The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MJ Choi McClane sculpt has turned up and it's amazing the only thing I want to ask is how is everyone attaching the head to the body? the opening on the neck on mine is very wide and I and scared that it will fall off with it rested on there? are people using blue tack?

was now thinking of buying the outfit for the finishing touch???

On mine i'm using the neck peg that came with the body, and a little blu-tac. You can get the sockets from time to time off ebay though and just glue one in if you want.

002_1_zps18azjxuv.jpg

009_1_zpszlpqfz8t.jpg

Thank you for the advice. Can I ask is that the cloths set as well on the first picture or is that a kit bash? Also I am thinking of going with the mms220 body but was wondering if there is any difference to this and the Royce body?

First photo has clothes set that came with sculpt.

It's on DX05 body, but TTM220 (The Wolverine), TTM19 and DX05 are all the same body from the waist up, with slightly different skin tones. I don't know about the Royce body.

I had to have a John McClane in my collection, and since Hot Toys and Sideshow haven't obliged...I made my own.

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

Finally finished my McClane. Fairly happy with it given its my first custom from scratch. Made a mess of painting the eye's but look passable from a distance lol. Thanks again to Hunterdnrc for the excellent custom stand.

That's one of the best McClane's I've seen. Beautiful work on the t-shirt! :clap Trying to make something look accidently messy is one of the hardest things to do. You'd think it would be easy, but it can seem really 'placed' if you're not careful.

MJ did a great job on those pants.

Guys anyone know where I can get the police badge that hangs around the neck.
Also whats the best wat to bloody up one of these vests...hopless and this sort of thing.

A work in progress. Still trying to determine what head to use. Will try to post close up pics later. Put a lot of work into this guy. The tank and pants alone took forever to weather and colour to my liking.

A work in progress. Still trying to determine what head to use. Will try to post close up pics later. Put a lot of work into this guy. The tank and pants alone took forever to weather and colour to my liking.

Looks great. I used the head you have at McClane's feet by Daniel. It's the first sculpt I've ever painted from scratch and it shows, but I think the headsculpt does a great job of capturing the spirit of the character.
6f5a612d27238f01fd1699589e405587.jpg

Back