THE DEAD: Subject 245: Punk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, it took an entire hour to sell a really low (the lowest ever for the Dead to my recollection) ed. size of 245 for probably one of the best figures not only in the Dead line, but that SS has put out to date (at least judging by pre-production).

That coupled with how many of the last several regular release Dead figures are languishing in the SS warehouse definitely speaks to something. The writing is on the wall, regardless of the circumstances. If this keeps up, it just won't be benificial to SS financially to produce The Dead at all anymore. They aren't making any $ off of all those figures sitting in the warehouse. I do wonder what those numbers of Dead shelf-warmers actually are.

I truly thought Punk would be gone within 2 minutes of the PPO, especially at a ed. size of 245.

OMG, the person (Cathy) I was talking too at customer service got me off the phone because she had to go eat lunch! Talk about bad customer service.

They just told me it DOES NOT WORK ON PRIORITY PREORDERS.

Everyone else just used their codes for this Punk order right?

OMG, the person (Cathy) I was talking too at customer service got me off the phone because she had to go eat lunch! Talk about bad customer service.

What are you talking about? The 10% discount coupon? Or are you talking about a regular gift card?

The discount coupons are valid on any Sideshow Originals order, including both in-stock and preorder items. It says so right in the email that includes the coupon code:
All Sideshow Originals in-stock and preorder items are eligible for this promotion / coupon use.
Gift cards are only valid on select in-stock items. No preorder or wait list orders are allowed using gift cards.

As far as your "bad customer service" issue, had you already completed the business of your call? If so, how is that "bad"?

I posted a message in the Ask Sideshow forum to inquire why the coupon was not able to be used. Hope an answer is posted.

Yup. Got $8 off of my order on the exclusive.

I also think the slow sell out may have had something to do with people waiting for the streamline session to end so they could also use their coupons. Just a thought.

Got on the waitlist for the EX around 1:30pm pst. I totally forgot about the PPO today; so busy at work. I also was really surprised at the low ES so I hope the WL converts.

:monkey2 I wish i'd got this, i was at the computer in time but when your a kid you have for wait for your mum and her credit card before you get anything, and she was on the phone for an hour so all i could do was watch as it very slowly sold out...:monkey2 :monkey2

Glad those who wanted one got one, hope everyone who wanted one was able to score an exclusive.

To be honest, I've given it some thought and I'm leaving the line. ( I might have the shortest run of a The Dead collector ever) Pressing 75-80 now per shot is just outside my comfortable range. I could hang on and try to get the latest ones cheaper after people cycle out of theirs for some reason, but I don't want to sustain another full line any longer.

I think the sticking point for me is with some paint and some practice sculpting, etc, I think zombies can be from the ground up customs. Certainly I don't think I could come close to what SST does, but I think I can just make some of my own too and be happy with them.

Leaving the line, will stick to Predators now ( whats left of them). Good luck to the rest of you, all the best,

Gekko

You would think that they would be cheap considering that SS doesn't have to play licence rights to anyone, ORIGINIAL LINE and all. I guess its like everything else though, as long as a company knows people will buy their product they'll keep pushing the price until they break us.

Back