The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dark Knight Rises

yeZfC.gif

:lecture

I completely forgot that this was coming out this year. WB is really hoping that the hype from TDK is still tiding over aren't they? I haven't seen even a commercial, tv or online or a trailer in the theaters for a while.

I completely forgot that this was coming out this year. WB is really hoping that the hype from TDK is still tiding over aren't they? I haven't seen even a commercial, tv or online or a trailer in the theaters for a while.

Eh. They're probably OK with you forgetting in April ... they just want to make sure you remember by July. My guess is you won't be able to get away from the commercials come June and early July.

They don't really need to sell people on TDKR. People are already sold. They just need to remind people about it when the time comes.

SnakeDoc

tumblr_m2btb6fgk81qd4rf5o1_1280.jpg

12031204cover-ew_400.jpg

https://popwatch.ew.com/2012/04/11/...eadlines-our-2012-summer-movie-preview-issue/

Christopher Nolan knows that The Dark Knight Rises, his third and final film starring Christian Bale as Batman, is one of the most eagerly anticipated films of the year. But the spoiler-averse director is reluctant to reveal too much about his work before its July 20 release. “So what can I not tell you about my film,” he says by way of the greeting during a break from editing Rises in Los Angeles.

Even so, Nolan did expand upon our first preview of Rises (which took you to the set and offered some insight into the movie’s story and themes) and shared some intel about Batman’s latest cinematic adversaries. First, there’s Bane (played by Inception alum Tom Hardy), a cunning, hulking terrorist with a menacing respirator-mask and a small army bent on sacking Gotham City. “He represents formidable physical strength, combined with absolute evil of intention,” says Nolan.

Hardy’s Bane has another defining characteristic that perhaps you’ve heard about, or perhaps have heard and didn’t understand: a curiously accented voice that’s further muffled by the rogue’s high-tech muzzle. “It’s a risk, because we could be laughed at — or it could be very fresh and exciting,” says Hardy, adding that the voice he developed was influenced by many factors, including a desire to honor the comic book character’s brains and Caribbean heritage. “The audience mustn’t be too concerned about the mumbly voice,” says Hardy. “As the film progresses, I think you’ll be able to tune to its setting.”

And then there’s Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, the latest incarnation of Batverse femme fatale Catwoman. Nolan’s take on the character is no campy sexpot or frazzled ghoul but a shifty cipher, calloused survivor, and world-class criminal. Says Nolan, “She has a very strong way of protecting herself and those she cares about, which implies an underlying darkness.” Hathaway says she prepared for the role by reading the comics and studying the moves of Hedy Lamarr and Jean Harlow, the two screen legends that inspired the original conception of the comic book villainess.

The actress also found herself a trainer. “I had to physically transform,” says Hathaway, calling from London, where she’s currently shooting Les Misérables with Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe. “Chris sat me down at the beginning and said, ‘Joseph Gordon-Levitt did all of his own fighting in Inception. That one zero-gravity fight? He trained for two months.’ I basically left his office and went to the gym and just came out about five minutes ago.”

Last edited:

The suit almost looks like a slightly different shade of color. Probably the lighting though.

From what ive heard they don't want to conflict with the Avengrs, so they aren't going to amp up thier marketing campaign until late may/juneish.

BTW, who is that in your sig?

:goodpost:

Oh, haha. It looked kind of like the girl that played Hit Girl in "Kickass", and was thinking "Dude, shes like 13! Kinda creepy!"

Well Chloe Morentz is 15 now... but yeah. Would have been a little creepy if it was her (from then, or now).

Man - Catwoman keeps looking worse and worse :( Waiting for "BIF" and "POW" to show up on the cover.

Also should have shopped out the goiter on bats neck. Looks bad from him turning his head.

Sigh. Hope they release something soon. I think it will be good but my excitement is dwindling quickly.

Man - Catwoman keeps looking worse and worse :( Waiting for "BIF" and "POW" to show up on the cover.

Also should have shopped out the goiter on bats neck. Looks bad from him turning his head.

Sigh. Hope they release something soon. I think it will be good but my excitement is dwindling quickly.

Not sure what you expected catwoman to look like? That's about the best design for the Nolanverse. :dunno

TaHHb.jpg

If you go look at pictures of catwoman from a lot of comic's, the various animated series, and the 1950's tv show, you'll see the resemblances.

Not sure what you expected catwoman to look like? That's about the best design for the Nolanverse. :dunno

TaHHb.jpg

If you go look at pictures of catwoman from a lot of comic's, the various animated series, and the 1950's tv show, you'll see the resemblances.

Hathaway =/= Newmar. Probably the weakest wardrobe design of the series. :monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back