The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the movie for the second time tonight and I loved it even more than the first. I think I was way too tired after the marathon to really appreciate this new one. So much better this time around!!

So do people think Selina and Bruce are married? Alfred said he had hoped in his vision to see Bruce with his wife (and some kids)

God, that ending was perfect!!

The ending was a little bit too sweet for my taste, but the gals I was with loved it and were glad Bruce and Selina seemed happy at least. Glad I reminded them to bring their tissues. LoL

:lol yeah. I suspected something when I saw the scar on her back, but I never expected what was coming.

Sadly I saw that from miles away since it was rumoured here since day one on who she really is. At the on set pictures of her standing on the tumbler is not exactly helping.

I saw the movie for the second time tonight and I loved it even more than the first. I think I was way too tired after the marathon to really appreciate this new one. So much better this time around!!

So do people think Selina and Bruce are married? Alfred said he had hoped in his vision to see Bruce with his wife (and some kids)

God, that ending was perfect!!

Totally agree. I was too tired at the midnight showing and really enjoyed it a lot more at my second view at the IMax show. Great movie.

What was the mark on Talia's back?

I knew who she was the whole time, just didn't think that she was ever in the pit. There was a lot going on in the movie my brain must've got scrambled a bit when I wasn't looking. :monkey1

The ending was a little bit too sweet for my taste, but the gals I was with loved it

Yeah, the ending was definitely skewed towards the female chickflick demographic.

Batman retires to Italy and becomes a family man? :monkey1
I'm surprised more diehard batfans aren't complaining about what an ordinary cliche Nolan's Bruce Wayne turns out to be.

If they had an escape plan why not escape and blow up the City. Why wait the five months? Or if you are going to go down with the city, why not just blow it up? If it's because they want to give the city hope then that is a weak reason. What was their escape plan?? All the bridges were out. If you leave by air you would be shot down.

Bane planned on getting out somehow because he was going to come back and kill Bruce in the prison.

Any answers for all that?

You'll be waiting a while for an explanation, but good question! :wink1:

Someone didn't pay attention to the movie.................:slap

It certainly wasn't me.

Yes, I understood the little kid/Talia plot twist; But Bane himself referenced being "born into darkness," never seeing the light until he "was a man", and how the prison was "his." Talia really didn't spend most of her life in the prison since she escaped when she was a child. Bane didn't get out until the LoS rescued him, presumably spending his entire life there up until that point.

It certainly wasn't me.

Yes, I understood the little kid/Talia plot twist; But Bane himself referenced being "born into darkness," never seeing the light until he "was a man", and how the prison was "his." Talia really didn't spend most of her life in the prison since she escaped when she was a child. Bane didn't get out until the LoS rescued him, presumably spending his entire life there up until that point.

That's right, he did explain all of that when fighting Batman in the dark, his explaination for having good night vision and no fear of the dark, I forgot all about that. I was enjoying the spectacle of the fight too much. I need to see this again to get all the little details straight in my mind.

It certainly wasn't me.

Damn, outsmarted again:gah:Unless it was just a metaphor, and he was put into that prison later in life. Need to see this again

I could see Bane looking after Talia, relating to her because of similar childhoods.

I actually really liked that development, Bane being her protector and all.

me too...great writing in my opinion...im glad that i didnt sit there the whole time wishing Ledger was in it....Hardy and Hathaway did an excellent job.

I gotta be honest, the ending killed it for me. Batman faking his death so he can have a normal life showed a lack of understanding of the character. Bruce Wayne needs to be Batman, he can't stop, and doesn't want to. Even with Alfred leaving and the rest of his world falling apart, he can't give up being Batman. It's like an addiction. Which is also why I don't get Rachel's death and Harvey Dent making him stop for 8 years.

This is one of the best ending I have seen in my whole life.
With so much love for the Bruce Wayne character, why can't he deserve to finally move on and be happy?
You're right about the addict metaphor, it's also how I viewed his need to be batman. But just like a lot of addict who wants to quit, I've always felt Bruce wanted to quit but his addiction for his need to be this monster to release the pain, woulnt let him. That's why he was hoping Harvey could be the white knight and save Gotham so Bruce can quit being batman and be with Rachel.

But it was great to finally see this character, out of the many years that he has been around to finally see him get the happiness he deserve and is finally at peace and be happy with The woman he loves.
And the best thing is legend of batman is not dead and will carry on with Blake.
I seriously got chills at the ending and was getting teary eyed when Alfred saw Bruce at the end.

The first bout with bane and batman was a little uneasy to watch.... I have never seen bats get punished so badly....the scene was very cringe worthy.....well done to nolan....i felt very sympathetic for bane especially when he shed a tear.....he is a real movie monster but with a misunderstood purpose.....btw great batpod mat black ass shots wit selina.....the only thing that was left unexplained is what ever happened to those prisoners after bruce escaped?

I think he meant the prisoners in Santa Prisca (or whatever it is considered in the movie), since he dropped the rope for them to get out.

Awwww... maybe some of them shimmied up that rope he dropped down, before he hoofed it back to Gotham. Seemed like that place as been there for centuries, so many people should have known about it. Providing the prisoners food and water??? :dunno

Im pretty sure when bruce escaped to the top the elderly prisoner was probably lOoking up and said "u better come back for us _____ker" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back