The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill out, fella. We all kid around in here. No need for hostility; certainly not towards Jye. He's like a big, green puppy dog for cryin' out loud.:lecture

I'm guessing you ( anyone who is worried about spoilers) never read a book and then watched a movie that was based on said book, or read a book period. Knowing plot points or the entire outcome doesn't change the experience, for me anyway. I do not posses the child like mentality to cover my ears and say "la la la la I can't hear you." I guess I have to take all my DVDs back because they are worthless I already know what's going to happen. :dunno

But I don't want to read TDKR, Nolan doesn't want me to read TDKR.

No, I want to experience it the way it was meant to be seen, in an Imax theater.

Is it so wrong to see it the first time unspoiled in an Imax? :dunno

If that means I have a child like mentality, then so be it.

What did I do with my Menudo album. :lol

Last edited:
And who are you? So many people with opinions telling me I can't have one.:pfft:

Ps: Look I put a funny smiley, that means Im kidding.

They've been around long enough to earn some credibility. You haven't. You make quite a first impression, though.

SnakeDoc

And who are you? So many people with opinions telling me I can't have one.:pfft:

right right, nice try, but cant save this one, you got caught being a meanie, making friends already are we? lol
thumbs-up-meme-52217325834.png

He's what we call a lurker. He slips and slides his way into threads waiting for the opportunity to express his dislike on a popular movie or defend micheal bay. He's like batman himself. He argues for five minutes and disappears into the night. He's watching us. Looking down on us with lustful eyes. Waiting everso patiently for the moment to strike. Be cautious my friend. He knows all.

I'm guessing you ( anyone who is worried about spoilers) never read a book and then watched a movie that was based on said book, or read a book period. Knowing plot points or the entire outcome doesn't change the experience, for me anyway. I do not posses the child like mentality to cover my ears and say "la la la la I can't hear you." I guess I have to take all my DVDs back because they are worthless I already know what's going to happen. :dunno

You understand how this is different right? Seeing a movie that is based on a book may have some details changed in the adaptation, but it isn't a completely new story.

Watching a DVD that you own for the second, or third or fourth time may be still be enjoyable, but it's not the same thing as watching it fresh without knowing what is going to happen next.

Going to the movies is about the experience of it all, the sights, the sounds, the acting, the music etc...movie-goes don't want to just know the plot, they want to see it play out---and for the fiction give them the illusion of reality on the big screen for a couple of hours.

Part of the enjoyment of going in fresh is the surprise of it all. Probably the most iconic spoiler in history is who Luke Skywalker's father is. Do you honestly believe that would have had the same impact for Star Wars fans who have seen the prequels before they watched the original trilogy?

They've been around long enough to earn some credibility. You haven't. You make quite a first impression, though.

SnakeDoc

HAHA !!!! Credibility ? What does that have to do with putting someone down. They have been around longer so they can joke and put people down. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You understand how this is different right? Seeing a movie that is based on a book may have some details changed in the adaptation, but it isn't a completely new story.

Watching a DVD that you own for the second, or third or fourth time may be still be enjoyable, but it's not the same thing as watching it fresh without knowing what is going to happen next.

Going to the movies is about the experience of it all, the sights, the sounds, the acting, the music etc...movie-goes don't want to just know the plot, they want to see it play out---and for the fiction give them the illusion of reality on the big screen for a couple of hours.

Part of the enjoyment of going in fresh is the surprise of it all. Probably the most iconic spoiler in history is who Luke Skywalker's father is. Do you honestly believe that would have had the same impact for Star Wars fans who have seen the prequels before they watched the original trilogy?

Of course, I hate spoilers , my original post about not caring about spoilers was a joke.

HAHA !!!! Credibility ? What does that have to do with putting someone down. They have been around longer so they can joke and put people down. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I think it's about tone. Your original comment reads to me (and apparently some others) as a personal attack. Just putting a smilie doesn't automatically mean you're kidding around.

The "credibility" thing would probably be described better as "familiarity". You ever make a no big deal comment to a friend that you've known for a while that could be taken as an insult if you used those exact words to a stranger? As with in-person interactions, most people don't lead off with a personal-sounding jibe, even in jest, on their first encounter with someone.

He's what we call a lurker. He slips and slides his way into threads waiting for the opportunity to express his dislike on a popular movie or defend micheal bay. He's like batman himself. He argues for five minutes and disappears into the night. He's watching us. Looking down on us with lustful eyes. Waiting everso patiently for the moment to strike. Be cautious my friend. He knows all.

SIT. STAY. That's a good boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back