The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New SSC Horror Tease

I got my spook kit today. They are listed under the busts category in the catalog, but it doesn't list a scale or price. Lonnie's pic is the full page. They are also listed in the Mort comic as "specimen busts." It also says purchase these and other specimens at Sideshow. So it sounds like a full new line!

Again, I am hoping for 1:6 scale. But they very well might be 1:4. Most of the other busts in the bust section of the catalog are LSB though. So maybe these will be too (I hope not really)?

Re: New SSC Horror Tease

now youre just being bitter... you can say that about any sideshow product ... "its just a doll/statue/PF ... er .... sitting there .... umm .. on the shelf .... ".... :lol

You had better be winding me up mr. occ. You should know better than that. :tap

Re: THE DEAD Specimen BUSTS!!!!! YES!!!!!

Man, been away for several days...

I figured these guys would've had a thread that actually announced "DEAD Busts!!!" or something of that nature.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Good point Ron.. maybe a mod can change the thread title???

I think this is where I draw the line with displaying zombies.

I think this is where I draw the line with displaying zombies.

Whats a matter?... you bring a nice girl home and she sees a bunch of rotting decapitated heads on the coffee table or mantle.

Whats a matter?... you bring a nice girl home and she sees a bunch of rotting decapitated heads on the coffee table or mantle.

I think it's more a matter of significance. These pieces don't really have any, unless you're an avid gore collector. If they were 1:6, they'd be perfect in a dio, but as 1:4 busts, with nothing coinciding, they're just "eh." Personally, I'd rather put the money toward another complete figure.

Thats going to be the main issue for a lot of people. Do you by because you love zombies and they look cool.. or spend the money on something.. ermmm, more complete. ;)

I might bite for 1/4th but any bigger is a definate no.

I wonder how much these will be... $40 per head?

Price will play a big part in if I pick these up or not. I like the concept and they look pretty good but with all the other lines I am buying right now it will be hard to jump into something new.

Thats going to be the main issue for a lot of people. Do you by because you love zombies and they look cool.. or spend the money on something.. ermmm, more complete. ;)

I might bite for 1/4th but any bigger is a definate no.

I wonder how much these will be... $40 per head?

I love zombies and am still not sold on these heads really. While I'll be the first to admit that they do look really cool, there's just nothing to them that screams "zombie" other than Sideshow putting them under The Dead's license.

I think it's more a matter of significance. These pieces don't really have any, unless you're an avid gore collector. If they were 1:6, they'd be perfect in a dio, but as 1:4 busts, with nothing coinciding, they're just "eh." Personally, I'd rather put the money toward another complete figure.

They'd fit right in with the PF. And they're a lot cheaper and take up less space than the PFs.

I love zombies and am still not sold on these heads really. While I'll be the first to admit that they do look really cool, there's just nothing to them that screams "zombie" other than Sideshow putting them under The Dead's license.

I agree that they do give a bit more of a ^^^^ed up corpse vibe than full on zombies.

Back