The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Nolan Batman as the "Chosen One" who needed to bring the city of Gotham back into "balance."

So common criminals and corruption = The Death Star in ANH
Too big for normal citizens to deal with so Batman had to blow it up

But that drew the attention of Vader and the Emperor (ie The Joker and his kind), much WORSE threats than the Death Star.

He had to leave Gotham for the same reason Luke had to leave his friends on Endor. "He was endangering the mission" because his presence attracted greater evil like a beacon. But in Gotham putting down Vader and the Emperor isn't the end.

1240265992468.jpg

I dunno. I don't see what the really movie killing problem is. There's issues, but I never had that "WHAT THE FFFFFF" moment that a lot of you guys are having.

Then again, I can't say you're wrong either.

Oh, Khev always has to bring out the SW analogies from out of nowhere. :lol

It's just like his thing. Don't sweat it. :duff
Hey, what's wrong with Star Wars analogies? xD

Better than Star Trek... at least we wouldn't have to get into the Time Space Continuum or why Captain Kirk is better than Captain Picard and vice versa, lol. :thud:

Oh I don't think it's that, either. The film just simply may not be as strong as TDK and therefore the post-release buzz and word of mouth is not quite there. I've come across several "mainstream" moviegoers who liked it but were lukewarm overall and didn't like it as much as TDK.

Alot of the money did come from the hype of Ledger's Joker (not saying the movie wasn't good)

Plus, it functions as a sequel to a popcultural phenomenon, it's not a phenomenon itself.
Also there's the issue of runtime. The movie is almost three hours long.
Casual audiences are not as willing to take repeated viewings of such a long film.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but the longer runtime might actually affect the number of times, a theater can show the movie in one day.

Personly I am quite suprised of how much attention the whole box-office results are generating.
Who gives a ____ how many times the movie is seen.
It's not a mark of the movie quality. Millions went to see Transformers 3. Not to mention the Twilight saga.

BTW, has anyone brought this up yet?...

After Gordon is shot and escapes the sewer and Blake finds him, Blake goes to Bruce, etc. He says that Gordon was "babbling about... some masked man called Bane." How did Gordon know Bane's name?? It wasn't once uttered by anyone when he was captured and down there. And he was barely concious anyway. Is this another script shortcut/flub, or was there likely some stuff cut from that sequence (though I can't imagine what it could be)?

The world doesn't hate Transformers :lol most people just acknowledge they weren't very...story driven movies, they were, however, fun. Which for a lot of people is just what they want, and I see no problem with that.

No, they're pieces of ____. But I just find it funny that everyone says how horrible they are, yet pay money to see them, and surprised how bad they are. :lol

It's like Twilight. :lol

BTW, has anyone brought this up yet?...

After Gordon is shot and escapes the sewer and Blake finds him, Blake goes to Bruce, etc. He says that Gordon was "babbling about... some masked man called Bane." How did Gordon know Bane's name?? It wasn't once uttered by anyone when he was captured and down there. And he was barely concious anyway. Is this another script shortcut/flub, or was there likely some stuff cut from that sequence (though I can't imagine what it could be)?

It's possible that Bane is recognized in the INTERPOL, he is a terrorist, after all. So...maybe Gordon was doing research? I don't know why :lol Alfred seemed to be able to pull up Bane's info easy enough, so why not a Commisioner?

Michael Bay said TF3 would be a more intimate, and less explosion filled sequel...........:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back