The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being born in the darkness could very well mean, and likely does, (though you can't be certain) he was born in the pit. It could also mean he was born in a room and someone forgot to turn the lights on. One is more likely than the other but no one can say for certain. Neither take away from the story or the character though. The twist just reframed the myth the audience had only assumed from 2nd hand knowledge from the likes of Alfred and the prison dr. It revealed that Talia was the child and revealed that there was more to Bane than just the devil.

This is where you fill in the blank. Since all we know from the script is that Talia had a protector down in the pit and Bane saying he was born in the darkness as well as Alfred digging up Banes origins "he comes from" the pit we are offered no other explanation of Banes origin. It's the script. Just pointing out the script.

You mean a Webb. As he did it more.

QFT. :exactly: The "Raimi" remark is redundant now since Garfield spent more time unmasked.

Fact is, Bane was a Pedophile... All of you guys with that Bane signature ewwwwwww...:monkey4

:slap:rotfl

Nam yes there is. Bane says himself "Oh so you think darkness is your ally. You merly adopted the darkness. I was born in it." Bingo there's your liner right there. Before this scene we find out from Alfred Bane comes from the pit. The audience is led only by this info. Sure there's a gap. You could ask yourself what did Bane do to become a prisoner down there? So he must have been born elsewhere commited a crime to be thrown in the pit but just from script again this is not opinion Alfred digs up info Bane comes from the pit. And Bane tells us later he was born in the darkness.

"DING! FWIETH WEADY!"
carlos-mencia-1.jpg

That could mean anything. Darkness of mind, surrounded by evil, born in a town without a power grid, crapped out in a port-a-potty by a mother who didn't know she was pregnant. YOU, Safara, chose to decipher that as Bane being born in the prison. It's an assumption, not a fact. However obvious you might think your assumption might be, it still doesn't make it fact.

You know guys, Bane loves Talia for a totally different reason. It was stated clearly that the child in the prison is a symbol of hope and good and Bane wanted to protect it. To Bane it is what makes him want to continue living and worth dying to protect.

Funny how over in the states, loving someone means sex must get into the equation.

I don't think anyone with more than two brain cells actually believe this. Someone said it, and a handicapped Canadian perpetuated it to troll. I think most people saw the relationship like that of Leon and Matilda's in the Professional.

Nolan wanted to surprise us with talia being the child in the Pit,well in the meantime he just killed the mystic and the badassery of Bane, ultimately making an average Crime movie failing even more by rending its main Antagonist a Simple lackey.

If Bane was born in the pit how did he get that dandy English accent? :dunno

The prisoners in the pit appeared to be of varied ethnicities, so his accent (which is not purely English, it has a tinge of Russian or eastern European to it, to my ear at least), is also a mix, which makes sense as he would have picked up his English from whomever he interacted with growing up in the prison

jean-paul beat bane after bruce was injured. that's why he was chosen & not ____ grayson.

Jean-Paul was chosen before he defeated Bane and was given orders not to confront Bane. Grayson wasn't considered because Bruce felt he was "his own man".

:lol this is not explained therefore I nor can the script offer you any explanation on this. If you want chalk it up as one of the loose ends in this movie. :lol

See my post above.

Everything doesn't need to be spoon-fed to the audience.

To chalk something up as a plot hole just because it's not explicitly explained is ridiculous IMO. :lol We all have brains and imaginations

We never find out what Bane sounds like with the mask off. Perhaps Banes vocals were destroyed when he was beat to hell. The mask the doctor applied not only allowed Bane to breathe easy it also allowed him to speak? The mask doubles as a voice box with a generic sounding voice?

See my post above.

Everything doesn't need to be spoon-fed to the audience.

To chalk something up as a plot hole just because it's not explicitly explained is ridiculous IMO. :lol We all have brains and imaginations

A loose end is where oneself is allowed to use their own imagination. :duh

They inserted the English Accent into his voice changer.

He can also do Sultry Transylvaniain, and Sexy Latino.

QFT. :exactly: The "Raimi" remark is redundant now since Garfield spent more time unmasked.

:slap:rotfl

"DING! FWIETH WEADY!"
carlos-mencia-1.jpg

That could mean anything. Darkness of mind, surrounded by evil, born in a town without a power grid, crapped out in a port-a-potty by a mother who didn't know she was pregnant. YOU, Safara, chose to decipher that as Bane being born in the prison. It's an assumption, not a fact. However obvious you might think your assumption might be, it still doesn't make it fact.

But...but it's in the SCRIPT! :rotfl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back