The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you guys "weathering" his t-shirt and pants? They all look so great. I'm just waiting on his Beretta so I can start mine.
I use a combination of things. Paint, pastels, Tamiya weathering kit. The first step I use is to give the vest a bath in watered down dirty grey/black paint to take the bright white look off it.

Crappy cell phone pics, so apologies for that. When my wife moved out, I'm convinced she took my camera! McClane is pretty much done. I might do a little bit more weathering, and do something to the base, but other than that, done. I just got the one sixth kit head. *runs*

I just couldn't justify the original price for it. and the head was just too big. This head is actually quite good, maybe a smidge too big but that's it. And the head actually looks smaller in real life than in the pics.

All I did to the head was dirty up his beard a bit more and added sweat to him throughout. I might try to match the body a bit closer to the head, but in person it actually looks pretty close.

Attachments

• IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 325
Crappy cell phone pics, so apologies for that. When my wife moved out, I'm convinced she took my camera! McClane is pretty much done. I might do a little bit more weathering, and do something to the base, but other than that, done. I just got the one sixth kit head. *runs*

I just couldn't justify the original price for it. and the head was just too big. This head is actually quite good, maybe a smidge too big but that's it. And the head actually looks smaller in real life than in the pics.

All I did to the head was dirty up his beard a bit more and added sweat to him throughout. I might try to match the body a bit closer to the head, but in person it actually looks pretty close.

Nice work all round, looks great.

looks good, where did you get the pants?

Great job, Reinhardt!

Going to be putting one together myself. Anyone know where you can still get the accurate submachine gun?

Edit: Nevermind, found something that'll work.

Last edited:
Pjam! Good to see you buddy!

Won't be able to post a detailed recipe for a bit. Got some personal stuff going on for the next month or so.

Pjam! Good to see you buddy!

Won't be able to post a detailed recipe for a bit. Got some personal stuff going on for the next month or so.

No worries, I can wait. I waited for you didn't I? :lol

Honestly, for the first time, I feel comfortable that I can do a decent McClane, and believe me, I've been following this thread, seen all the sculpts, all the great efforts, but it took THIS head to make it worth the effort for me. I EVEN bought that stupid Chinese Diehard knockoff years ago, you know, the ones with the stupid names like Detective Jon, even bought two different ones I think :lol -- anyway good to see this come to life. :duff

Here's my McClane. Love this head sculpt. Got the idea for the cotton cigarette smoke from joebizz34's custom on YouTube. Thanks Hunterdnrc for the decals!

Yippee Ki Yay!

19141130763_6a63cb198e_c.jpg

19762036745_21e967ee72_c.jpg

19766703801_facd86330e_c.jpg

19141124863_657f7f9154_c.jpg

19573980970_48ded1038c_c.jpg

19575405159_8deee50195_c.jpg

19573980908_94816e1234_c.jpg

19762002995_3a38fc17a9_c.jpg

19573993428_b138d33f61_c.jpg

19575421389_0ef2ac4a7b_c.jpg

19754764252_c75fbd2af2_c.jpg