The Dark Knight Rises ***USE SPOILER TAGS***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman/Dark Knight 3rd Film

Never gonna happen, he has been offered Bruce Wayne to Peter Parker to Clark Kent to Anakin Skywalker and refused them all. In not so many words he has said that Comic Book/Sci Fi movies are beneath him and do not challenge him acting wise. Not to mention that he has seemed to buddy up with Martin Scorsese lately like Johnny Depp has buddied up with Tim Burton. Rumor mill is that he signed up for two more Marty flicks filming over the next couple of years.

I think Levitt will do fine as Riddler if it comes to pass then again I'm sure knowing Nolan he'll cast someone who fits his idea of a foil for Batman with no issues. My interest is 1: If there is a Catwoman who they'll cast with the actress rumor doing double speed lately and 2: If he includes more Batvillian cameos on his wayout of the door.

You notice Dicaprio is actually type casting himself... just look at the last ten films hes done.... he plays the same or a similar character in all of them!

He'll break out sooner or later....remember how long it took Depp (since you mentioned him) to go mainstream? Sequels and all?

I really don't see it hey, RE: the JGL and Heath look alike. Like I admit, he looks ALOT like him, but there's just 'something' missing, don't know what it is. The pronounced wide jaw maybe? I also don't think he's anywhere near as diverse or good an actor as Heath. Although he is epic!

I'd rather have Leo. JGL already did the villian role...I want to see Leo be a crazy SOB.

He's bordered on it so many times, I too would like to see him just go over the edge and lose himself, totally giving in to it. It's so 'almost' there and I love it. :clap:yess::lecture

it's been confirmed by Nolan that Joker won't be appearing so we can end the debates about Levitt picking up the role.

I know this, I was just commenting on heath and joseph looking alike. It's not really there to me.

It's a safe bet Marion Cotillard will play Catwoman if indeed Catwoman is in the Cast IMO... :monkey1

You notice Dicaprio is actually type casting himself... just look at the last ten films hes done.... he plays the same or a similar character in all of them!

1.) Inception (2010) .... Cobb
2.) Shutter Island (2010) .... Teddy Daniels
3.) Revolutionary Road (2008) .... Frank Wheeler
4.) Body of Lies (2008) .... Roger Ferris
5.) Blood Diamond (2006) .... Danny Archer
6.) The Departed (2006) .... Billy Costigan
7.) The Aviator (2004) .... Howard Hughes
8.) Catch Me If You Can (2002) .... Frank Abagnale Jr.
9.) Gangs of New York (2002) .... Amsterdam Vallon
10.) Don's Plum (2001) .... Derek

Not

Even

Close
:dunno

1.) Inception (2010) .... Cobb
2.) Shutter Island (2010) .... Teddy Daniels
3.) Revolutionary Road (2008) .... Frank Wheeler
4.) Body of Lies (2008) .... Roger Ferris
5.) Blood Diamond (2006) .... Danny Archer
6.) The Departed (2006) .... Billy Costigan
7.) The Aviator (2004) .... Howard Hughes
8.) Catch Me If You Can (2002) .... Frank Abagnale Jr.
9.) Gangs of New York (2002) .... Amsterdam Vallon
10.) Don's Plum (2001) .... Derek

Not

Even

Close
:dunno

Yea I am with you, I don't see it. :goodpost:

He's picked good roles. But I still want to see him as an evil villian.

he always play a character a tragic character who is trying to himself

lets break down with your list

Cobb: Trying to perform Inception to make his way to his family all the while haunted by his dead wife in his subconcious
Daniels: A lunatic who would rather live in a fictious world because he's haunted by what his wife did to his children and what he did to his wife.
Wheeler: a working class man who breaks a promise to his unhappy wife that drives her to perform an abortion on herself andf in the process pretty much killing herself....

I m not going to go on with this but his choices in movies are really one note. There isn't much depth, versatility or range... he pretty much plays the tragic hero in 8 of the ten movies you named.

Cobb: Trying to perform Inception to make his way to his family all the while haunted by his dead wife in his subconcious
Daniels: A lunatic who would rather live in a fictious world because he's haunted by what his wife did to his children and what he did to his wife.
Wheeler: a working class man who breaks a promise to his unhappy wife that drives her to perform an abortion on herself andf in the process pretty much killing herself....

I m not going to go on with this but his choices in movies are really one note. There isn't much depth, versatility or range... he pretty much plays the tragic hero in 8 of the ten movies you named.

The only thing those three characters have in common is that they all have a wife, and maybe that they all ____ed up somehow. The first two have some similarities but not enough to write home about. Even if Leo is being type cast... its not the first time its even happened in Hollywood.

Leo can't be type cast, he's got to much clout these days. He can pretty much do what he wants at this point. Directors may have him in mind when projects start but at the end of the day Leo makes the call.

Leo can't be type cast, he's got to much clout these days. He can pretty much do what he wants at this point. Directors may have him in mind when projects start but at the end of the day Leo makes the call.

:goodpost::goodpost:

I'd like to see Dicaprio and Bale square off.

In not so many words he has said that Comic Book/Sci Fi movies are beneath him and do not challenge him acting wise."

Where'd you read that? Leo's father was a comic book artist, so I'm sure he has some fondness for the medium. He's also been trying to produce Akira for years now which is both sci fi and comic (manga).

Entertainment Weekly carried the story I believe or one of those entertainment mags, where they asked him about Anakin Skywalker and Peter Parker and Robin and all the other roles he was offered. Back then he said he wasn't interested. He blantantly said that the roles had no challenge acting wise. Recently he backed up those statements and admitted as the films are getting better he would consider it:

You never know. You never know. They’re getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven’t yet. But no, I don’t rule out anything.

As for his father, fondness for Comic Books and/or artists does not translate to fondness for the Comic Book medium to which arguably has different ranges for being considered a legit film genre that wasn't overly campy and everyone knows that most Manga fans do not lump Manga in the same category as Comic Books just like they don't lump Cartoons in with Anime.

I would say that if you were going to have a complex movie from a Manga that would need a character to have an excellent range that would be Akira and the fact that he is going for something like that instead of taking an established role and making it his own could be argued that he doesn't really see the US Comic Book film genre as nothing more than popcorn movies.

With every year that the genre exists, the films do get better and more complex and eventually we might have a DiCaprio film but I have a feeling that its still a while away but who knows.

Mr.Freeze? You know, to go with the whole wife drama thing ;P

But I think he could make for a nice Black Mask.

For riddler, I still say Micheal C Hall.

Just Cast Riddler as Robin Williams, I mean we have all seen that this guy wants it, and Nolan usually casts ppl he has worked with in the past. And before anyone says no, Riddler's story is about a man who has been stepped on by everyone and has an ego the size of Texas. He loves to toy with his opponent without resorting to violence and always leaves clues to his crime. I think Williams can play this role and has films where he plays this type of character. Anyone agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back