The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
--and it is from:

2003 - 2005

Things that suddenly fit if we accept this, and assume that TDK takes place in 2008:

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham City, has his first night out, begins prowling as the Batman.

2003 - Jimmy is a two year-old infant when Batman visits Gordon at home.

2005 - Batman defeats Ra's Al Ghul on the train. Remember this is on the SAME NIGHT that he has his 30th birthday party.

2005 - 2008 - Offscreen, Batman wages war on crime, working his way up to the big fish of the mob. Assuming this is true conveniently explains several things:

- (1) Like SnakeDoc suggests, it is not until a year before TDK that he is finally having an impact that is really hurting them and making them take notice.

- (2) All during this time, while Batman is building his reputation, Joker commits random crimes and builds up his own legend among criminals. This is where we get the "So why do they call him the Joker?" "I heard he wears makeup..to scare people...y'know, war paint" lines. It makes sense that it takes a while to build up that kind of rumormill/reputation. It also explains the "Two-bit wack job, cheap purple suit" line from Maroni and the "Him again" line from Batman. Joker wasn't wearing the purple suit during the bank robbery, so Maroni must have seen/heard of him before. Like Batman, dispite his crimes, he views him as just a minor nuisance to be dealth with later.

- (3) Guestimating this three-year gap between the films also neatly explains the line in The Dark Knight Manual that he was wearing the Original Suit for 5 years---he was---from 2003 to 2008.

- (4) Finally, this 3 year gap ages little Jimmy almost perfectly. If he is two years-old in 2003, then he is seven in 2008. It doesn't take much stretching in either direction to make him an 8 year-old, or to even just assume he is supposed to be seven in that film.

The Dark Knight Rises is eight years later.

2016 Now I know the Gotham Civil War poster contradicts this, with the date of the exhibit ending in 2014. But this is the only really hard-set date we know of (as of now anyway), and it's not really clear if it even appears noticeably on-screen or if a hard-set date of 2014 appears in the final film on screen, so I'm willing to overlook it. Also, I realize this is just an excuse, but that poster could be an "old" ad that was never taken down, or pasted over with something else newer that is peeling off. It certainly doesn't look like it's supposed to be in new condition. Just sayin'.

Working backward from the above dates, we can make the milestones in Bruce's life fit too.

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham. Based on the above that he turns 30 in 2005, he turns 28 in 2003. Since we know he was away for seven years, he dropped out of Princeton at 21 (or 20, depending on his birthday) as an undergrad in his senior year, just shy of graduation.

Working farther back and using the casefile of the Wayne murders in The Dark Knight Manual

November 8, 1983 - The Waynes are gunned down. Bruce is 10 or 11 years old (again, depending on his birthday)

1972 or 1973 - Bruce Wayne is born.

Very good investigating. I couldn't tell if the date of Falcone's takedown. I whipped out the Blu-Ray, and it said July 21, 200-; I couldn't tell the year, it could have been 2003, 2005, or 2006. Though I don't think there is two year process of the movie, because the shipment is stated to be the last, and Batman gets gassed looking into it; when he wakes up, it is his birthday. Plus the overall feel of the movie is that it occurs only a two weeks or so after he first dons the cowl.

Bonus: Rutger Hauer stated that the Waynes had been dead for 20 years... 1983, but that just supports your set up of 2003 anyway. Though you said his birthday would be in '73, making him thirty in 2003.

I didn't get any homophobic vibes from inspectorspacewhatevers posts. I think you and Zsasz are overreacting there a bit Star Puffs.

Judging by the vigor of your posts on such a throwaway statement, I'd say the issue at hand is a personal one, no? Do you experience this lifestyle in your life in someway?

Tell me more.

The homophobia in his statements is obvious. He explicitly said Bane is hard to take serious if he bisexual and compard it to "RuPaul" playing Batman. That is ugly and absurd. Then he described himself as "angry" at homosexuals.

The fact you start questioning me and referring to personal sexuality as a "lifestyle" more or less tells me your views are not that dissimilar to his.

Overreacting much? You went through my posts looking for something about rooted hair to psycho analyze me? I BUY FIGURES OF GIRLS BRO.

No I found that by random chance in less than a minute. Maybe something in the universe doesn't like a bigoted _______ like you and led me to stinging proof of your insecurity.

I am not a "BRO" you clown. But homophobes tend to be male chauvinist, so no surprise there.

The Dark Knight takes place in 2008.

groden2.jpg

groden.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises takes place in 2013-2014 (During the times that the Gotham Civil War exhibit is open)

6317437928_431c601b13_z.jpg

Don't try and figure it out, none of it makes sense. The three films don't match up. They don't go together because they were shot at different times with different goals in mind. The only reoccurring element in all three film's is Bruce Wayne's journey, i.e. his characterization and arc.

Other than that, the worlds of Begins, TDK, and TDKR don't connect. TDKR even goes as far as retconning certain elements of the movie to make it add up.

The biggest problem is Jimmy Gordon. He's an infant in Batman Begins but is suddenly an 8 year old kid in TDK which takes place a year later.

What parts are reconnect in TDKR?

The homophobia in his statements is obvious. He explicitly said Bane is hard to take serious if he bisexual and compard it to "RuPaul" playing Batman. That is ugly and absurd. Then he described himself as "angry" at homosexuals.

The fact you start questioning me and referring to personal sexuality as a "lifestyle" more or less tells me your views are not that dissimilar to his.

He was quoting Bruce Wayne, it was a joke. "I'm not afraid, I'm angry". Maybe he doesn't like gays? I don't know. If he does, he's not a homophobic individual then is he? I loled at his post. Hardy's comments are quite effeminate, he doesn't see himself as masculine. It's ironic because Bane calls for this masculinity, that's the character.

The fact that you made such a big deal about some stupid (but lolzy) posts tells me you take the subject at hand by heart. I really don't think the inspector meant any harm.

Take a chill pill. We're all friends here talking about Batman.

:chillpill:

Dude, that's kind of what I'm saying, but I disagree that none of it makes sense:

But, like I also said, despite this:

On some level you think so too, because you're playing.

Maybe there is a solution to that problem...

You have a point here. This doesn't really contradict The Dark Knight taking place in 2008 as the on-screen evidence from DiFabio shows.

Bear with me a sec: Maybe Batman Begins from his first night out to defeating Ra's does actually take place over a couple years, as Zach suggested:

--and it is from:

2003 - 2005

Things that suddenly fit if we accept this, and assume that TDK takes place in 2008:

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham City, has his first night out, begins prowling as the Batman.

2003 - Jimmy is a two year-old infant when Batman visits Gordon at home.

2005 - Batman defeats Ra's Al Ghul on the train. Remember this is on the SAME NIGHT that he has his 30th birthday party.

2005 - 2008 - Offscreen, Batman wages war on crime, working his way up to the big fish of the mob. Assuming this is true conveniently explains several things:

- (1) Like SnakeDoc suggests, it is not until a year before TDK that he is finally having an impact that is really hurting them and making them take notice.

- (2) All during this time, while Batman is building his reputation, Joker commits random crimes and builds up his own legend among criminals. This is where we get the "So why do they call him the Joker?" "I heard he wears makeup..to scare people...y'know, war paint" lines. It makes sense that it takes a while to build up that kind of rumormill/reputation. It also explains the "Two-bit wack job, cheap purple suit" line from Maroni and the "Him again" line from Batman. Joker wasn't wearing the purple suit during the bank robbery, so Maroni must have seen/heard of him before. Like Batman, dispite his crimes, he views him as just a minor nuisance to be dealth with later.

- (3) Guestimating this three-year gap between the films also neatly explains the line in The Dark Knight Manual that he was wearing the Original Suit for 5 years---he was---from 2003 to 2008.

- (4) Finally, this 3 year gap ages little Jimmy almost perfectly. If he is two years-old in 2003, then he is seven in 2008. It doesn't take much stretching in either direction to make him an 8 year-old, or to even just assume he is supposed to be seven in that film.

The Dark Knight Rises is eight years later.

2016 Now I know the Gotham Civil War poster contradicts this, with the date of the exhibit ending in 2014. But this is the only really hard-set date we know of (as of now anyway), and it's not really clear if it even appears noticeably on-screen or if a hard-set date of 2014 appears in the final film on screen, so I'm willing to overlook it. Also, I realize this is just an excuse, but that poster could be an "old" ad that was never taken down, or pasted over with something else newer that is peeling off. It certainly doesn't look like it's supposed to be in new condition. Just sayin'.

Working backward from the above dates, we can make the milestones in Bruce's life fit too.

2003 - Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham. Based on the above that he turns 30 in 2005, he turns 28 in 2003. Since we know he was away for seven years, he dropped out of Princeton at 21 (or 20, depending on his birthday) as an undergrad in his senior year, just shy of graduation.

Working farther back and using the casefile of the Wayne murders in The Dark Knight Manual

November 8, 1983 - The Waynes are gunned down. Bruce is 10 or 11 years old (again, depending on his birthday)

1972 or 1973 - Bruce Wayne is born.

Henceforth this is my official TDK Trilogy timeline

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm up to three times already. :lol

Twice in IMAX. The only way to see it. But i'm good for a while.

Very good investigating. I couldn't tell if the date of Falcone's takedown. I whipped out the Blu-Ray, and it said July 21, 200-; I couldn't tell the year, it could have been 2003, 2005, or 2006. Though I don't think there is two year process of the movie, because the shipment is stated to be the last, and Batman gets gassed looking into it; when he wakes up, it is his birthday. Plus the overall feel of the movie is that it occurs only a two weeks or so after he first dons the cowl.

Bonus: Rutger Hauer stated that the Waynes had been dead for 20 years... 1983, but that just supports your set up of 2003 anyway. Though you said his birthday would be in '73, making him thirty in 2003.

Thanks for the careful read of my wall of text :hi5:...You're right, a 1972 or 73 birthday doesn't mesh with him celebrating his 30th in 2005...d'oh! Time for another revision.

He was born in 1975.

His parents were still killed in 1983, making him 8 years-old instead of 10 or 11 as I previously suggested. (interestingly this is more in line with the comics version)

He drops out of Princeton in 1996 at age 21.

He returns to Gotham seven years later in 2003 at age 28.

He celebrates his 30th birthday in 2005. (You'll notice this revised timeline is still assuming BB takes place over a couple of years)

Rutger Hauer's mention that the Wayne's were killed 20 years ago still fits.

It's all good DM. :hi5:

I read everything. :lol

Nice! Thanks! :hi5:

Difabio is right. About everything. I'm sorry cocopuffs. I dont want to hurt your feelings or anything. In this crazy world all that makes sense is talking about batman with your pals and collecting figures.

Regardless....you said something that was very insensitive and offensive. Argue what you will...doesn't change that fact.

Reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back