The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toonces the driving cat has too much of a shady past for Batman

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBrKQCVRd8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBrKQCVRd8[/ame]

So it's been over a year now since this came out. I watched it today just too see how I felt about it and I gotta say, I don't really like it at all anymore.

I'm not sure if I felt like I had to love it or what, but I find it pretty much unwatchable now. I let a lot slide the first couple times I saw it. It's dead to me now, like Rocky V.

Pretty much how I felt the first time I saw it. It's a loud, incoherent mess, compared to the first two. Usually with a movie from a favoured franchise, I'll at least have a desire to see certain parts again, even if overall I disliked it. Not so with this one. I'd put this up with Godfather III in that I'm more than comfortable pretending it never existed.

Strange (or maybe not so much).

I just finished watching this for the fifth time, and like every other time, it was better than the last.

I wonder what it is that separates fans from those who aren't. (And please don't say taste; wouldn't want to let everyone know exactly how clever and witty you can be).

I gotta agree with the folks that are over it now.

I saw it in the cinema with a friend, & wasn't wowed by it. That said - I went away thinking, gotta see it once more to be sure how I feel about it. I then waited till it was in the stores a few months later, then bought it.

That was ideal really, because I had time to reflect a little & it was almost like watching it again for the first time. The second time I watched it at home - & I actually fell asleep through it about 40mins in.

I wouldn't say I hate it.. but I'm reluctant to watch it right through again - at least for the next little while. One thing that jumped out at me though in the cinema, was how ridiculous Thalia's death scene was - it was ****ing DUMB! :lol

Anyway..

My appreciation for TKDR hasn't wavered one bit either. There are a couple things here and there that I wish were done differently but overall it's still my favorite of the trilogy and one of the best superhero films ever made.

Strange (or maybe not so much).

I just finished watching this for the fifth time, and like every other time, it was better than the last.

I wonder what it is that separates fans from those who aren't. (And please don't say taste; wouldn't want to let everyone know exactly how clever and witty you can be).

A Batman Or Else checklist.

I'd agree with what Wofford said.

People have an image and idea burned into their mind of what Batman should be. Because it didn't quite match up enough, they rejected it.

I'd agree with what Wofford said.

People have an image and idea burned into their mind of what Batman should be. Because it didn't quite match up enough, they rejected it.

I don't think people are wrong for imagining a batman movie with batman in it? Jokes btw. But it was more like cool political movie than a superhero movie

What better subject matter for a realistic superhero? Real people don't need saving from alien invasions. The criminally insane and the politically insane are the people who ruin history. A true hero is someone who stops them.

A Batman Or Else checklist.

:google

Where did you come from?

The most passionate criticisms have amounted to something along these lines. The lukewarm rejections...who knows. Myself, I can't think of a better way to tell the man's story with an actual ending.

The film wasn't all that for me when I saw it during the trilogy screening. For me it was the worst of the three films and far off of how awesome TDK was. I still haven't bought it on Blu-Ray and I don't know if I will. I might if I could get it for $5-10 but otherwise I don't mind not having it. All that being said I think its cool that some really love it.

I hated the movie when I unfortunately sat through it twice at the movies and I refuse to sit through it again. No, I lie.. if it's on TV I might watch it if there's nothing else on, and to poke fun of it, of course. :lol

This is an old post, but I'm just seeing it now:

Well, lets not confuse being open-minded with liking everything. Just because it's Batman doesn't mean I'll be into it automatically.

I like most interpretations of Batman, especially on film. I love the Nolan/Bale Batman, up till TDKR. Like Celtic said, it's been said again and again and again. We know how everyone in here feels about it at this point, there are no surprises. There shouldn't be any confusion where we all stand when it comes to this thing. No more "I don't get why so and so doesn't LOVE this" or, "this movie sucks, I don't get why people like it". They just do or don't at this point. The explanations for both have been said repeatedly.

It's done, put a fork in it.

Maybe one day, I'll come back to it and see it in a different light, or maybe hate it more. I used to think Batman Returns sucked, too much of Burton in there (like TDKR is too much Nolan), too dark, too depressing, too gross. I just didn't like it. A few years later though, I revisited it and thought it was great. Now I've seen TDKR enough times to know I don't like it, but in the future? Who knows. Maybe one day, you'll watch it and be like "man, what did I see in this", especially if a newer, better interpretation comes around. Maybe I'll see it and be like, "maybe I was a little too harsh".

It shouldn't confuse or sadden you batfan, it's not like this movie is your kid brother or something that people are picking on. It's just a movie.

:goodpost:

That post made me happy. :)

My appreciation for TKDR hasn't wavered one bit either. There are a couple things here and there that I wish were done differently but overall it's still my favorite of the trilogy and one of the best superhero films ever made.

Agreed on all points.

Here's my summation of the trilogy:

Begins is the best representation of a comic book world.
TDK is the best movie on its own merits.
TDKR is my personal favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back