The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I liked it. I just find it funny how "where is the trigger!?!?!" Is fair game, yet no one mentions "Where are they!?!?!," which, while being from what many consider to be one of the greatest scenes in movie history, is arguably more ridiculous than the former. Bale's voice was more subdued in TDKR; it was right in the middle of BB and TDKR, and no one complains about "where are the rabbits going!?!," so it's clearly not an issue of content.

Well, what is it? Why is that so ridiculous? The content isn't to blame, so it must be the voice. Well, if it's the voice, why is the voice being criticized? The TDK voice was arguably the most outlandish, and yet people are singling out TDKR. What's the deal, folks? I'm desperate to know.

Last edited:
For me, he looks ridiculous saying "where is the trigger".

In TDK, it actually seems like Joker has Batman's balls in a vice in the interrogation scene when he reveals that he has Rachel too. He sounds bad, yeah, but he also sounds desperate and defeated. You can see the look and frustration in his eyes and Joker is just taking it all in and laughing at him as he's huffing and puffing. His teeth are beared and grated and you can tell he's legitimately pissed off.

TDKR though? He just looks and sounds ridiculous. I've said it before, it's like Bale looked at the parodies that were done on youtube and mimicked them. For 4 years people panned the voice and the acting, "cancer Batman voice" and then he comes back and not only still keeps doing it, but comes off even worse? Yeah, Gotham and it's citizens are at risk of being blown to bits, but it's just so over the top and ridiculous. He ceases being Batman somehow in TDKR and just looks silly in the suit and talking. Nearly every scene, from the rooftops with Catwoman to the end of the film.

^^^ Damn, you still hatin' on this movie? Glad I bowed out for a while.

Anyway, I just got done watching Batman Begins. I have a question: How many kids does Gordon have? It looks like his son is a toddler in Begins, which means a significant amount of time passes between then and TDK when his son is a boy.

For me, he looks ridiculous saying "where is the trigger".

In TDK, it actually seems like Joker has Batman's balls in a vice in the interrogation scene when he reveals that he has Rachel too. He sounds bad, yeah, but he also sounds desperate and defeated. You can see the look and frustration in his eyes and Joker is just taking it all in and laughing at him as he's huffing and puffing. His teeth are beared and grated and you can tell he's legitimately pissed off.

TDKR though? He just looks and sounds ridiculous. I've said it before, it's like Bale looked at the parodies that were done on youtube and mimicked them. For 4 years people panned the voice and the acting, "cancer Batman voice" and then he comes back and not only still keeps doing it, but comes off even worse? Yeah, Gotham and it's citizens are at risk of being blown to bits, but it's just so over the top and ridiculous. He ceases being Batman somehow in TDKR and just looks silly in the suit and talking. Nearly every scene, from the rooftops with Catwoman to the end of the film.

This post is ridiculous.

If anything he looks more awesome than ever in the suit. Honestly, how are you not just finding things to say for the express purpose of pissing people off?

Nah, I liked it. I just find it funny how "where is the trigger!?!?!"Is fair game, yet no one mentions "Where are they!?!?!," which, while being from what many consider to be one of the greatest scenes in movie history, is arguably more ridiculous than the former. Bale's voice was more subdued in TDKR

Not to mention "Where were the drugs going?!" in Begins.

And I agree, he's most over the top in TDK.

Anyway, I just got done watching Batman Begins. I have a question: How many kids does Gordon have? It looks like his son is a toddler in Begins, which means a significant amount of time passes between then and TDK when his son is a boy.

It's just a continuity error that people have discussed before.

That is his son in Batman Begins. It's just like Batman: Year One. Gordon has a young infant/toddler son. It's little Jimmy Gordon.

The Dark Knight is a little over a year since Batman Begins and Jimmy Gordon is like 8 or 10.

About what, that he doesn't look bad?

That and that he sounded bad. I, personally, didn't find his presence to be any worse than in previous films(though, that's not to say that his presence in previous films was bad).

It's just a continuity error that people have discussed before.

That is his son in Batman Begins. It's just like Batman: Year One. Gordon has a young infant/toddler son. It's little Jimmy Gordon.

The Dark Knight is a little over a year since Batman Begins and Jimmy Gordon is like 8 or 10.

How do you know that it's only a year? Where is this evidence? If anything I think his sons age is evidence that there is significant time between Begins and TDK when BW was Batman.

Prove me wrong.

Nah, I liked it. I just find it funny how "where is the trigger!?!?!" Is fair game, yet no one mentions "Where are they!?!?!," which, while being from what many consider to be one of the greatest scenes in movie history, is arguably more ridiculous than the former. Bale's voice was more subdued in TDKR; it was right in the middle of BB and TDKR, and no one complains about "where are the rabbits going!?!," so it's clearly not an issue of content.

Well, what is it? Why is that so ridiculous? The content isn't to blame, so it must be the voice. Well, if it's the voice, why is the voice being criticized? The TDK voice was arguably the most outlandish, and yet people are singling out TDKR. What's the deal, folks? I'm desperate to know.

I guess because Batman actually says "Where are they" you can understand him saying the words?

Rises he is all like Whhhereeersdatrigeesdsd Wheerresthetriggger

He sounds drunk and like he had marbles inside his cheeks :lol or bread :rotfl:rotfl

How do you know that it's only a year? Where is this evidence. If anything I think his sons age is evidence that there is significant time between Begins and TDK when BW was Batman.

Prove me wrong.

Woah, acting a little *****y for Christmas aren't we? Jeez Maglor. :lol

- The virals for The Dark Knight in 2007-2008 was all about Dent's campaign for District Attorney, after Finch died in Begins. Dent is Finch's successor (Rachel had a thing for DAs). It was months of campaigning and featured the Joker as a bank robber (who is revealed right at the end of Begins). It lead up right after Begins. Hell, it might be less than a year! Maybe even a mere 6 months.

- The newspapers mentioned the Narrows gas scare, Batman apprehending Rossi (Maroni's thug that's on trial). Gotham Tonight also mentions it as a current event.

- Joker says "A year ago, these cops and lawyers wouldn't dare cross any of you . . ."

- Dent mentions how Maroni just stepped up to run the Falcone crime family, Falcone, if you remember lost his mind during Batman Begins

You don't really think it took Batman 3 to 8 years to finally capture Scarecrow do you, or for Gotham to get a new DA, or for the Joker to finally go up in rank from a bank robber to a criminal mastermind? :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_yQ02xwsM[/ame]

Not really, I just watched it, and, to me, he's excited. It's a combination of his past with Bane, the adrenaline of the fight, and the fact that his city's at risk. He's at his wits end, and he's fed up with the ****. He just wants the bad guy to tell him where the trigger is, and the way he says it represents his frustration accurately.

Hi, where've you been? :dunno :lol

The "where's the trigger" is definitely sillier than the TDK voice, but the line in TDK by no means got a free ride. As a matter of fact, dare I say that if it weren't for Bale's "Peanut butter jelly" line from TDK, this arguably wouldn't have been near as funny as it was. :huh

And I just pulled up "Do I look like a Cop" from Begins. No way in hell is that as bad as his performance in TDKR.

You watch Begins, hear his voice, especially when he's talking about "rattling the cages" to Rachel and it's BATMAN. With TDKR it's like Bale, trying to be Batman, like a parody of himself.

That's not just a bias, the difference between Begins and TDKR in terms of Batman performance is like night and day. He's bad in TDK, especially his final exchange with the Joker, but TDKR surpasses it in silliness, not just with "WHERE IZ DA TRIGGER". Anybody that turns a blind eye to it and defends it, despite the countless parodies and posts, is biased.

If that's pure rage and anger, well damn, I'll be. Yelling is all fine and good, but I think we all learned, you don't yell and scream to get what you want. Bale as Batman gets progressively worse as the series continues. Definitely not saying he's the worst or bad, just saying his TDKR Batman is crap.

It's day time. He's trying to be more threatening since he can't exactly hide and scare people. Hell, we saw what happened when he tried that with Bane. That being said, I'd have loved the scene more if it was what nam posted.:lol

It's day time. He's trying to be more threatening since he can't exactly hide and scare people. Hell, we saw what happened when he tried that with Bane. That being said, I'd have loved the scene more if it was what nam posted.:lol

That still makes little sense. Why try to be scary to someone who literally busted your ass and has proven the parlor tricks are ineffective? :lol

As for the Badman vid, yeah, that was 1000x better than what we got. And Badman didn't even quit! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back