The DIE HARD Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man I might give it a go. Bleaching is kind of "iffy" with this 1/6 stuff. Works about half of the time.

Gonna try to bleach the one I have now...until then if anyone runs across something I would be much obliged.

How come there isnt any commercial McClane out?
It would sell out in a heart beat.

A dirty, barefoot, John from Hot Toys with rubber body, i would buy that for a dollar...

How come there isnt any commercial McClane out?
It would sell out in a heart beat.

A dirty, barefoot, John from Hot Toys with rubber body, i would buy that for a dollar...

I think we might see one soon what with the rash of Willis figures coming out. Brothers production should get to him sooner or later.

i would love to see john mclane die hard 3 as bd
I had a heart-breaking experience with minibarbie on eBay a couple of years ago. He advertised a 1/6 shirt that was a dead ringer for the shirt that Bruce wears in DH 3. It just needed to have the sleeves shortened. So I bought it and set about getting the rest of the figure ready-Muscle shirt, body , head, badge and holder, shoulder holster, the whole works. All I needed was the beige shirt. Well, it finally arrived. I breaathlessly opened it, ready to shorten the sleeves and get my DH 3 figure finished. I opened the envelope and it was the wrong shirt. Not even remotely right.. Big fat brown and blue stripes. I couldn't believe it. So I sat down and emailed him right away telling him what happened and that I wanted the shirt I ordered. His response was-he didn't know why I got the wrong shirt but he had already refunded my money. I scoured his auctions for the next several weeks but never saw the shirt again. So now I have a completely movie-accurate DH 3 figure except for the red plaid short sleeve sport shirt( one I had laying around that I had hoped never to have to use). So if there was ever a company made DH 3 figure I would buy it in a heartbeat and throw away everything but the shirt.

I had a heart-breaking experience with minibarbie on eBay a couple of years ago. He advertised a 1/6 shirt that was a dead ringer for the shirt that Bruce wears in DH 3. It just needed to have the sleeves shortened. So I bought it and set about getting the rest of the figure ready-Muscle shirt, body , head, badge and holder, shoulder holster, the whole works. All I needed was the beige shirt. Well, it finally arrived. I breaathlessly opened it, ready to shorten the sleeves and get my DH 3 figure finished. I opened the envelope and it was the wrong shirt. Not even remotely right.. Big fat brown and blue stripes. I couldn't believe it. So I sat down and emailed him right away telling him what happened and that I wanted the shirt I ordered. His response was-he didn't know why I got the wrong shirt but he had already refunded my money. I scoured his auctions for the next several weeks but never saw the shirt again. So now I have a completely movie-accurate DH 3 figure except for the red plaid short sleeve sport shirt( one I had laying around that I had hoped never to have to use). So if there was ever a company made DH 3 figure I would buy it in a heartbeat and throw away everything but the shirt.

Same here. Tried bleaching, RIT color removal and paint washing the aforementioned plaid shirt.

Sucks, this does.

Just barely faded it. Still way too much blue. I'm thinking the red plaid shirt you referred me to would work a little better, but again, I think too much red would show through.

Just barely faded it. Still way too much blue. I'm thinking the red plaid shirt you referred me to would work a little better, but again, I think too much red would show through.

I've found that bleaching something and then leaving it out in the sun works wonders. Don't know why; maybe the sun activates something.

But then again there are some materials that just won't budge. I had a cap once I needed to fade and I bleached it so much that the material literally got eaten apart. But the color remained, even in its melted form.

So be careful.

Maybe just find a white shirt, cut the sleeves and paint on your own pattern. Starting with white may be the way to go rather than trying to tone something down.

I've found that bleaching something and then leaving it out in the sun works wonders. Don't know why; maybe the sun activates something.

But then again there are some materials that just won't budge. I had a cap once I needed to fade and I bleached it so much that the material literally got eaten apart. But the color remained, even in its melted form.

So be careful.

Maybe just find a white shirt, cut the sleeves and paint on your own pattern. Starting with white may be the way to go rather than trying to tone something down.

That's probably the way to go. And I plan on having him beat to hell just a bit, so a white shirt w/ a tan paintwash and grease/blood stains may work just fine.

Compiling my PARTS today.

Put McClane together VERY ROUGHLY... still need a body, still need to weather shirt and pants, etc. But finally he's coming together -- got most everything: bare feet, wifebeater, pants, belt, watch, beretta, MP5, even a hand with a metal wedding band on it (Thanks Spartan Rex).

Just running a test on an HT body here:

McClanePARTS1.jpg
McClanePARTS3.jpg

I was originally planning to use the Comedian body but with the help of some friends discovered that my custom sculpt (Kuato) is too narrow for the large HT neck. Now I'm leaning towards the Soldier Story body with arm sleeves of some sort.

Very nice.
Where are the pants from?

Thanks for the tip on that hand!

The pants are from HT Two-Face. I noticed those pants are nearly perfect: flat front, belt loops, real pockets, long enough to make a cuff, and have a nice subtle texture.

I'll be going for the McClane-meets-Gruber look so that whole outfit above will become a total mess.

Back