The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, my post was not only defending Nolan proper (as far as putting deeper meaning into his films), but also those of us who see deeper meaning in his films. So no, I did not completely misinterpret your post.

Surely, you didn't take that sentence to mean that I thought Nolan makes his movies to be entertaining to himself and infuses them with deeper meaning for himself, did you?

Honestly Nam, why the personal insults? Implying that I'm a sychophant now? Explain the reasoning behind that one. Disagree with my arguments all you want, but why the personal attacks?

You needn't ask why, just read his disclaimer in his signature. :lol

Nam, got room for one more. :lol

I wanna come too.

You needn't ask why, just read his disclaimer in his signature. :lol

The disclaimer is not a free-pass to insult, and doesn't make it ok, in fact, it's an insult in itself.

WARNING: I'm sarcastic & have a smart-ass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, bull____ & stupidity.

The implication being, that if you're on the receiving end of his "sarcastic and smart-ass attitude" it's only because he had to use his "natural defense" against your drama, bull___ & stupidity.

"If I am insulting you, it is because YOU are stupid."

The justification for the insult is...another insult. Wow...it's so meta.

Regardless of what his signature says it's there to avoid getting all offended, like you are. You're looking too deep into it. In other words don't take what he says as a personal attack/insult.

He just being a Nam :lol

So based on that logic you should from this:

3afd5a45.jpg

To this:

3321e1e0.jpg

Ok Nam, got the marshmellows, void, DarkMagic and I will be right over, get that fireplace going. :lol

You wanna get nuts? Come on! Let's get nuts! :lol

Is that code? :horror

First of all, my post was not only defending Nolan proper (as far as putting deeper meaning into his films), but also those of us who see deeper meaning in his films. So no, I did not completely misinterpret your post.

Surely, you didn't take that sentence to mean that I thought Nolan makes his movies to be entertaining to himself and infuses them with deeper meaning for himself, did you?

Honestly Nam, why the personal insults? Implying that I'm a sychophant now? Explain the reasoning behind that one. Disagree with my arguments all you want, but why the personal attacks?

Look up psychofant. :lol

And using ancient Greek mythology as "modern myths" doesn't work. :lol My point is simply, as you do with my posts, you read way too much into something and turn it into something it's not in an effort to make it more meaningful (when it doesn't have to be). For an example of this, see my "Nolancompoop" post in the Avengers thread where I essentially did exactly what you do with Nolan's Batman films.

I know this stuff is all sacrosanct to some of you, but that tag line just isn't as cool as its meant to be. In fact, it's so rote that it's annoying. The simple "Rise" is much better, even if putting the characters's head over the middle of it makes it read like "Rinse" upon quick glance. :lol

I think you already came out of TDK not liking the fact that a lot of people saw it and somewhat became obsessed with these new batflicks. Therefore, every time you see somebody praising Nolan or the film's marketing etc. You automatically don't want to give it a chance because of the bad taste in your math from all the hype TDK got and after it released. Surely I think that if TDK wasn't as successful as it was, it would probably be one of your favorite films.

It's like a hipster hearing is favorite band on the radio. I get it.

The marketing for this film has been pretty fail. :( The cool teaser poster with Bane walking away from the cracked cowl and a few of the TV spots have been the exception and the highlights. The rest? Meh. Just let the movie get here already.

The fact that you deny to like the 2 latest trailers for this film and the new MTV footage, clearly proves my opinion from above. Those 2 trailers were the best for this summer's films (alongside with Prometheus'). :lol

And using ancient Greek mythology as "modern myths" doesn't work. :lol My point is simply, as you do with my posts, you read way too much into something and turn it into something it's not in an effort to make it more meaningful (when it doesn't have to be). For an example of this, see my "Nolancompoop" post in the Avengers thread where I essentially did exactly what you do with Nolan's Batman films.

I actually think that post you made in the Avengers thread was a pretty interesting observation to be honest.

This is all very gay

Do not want

Where are the lolcats

Enterbay Rambo functioning Bow

I think you already came out of TDK not liking the fact that a lot of people saw it and somewhat became obsessed with these new batflicks. Therefore, every time you see somebody praising Nolan or the film's marketing etc. You automatically don't want to give it a chance because of the bad taste in your math from all the hype TDK got and after it released. Surely I think that if TDK wasn't as successful as it was, it would probably be one of your favorite films.

Nah, it's the fact that Nolancompoops see everything he does as a Jesus miracle, flawless and deeper than the Mariana Trench, and we should all be blessed to be receiving it. And that's a load of crap.

I actually think that post you made in the Avengers thread was a pretty interesting observation to be honest.

It is, but I doubt that was the intent of the film makers. I'm intentionally, and admittedly read more into it than is there because, ironically, it fits perfectly and makes sense. But unlike these nutbags, I'm not gonna troll about how Joss and Feige are the new Jesus because they accidentally captured a parallel on film. :lol

Nah, it's the fact that Nolancompoops see everything he does as a Jesus miracle.

I don't know, you have to admit that Nolan hasn't made any bad films yet. His worse being Insomnia, which is still a pretty cool flick. So it's not like the "nolancompoops" don't have a point to not be over excited for his last batman film.

I can't wait for a couple years when a couple folks on these boards hate avengers freaks because of the hipster mentality some have on these boards. :lol

"THERE"S NO SYMBOLISM IN TEH AVENGERS."

I don't know, you have to admit that Nolan hasn't made any bad films yet. His worse being Insomnia, which is still a pretty cool flick. So it's not like the "nolancompoops" don't have a point to not be over excited for his last batman film.

:lol Um... I saw Inception as a contrived ripoff of Total Recall and Dreamscape with some Matrix mixed in for good measure. So as far as bad films, that's entirely subjective. Looking at the Batman films as isolated in their own universe, they're not bad films. But they're not the world's greatest films either. Not even really the greatest comic book movies either since he had to stray so far from the source material, and in some cases blatantly pervert it, to tell his stories.

As for Avengers, we're already there with all the fairweather fans sporting Hulk, Cap and IM sigs and avys. Despite their uber fandom over Avengers, it hasn't sent them in droves scouring through the stores to buy up all the Buffy and Angel DVDs. They're simply not going around pretending Joss is Jesus and proclaiming all his works as "perfection" like the Nolancompoops are doing.

:lol Um... I saw Inception as a contrived ripoff of Total Recall and Dreamscape with some Matrix mixed in for good measure. So as far as bad films, that's entirely subjective. Looking at the Batman films as isolated in their own universe, they're not bad films. But they're not the world's greatest films either. Not even really the greatest comic book movies either since he had to stray so far from the source material, and in some cases blatantly pervert it, to tell his stories.

But that's what special about Nolan film's for me, he's taking a very known property and twisting it up into something special from and original.

Nolan's take on the character is one of the best around.

lol at the last few pages. :yess:

Pre TDKR Party at Nam's :yess:

After TDKR combo party at Void and Platty's :panic:

That's a cool name for a restaurant, Void and Platty's :lol

Nam and ZaCH's a close second. :lol

Buttmunch and Irish's not so much :horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back