The Debbie Downer Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well here it is…a catch all thread to capture all our 1:6 1:4 1:3 action figure and statue gripes…

I will start:

HT MMS 610 Doc Brown —ear holes in the hair but no glasses, straight up re release of BTTF 2 hs, crappy cardboard plutonium case for the price.

…and go!

Interesting thread. Man I would not know where to start.

I will start with the use of cardboard which should never ever be part of a figure/set. I hate those backdrops with a passion, the plutonium case even if it was in real life they should not have used cardboard. Those stupid graphic cards - have they finally stopped making them? The Scarlet Witch candle base made of cardboard. Just awful.

Cardboard.
My god what is wrong with you HT.

I’ve already sent them an email about Doc Brown generally and I’m tempted to just keep sending them an email every week complaining about something.

D60713A8-1730-4743-A9DF-E542609CC299.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the Present Toys John Preston from Equilibrium, and instead of being scaled to someone who is 6' like Christian Bale is, the figure is way too short and just a smidgen taller than the MCU Spidey, so he'd be lucky to be scaled as a 5'9" person. He looks extra ridiculous next to Maximus from Gladiator who is 30cm/12" tall.

EXO-6 only getting Q out for TNG's 35th anniversary this year but yet they managed to get plenty of Voyager and DS9 released and up for preorder.

Hot Toys not announcing a single figure from Andor yet baffles me.

Iconiq Studios churning out Ryu when they still haven't released the first figure they announced two and a half years ago, Patrick Bateman.

Blitzway's ridiculous pricing for their Kurt Cobain figure.

Hot Toys's silly 'order now and wait 2 years while we still jack up pricing' methodology.

Sideshow's likely bait and switch with Dirty Harry.

Star Ace having The Boys license.

Hot Toys making cosbabies and nothing else from huge films.

Damtoys updating once every three months and when they do its an overpriced Resident Evil figure.

DID Toys ignoring fan feedback on a poor sculpt and lying to customers when they put 'updated' pics up a week later, which is just a hastily done paintjob (Horvath, Upham).

Trick or Treat Studios ignoring feedback and releasing shoddy figures regardless with all of their Myers figures, then not taking advantage of Halloween to show upcoming figures like the TCM line.

InArt coming out of the gate with moronic pricing and zero track record, ballsing up not one but two showcases, regularly spouting conflicting information in interviews, then going radio silent with zero updates despite putting out a press release announcing lineups.

Threezero focusing almost exclusively on robots and anime the past two years and throwing TWD and GoT collectors a bone twice a year if you're lucky.

Big Chief Studios's neverending delays and the released products ends up being good if we were in 2004.

Bootleggers making the best figures but with very limited runs, very little communication and random product drops.

EXO-6's website and random preorder drops causing frustration for collectors a year and a half after launching is silly.

Prestige licences like Bond, Aliens, Predator, Terminator and more either getting treated poorly or ignored altogether.

Hot Toys's neverending focus on Marvel while releasing terrible reissues and hashed together figures like Begins Batman and Doc Brown.

It can be such a frustrating hobby, but even with their shortcomings, EXO-6 are still getting the majority of my dough this year and in the years to come. Other companies seem to actively hate money and do zero market research because they are so unpredictable in their choices.

Last edited:
Well here it is…a catch all thread to capture all our 1:6 1:4 1:3 action figure and statue gripes…

I will start:

HT MMS 610 Doc Brown —ear holes in the hair but no glasses, straight up re release of BTTF 2 hs, crappy cardboard plutonium case for the price.

…and go!
I’ll double down on that and mention the recycling of old head sculpts. HT Doc, Robocop, etc

Another gripe for me would be the lack of interesting licenses being made lately. Would love to see HT, Dam, or Blitzway do some icon stuff instead of the same ol Marvel stuff.

Wrist pegs.
Let’s talk about wrist pegs.
I am sick of them.
Will be interested to see how well Inart’s chango arms work.
I don’t understand why they can’t permanently embed the pegs into the hands. You would still have the full swivel, i think, less breakages and a peg for every hand!
Hey presto.

Or am I missing something?

I often tend to forget a really important aspect with my ridiculous ideas.

Don’t some companies already do something like this?

The bodies Soosootoys uses for most of their figures are complete trash. The ones used for the black suit daredevil and Superman for example. They are pieces of 💩 and I can’t fathom why fools praise those figures. I get better articulation out of Keaton Batman than those figures. At least their headsculpts look decent most of the time.

Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,🥱

Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,Iron Man, Marvel,🥱
Tbh I have zero problems with all the Iron Man’s. What they did with all the suits in the films was an incredibly clever ploy, that worked equally for the stories and for an absolute cash cow. If you are a fan, it is staggering that every single suit was done for the collector. The levels of development with the figures in terms of articulation, paintwork, engineering, cannot be denied as well. And a business will and should go with where the money is. To not do it, would just be stupidity.

I have LOTS of issues with HT but this is not one of them.

Back