The Firefly controversy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly...awesome, meh, or caca? You make the call!

• Total voters
I doubt we'll see figures like Mindbender or Serpentor or Copperhead, etc. Not when they could really knock guys like Scrap-Iron and Vipers out of the park.

I doubt we'll see figures like Mindbender or Serpentor or Copperhead, etc. Not when they could really knock guys like Scrap-Iron and Vipers out of the park.

I'd put Mindbender in the same category as Crocmaster and RoadPig. We won't see them, like we won't see TOD Indy or Mola Ram, until either they figure out WTF to do with the muscle aspect or admit they're never going to do them period. :lol

But surely Zartan, Gung Ho, and Destro are all characters that need a figure. I mean they are some of the biggest characters in the series and to not do them because they'd have to be changed too much doesn't seem like a good answer to me.

I'd put Mindbender in the same category as Crocmaster and RoadPig. We won't see them, like we won't see TOD Indy or Mola Ram, until either they figure out WTF to do with the muscle aspect or admit they're never going to do them period. :lol

yeah i know their done with indy for a while, 12" anyways.

But surely Zartan, Gung Ho, and Destro are all characters that need a figure. I mean they are some of the biggest characters in the series and to not do them because they'd have to be changed too much doesn't seem like a good answer to me.

didt they say they were working on a new body for a bigger character?like destro or roadblock? i hope were on the same page as im kinda tired

Major gripes aside, I'll still buy him, although this will be the first Sideshow Joe figure I feel I need to modify to get the look right. He comes with some great accessories and I like the headsculpt. A new uniform and some paint will get him looking like Firefly.

Welcome aboard, Roy!
icon14.gif
I think you'll find a lot of guys are in the same boat as yourself.

Thanks Mando! I've been impressed with the other figures so far and I think they've been a good representation of the classics with subtle modern tweaks. Firefly is a bit of a disappointment, but still fixable.

I'll be buying, but I think 'onethousandmasks' custom Firefly is 1000x better. I dont understand SS take. First with the Cobra Sniper, a character I never knew existed, and now this Firefly. The basically gave him a ordinary look, and took away everything that made the character "cool". I would love to see SS put the new spin style on the SW and Marvel line. Give Spiderman a new "modernized" outfit, and see what kind of response they get.

I'll be buying, but I think 'onethousandmasks' custom Firefly is 1000x better. I dont understand SS take. First with the Cobra Sniper, a character I never knew existed, and now this Firefly. The basically gave him a ordinary look, and took away everything that made the character "cool". I would love to see SS put the new spin style on the SW and Marvel line. Give Spiderman a new "modernized" outfit, and see what kind of response they get.

It's not like he's a CCC (marketing gimmick). :huh

Hence why I'm saying leave that cammo pattern to the outfit, something that can be easily changed out vs. slopping it all over the balaclava too and ****ing everyone who's planning to make him look more authentic. :dunno
If they can release a pointless, extra head with Storm Shadow that no one is going to pose him with, I think they should have done 2 heads here--1 more "realistic" (i.e. Cobra Trooper head that we are getting) and one better matching the original figure or, barring that, the camo Sideshow is putting on his jacket.

If they can release a pointless, extra head with Storm Shadow that no one is going to pose him with, I think they should have done 2 heads here--1 more "realistic" (i.e. Cobra Trooper head that we are getting) and one better matching the original figure or, barring that, the camo Sideshow is putting on his jacket.

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 NO! Better to have a blank canvas than to have to paint over nasty ROC cammo. :lol

why even bother with this head if you're just going to bash him anyway, especially if you're going to upgrade the body and uniform. seems the only selling points are the accessories in that case. you can probably just pick up the accessories and any head you like and put a cloth balacava over it and probably get the complete figure for $60 in that case.

why even bother with this head if you're just going to bash him anyway, especially if you're going to upgrade the body and uniform. seems the only selling points are the accessories in that case. you can probably just pick up the accessories and any head you like and put a cloth balacava over it and probably get the complete figure for $60 in that case.

The only mods I'm planning on making, are changing the TMP with a Swedish K, swapping out the clothes and possibly repainting the head. Everything else, including the exclusive, is kept.

With that rationale then no one would have awesome repaints from the likes of Kuato, Small Studios, Seb, Darren, etc. Dollies are what you make of them. Right? :dunno

Yeah, at present I think it'll be cheaoer for me to just the whole thing. Judging from the parts I'm interested in it wouldn't make much sense to not spend the extra $$$ and get the uni, gun, and crap body too.

Yeah, at present I think it'll be cheaoer for me to just the whole thing. Judging from the parts I'm interested in it wouldn't make much sense to not spend the extra $$$ and get the uni, gun, and crap body too.

Versus spending more than the figure costs to get all the individual parts. Of course, he'll leave it alone, like he did with our debate about SS painting the head, because that would put him on the losing end of the argument. But hell, you still gotta love the cheap bastard. :p

what are you talking about? your justification on the head only suits 1 person's personal preference based on having to heavily modify the product anyway. :lol I didn't back down for fear of losing. its just no point in arguing with someone set in their own mind without any consideration for what 99% of the other customers prefer. your argument held as much water as someone who prefers a hot pink balacava just because they like that color. I can't argue against that. :lol My argument was based on personal preference AND the other 99% of the people buying. Yours not so much.

what are you talking about? your justification on the head only suits 1 person's personal preference based on having to heavily modify the product anyway. :lol I didn't back down for fear of losing. its just no point in arguing with someone set in their own mind without any consideration for what 99% of the other customers prefer. your argument held as much water as someone who prefers a hot pink balacava just because they like that color. I can't argue against that. :lol My argument was based on personal preference AND the other 99% of the people buying. Yours not so much.

Fact is, it takes less effort to add color to a gray sculpt, than it does to strip and repaint an entire sculpt, or paint over that gaudy cammo. That was the argument and you lost. :dunno

Fact is, it takes less effort to add color to a gray sculpt, than it does to strip and repaint an entire sculpt, or paint over that gaudy cammo. That was the argument and you lost. :dunno

a monkey can do what you consider hard. IE, removing paint and/or simply spreading a solid coat of a single color onto a head. :lol :duh

My argument was that the artistic and skilled part of adding a believable camo pattern to match the suit is much more difficult and would prefer SSC to do it.

"Effort" is easier to come by than "skill".

Back