The Force Awakens - Figure discussion (with SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylo Ren is Jacien Solo who went on to be Darth Caedus and Rey could be his twin sister, Jaina Solo.

No, that's exactly how Anakin was. Unstable, unpredictable, emotional and to add, creepy, annoying and arrogant. If you believe otherwise you're just imagining things. It's like the prequel-whiners now change opinion because of how Kylo Ren was in The Force Awakens. Now suddenly Anakin was never like that but Kylo was and it's super cool. :rotfl

The moment the part where the stormies shun him really back fired on me.

Just came back from my second viewing and looked for that scene you talked about. Never saw it? The only thing I saw was 2 Stormtroopers running away from Kylo when he was going mad and screaming "guards!". They were more afraid than disobedient.

No, that's exactly how Anakin was. Unstable, unpredictable, emotional and to add, creepy, annoying and arrogant. If you believe otherwise you're just imagining things. It's like the prequel-whiners now change opinion because of how Kylo Ren was in The Force Awakens. Now suddenly Anakin was never like that but Kylo was and it's super cool. :rotfl

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Kylo to me wasn't annoying or overly creepy. Maybe the character just seemed more likeable to me. He wasn't constantly a complete unwatchable ***** like anakin was in the prequels. More bad ass, relatable and no cringey dialogue. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't perfect, but definitely not on the same level as anakin imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kylo to me wasn't annoying or overly creepy. Maybe the character just seemed more likeable to me. He wasn't constantly a complete unwatchable ***** like anakin was in the prequels.

Your opinion, of course. I don't follow this way of thinking and consider myself lucky I don't hold these opinions. Pheew.. Glad I like the complete saga.

More bad ass, relatable and no cringey dialogue.

Relatable? Now you have my interest, please do tell how Kylo is relatable to you?

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't perfect, but definitely not on the same level as anakin imo

Anakin wasn't a perfect character neither was Kylo Ren. They were written that way on purpose.

Your opinion, of course. I don't follow this way of thinking and consider myself lucky I don't hold these opinions. Pheew.. Glad I like the complete saga.

It really isn't half bad xD

Relatable? Now you have my interest, please do tell how Kylo is relatable to you?

Anakin wasn't a perfect character neither was Kylo Ren. They were written that way on purpose.

Well who doesn't have a little dark side in them :D on a different note, I just felt that anakins character was just very badly written, not only his motives and how he turned, but that's a totally different topic that I don't wanna get into xD

Regardless I guess what I'm saying is that anakin had no likeability for me (and in a slight tangent because of that ruined a little of my enjoyment of darth vaders character), yet kylo did.

I like the way Kylo was trying to finish the job that his Grandfather started and the fact that I look up to my Grandfather made it kind of relatable...in a way. I'm not saying I would turn to the dark side and murder innocent people but Snoke obviously tapped into the dark side that 'Kylo' had in his blood. This isn't real life so I guess in the Star Wars universe it makes sense.

I like the way Kylo was trying to finish the job that his Grandfather started and the fact that I look up to my Grandfather made it kind of relatable...in a way. I'm not saying I would turn to the dark side and murder innocent people but Snoke obviously tapped into the dark side that 'Kylo' had in his blood. This isn't real life so I guess in the Star Wars universe it makes sense.

Yeah his motives just seemed more believable than how anakin turned

That's a question I did have... I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what I have seen and read it seems that Kylo pretty much reveres Vader and is trying to continue his work of exterminating the Jedi and continue the Dark side.

So, it's obvious he knows that Vader (and therefore Anakin) was his grandfather, so I would also assume that Han, Leia, or Luke would have told him at some point: "Hey, he fell to the dark side and was evil, but in the end he saw the error of his ways, turned his back on the dark side and killed the Emperor"

So, in the film, does Kylo not have that info? Was the grandfather reveal done by the villain? Or think that Vader made a mistake turning on the Dark side?

It really isn't half bad xD

Lol well if you're happy (if a prequel-hater can be happy? I'm not sure so far haha) then I guess that works. :lol

Well who doesn't have a little dark side in them :D on a different note, I just felt that anakins character was just very badly written, not only his motives and how he turned, but that's a totally different topic that I don't wanna get into xD

I thought Anakin’s turn to the dark side was one of the most satisfyingly executed part of the prequels. It was believable to me that someone with his personality would fall to the dark side as opposed to the fun, likeable and "cool" Anakin from say the cute kids show the Clone Wars.

Regardless I guess what I'm saying is that anakin had no likeability for me (and in a slight tangent because of that ruined a little of my enjoyment of darth vaders character), yet kylo did.

With that line of thinking doesn't Kylo ruin Darth Vader for you? Kylo is trying to finish a job that Darth Vader himself didn't want to finish, he was the one that actually turned to the light side in the end and defeated Lord Sidious. What the heck is Kylo Ren on about trying to finish his job?

Edit: Kylo should view Darth Vader as a traitor, not a role-model.

I like the way Kylo was trying to finish the job that his Grandfather started

I'd like to find out more in the sequels as to why he wanted to do this. I'd like to know how what happened to him during his training with Luke. So many questions and so few answers in this movie. We will get the full picture when the trilogy is complete.

Last edited:
I thought Anakin’s turn to the dark side was one of the most satisfyingly executed part of the prequels. It was believable to me that someone with his personality would fall to the dark side as opposed to the fun, likeable and "cool" Anakin from say the cute kids show the Clone Wars.

It should have been but it wasn't. Badly written and acted. Not believable at all.

Anyway back to topic, did you guys see the photos of the Hot Toys Finn figure? Looks great but should have more sweat on the headsculpt. :lol

12345577_989950801043248_3804432811197139020_n.jpg

Just got back. Positives where BB8, Rey and Finn. I liked the idea of a Stormtrooper going renegade. Kylo was interesting but I found the scene with Han very upsetting. My own father sadly passed away 2 weeks ago and it is still too raw for me.

Phasma was a complete let down. I wanted to get the HT of her but she was useless. Just shows how marketing can make you buy something that in reality is a bit naff.

Overall I could happily swerve the majority of the merchandise tbh.

I have the Snowtrooper and Kylo on pre order and will add Rey/BB8 and Finn (who was surprisingly interesting). Phasma, Flametrooper etc look an easyish pass.

The film for me was just A New Hope on steroids for the next generation. I hope the next 2 films can give this one more clarification.

Interestingly, Finn comes with a bag that i don't remember him with in the movie when Rey is clearly the one using it at some point.

I loved the film, but will be staying OT for 1/6 figures.
The collecting could just keep going forever if you don't draw a line in the sand somewhere.

It was the return of the lightsaber to Luke that got me all choked up. His face said so much.

will be staying mostly OT for 1/6 figures

I am still processing the film....it had both good and bad elements. I have Kylo and a couple troopers coming which will be fine addition to the collection. I liked a few other characters but not really interested enough to own. My take: Phasma, Snoke, Hux, Luke were let downs while Kylo, Finn, Han were solid and Rey, Leia and Poe meh.

So i just got out. This movie makes me really want Rey, BB8, and Kylo Ren. It also makes me not even remotely want Phasma. What a waste she was.

Back