The Darkness 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chargersfan57

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Darkness II has been announced by 2K Games, with Dark Sector dev Digital Extremes revealed as the force behind the sequel to 2007's well-received comic book shooter.

The Darkness II will continue the story of Jackie Estacado in a story that's going to stay close to its comic book origins, and it'll likewise retain some of the more original aspects of the first game. Set two years after the original, The Darkness II will see poor Jackie struggling to keep the lid on his superpower as he finds himself in the middle of a full-scale mob war, and it will see a return of the supernatural gunplay of The Darkness.
the-darkness-ii-unveiled-20110208055206064-000.jpg

The Darkness's co-creator and founder of comic book outfit Top Cow Productions was on hand to illuminate an otherwise sparse press release. "Sometimes that whooshing sound you hear is that of comic fans holding their collective breath," enthused Marc Silvestri, "So often disappointed when a favorite character gives birth to a lame movie or video game, us fans have come to expect the worst. And sometimes we get it. But not with The Darkness II. Yeah, call me biased, but this second installment of Jackie Estacado's epic saga is – in my humble opinion – one of the most brutally cool games I've ever played."

Back in 2007 The Darkness bagged a respectable 7.7 so here's hoping its sequel can build on those foundations. Its slated for a 2011 release, and expect a lot more on The Darkness II in the very near future on IGN.
https://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1148362p1.html

FINALLY!!!! It's been a long time coming, but we're finally getting a sequel to one of the best games of 2007!

I did enjoy the first one and I am surprised they are making a second one after all this time. I just assumed the game didn't make enough money so they wouldn't make a sequel. Good news

I did enjoy the first one and I am surprised they are making a second one after all this time. I just assumed the game didn't make enough money so they wouldn't make a sequel. Good news

Definitely good news. The Darkness was a VERY underrated game, and should have sold a lot better than it did. Glad that's not stopping them!

Yesssss! Finally! ____ing finally! :yess::yess::yess:

EDIT: Starbreeze isn't the studio making this. ____.

Last edited:
Yeah read this in a game mag a while ago, should be good. I really liked the first, it had some of the best first person gun play in a game.

Yeah read this in a game mag a while ago, should be good. I really liked the first, it had some of the best first person gun play in a game.

Not to mention a fantastic story as well.

I just downloaded 3 or 4 trailers off the PSN for the Darkness 2. I haven't seen any trailers for the game yet and I'm intrigued to see how it looks.

Good game but just incredibly short. The MP won't hook you as much either. A third one seems to be in the horizon though, looks promising with the ending & all.

This game looks stupid. I watched gameplay videos and the comic look ruins it for me. Gameplay doesn't look all that great, especially with all the points on the screen when you kill people. Way down hill compared to the first.

I still need to get this. Loved the first one, and loved the demo of this one.

You should try & get it on the secondary market in my opinion since it doesn't require an "online pass" or the such. Good game really but as I've stated earlier, just too short. Campaign can be finished in 5 to 6 hours.

The first game was amazing, one of my favorites in 2007.

The 2nd is good but way too short! The story is amazing and pulls you in.
Top Cow has said they want to continue making more Darkness games, if they do I hope they can make it more like the first one.

One last thing, Mike Patton is the man.

Back