see a TFA Poe figure released. Hopefully in the flightsuit! I'm crossing my fingers he gets more screen time in Ep VIII - he was my favorite new character after Rey.

Would love to see a TFA Poe figure released. Hopefully in the flightsuit! I'm crossing my fingers he gets more screen time in Ep VIII - he was my favorite new character after Rey.

:goodpost:

In the meantime, check out Ex Machina and Inside Llewlyn Davis if you haven't already seen them - Isaac's an amazing actor.

Plans change and stores evolve. The fact that they were planning to kill Poe before they had even cast the part means nothing. JJ hadn't even read the script for the second movie until a couple months ago, so who knows what kind of plans for Poe have emerged since Oscar Isaacs made the role his own?

Yep, Poe will be a major character in the upcoming films. And he is essentially "the new Han". They dropped hints at that in TFA already.

Yep, Poe will be a major character in the upcoming films. And he is essentially "the new Han". They dropped hints at that in TFA already.

He's not the new Han at all. Han was the anti-hero. The reluctant good guy. Poe is not reluctant in any way. Heck, He works for Leia and the Resistance.

The closest we had to Han was Finn. He just wanted to desert from the FO and when Maz put him on the spot to help the Resistance he tried to flee (like Han did in ANH).

Honestly all the new leads are truly new. Rey really isn't Luke, Poe really isn't Han, Finn really isn't anything we've seen before.

Honestly all the new leads are truly new. Rey really isn't Luke, Poe really isn't Han, Finn really isn't anything we've seen before.

This is truly a good thing. They could've just recycled roles and called it a day. I could see Finn being a Resistance General. Anybody think he's paralyzed? He took a nasty slash to the back.

Back