The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, the last sentence made me laugh. :lol nicely put. I still can't figure out how I feel totally about TDKR. There are some aspects I really love and some I really don't like. But either way, compared to the first two movies, it definitely disappointed.

I agree though, Batman Begins is the most "Batman" of the three. I really wish they'd kept some of the feel of that film for TDK. Batman Begins felt like Gotham, TDK felt like a generic big city.

I actually feel the opposite.
Batman Begins Gotham feels too much like a city form a videogame.
It doesn't look real. Specially the last part of the movie, makes it almost feel like you were watching a city from a videogame cut scene. Is not that realistic, which can be cool, but in this case for me it was distracting since this Batman was more grounded in reality.

I actually feel the opposite.
Batman Begins Gotham feels too much like a city form a videogame.
It doesn't look real. Specially the last part of the movie, makes it almost feel like you were watching a city from a videogame cut scene. Is not that realistic, which can be cool, but in this case for me it was distracting since this Batman was more grounded in reality.

That's cool, each to their own. I get that a lot of people like the fact that TDK felt like a real city, I guess because it is; Chicago. :lol But I just prefer the look and feel of Begins, the grimy streets of the narrows, the constant rain, the whole thing just felt like Gotham. One of the first (and maybe only) things that bothered me from the first time I watched TDK was that it didn't feel like it was the same place from the first film.

I play guitar, too, and have a few of my own laying around. We could have a duel! Not a guitar duel, but like a sword duel with guitars. With a Hans Zimmer "braaaaamph!" soundtrack. :lecture

Guitar duel sounds better to me. Not playing sword sword with my guitar necks :lol :lol :lol

:lol a friend of mine used to play in a local band and they had a song about war I think, and there was a middle section where they would lift their guitars and use them as rifles, shooting at each other while the drums and bass rocked out. It was...cringe worthy to watch. :lol

That's cool, each to their own. I get that a lot of people like the fact that TDK felt like a real city, I guess because it is; Chicago. :lol But I just prefer the look and feel of Begins, the grimy streets of the narrows, the constant rain, the whole thing just felt like Gotham. One of the first (and maybe only) things that bothered me from the first time I watched TDK was that it didn't feel like it was the same place from the first film.

I'm with you. The narrows could never exist in the universe of TDKR. I don't even think TDKR batman could have even won in BB's plot. He was barely Batman, and I don't mean he didn't wear the suit much.

The Narrows could totally exist because it's the same universe. :wink1:

Bruce Wayne retired Batman for 7 years. Of coarse he was going to be off his game. :slap

The Narrows could totally exist because it's the same universe. :wink1:

Bruce Wayne retired Batman for 7 years. Of coarse he was going to be off his game. :slap

My point is that they went so far off the course that it hardly seemed like the same city at all. Also, I don't mean Wayne was down physically. The base of the character in BB was ignored. Batman stays Batman because he does what others cannot do, or are afraid to do. He makes his hands dirty because he can and others need him. But in TDKR the whole time he's just like "uh this really isn't me anymore." Compare this to the man in BB...I gotta say that's a little more than off his game. That's a different guy. But anyway, I'm starting to lose interest in discussing this movie. BTAS Batman, I wait for you.

TDK is the best film in the trilogy, and one of the best comic book movies ever (even if its director thumbs his nose at the genre).

BB is the best all-around Batman movie. Not as good a film as TDK, but a more pure Batman flick.

TDKR... is better than the Schumacher movies.

100% agreed

Batman's Tumbler Themed Tractor

batman-tumbler-tractor.jpg

The only way next week could get any better is if WB announced the UCE for these movies (and I got my Eastwood figure, but that's a different story:lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back