The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And to compare Bale to Clooney is a sin. :lol

Not Bruce Wayne of course, Bale is a great Bruce Wayne.

Keep in mind I'm only speaking of TDKR Batman. I think Bale as Batman in TDKR is pretty awful. Like Razzy bad. Compare Clooney Batman in scenes to Bale Batman scenes and at least Clooney has a bat credit card and funny lines.

Atleast he has a bat credit card? If they wouldve gave Bales Batman funny lines and a Bat credit card you wouldve like it more? :lol I really don't understand all the nerd hate for TDKR, and I guess I never will. It wasn't quite as good as the other two, but no way in hell is it as bad as the Schumacher films.

Atleast he has a bat credit card?

Yep, it was never supposed to be serious and the material never took itself seriously. The entire movie was a frigging joke and was meant to sell toys. I guess it sort of succeeded in what it tried to do?

TDKR on the other hand is meant to be a serious take, and yet, Batman is ridiculous in it. Just a silly guy yelling in a rubber suit who can't breath.

That's all I meant. The open mouth, the talking to himself in the absurd, over the top voice. "Dis isn't a carrrrrr", "so that's what that feels like". Batman's a ****ing joke in this one, but in an allegedly "superior" flick that takes itself seriously.

In comparison to Clooney Batman, is Bale as Batman in TDKR any better? Yeah, he doesn't crack puns or jokes every second, but he looks and sounds just as retarded, if not more so. Not comparing films, no way is TDKR anywhere near as bad or lolzy as Batman and Robin. Just saying that Batman sucks in it.

Last edited:
352ro07.gif

[ame="https://youtu.be/e3zJxF-0N3Y"]https://youtu.be/e3zJxF-0N3Y[/ame]

Haha!

I understand why Bale's Batman voice gets lots of negative feedback but, it doesn't bother me too much though, if he had toned it down a little more and had been given clever lines like Conroy's Batman then he could have been the best actor to play both Bruce/Batman.

Bale's Batman vocals in Begins are best out of the three films.

TDKR is still better then Avengers though, i watched TDKR four times now and Avengers just twice and really noticed especially how much Avengers is such a meh overrated movie on the second viewing.

Last edited:
I didn't think he was ridiculous at all. If you're referring to the voice, it was the same (or worse) in previous installments, and he didn't do anything that particularly painted him as a "joke" in my eyes. The only time he screamed was when he was interrogating Bane, and the rest was awesome. For what it's worth, I kind of dig the melodrama that seems to be a weakness to you (and that's okay, as there are different perspectives for different people), but when I hear stuff like "A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know that the world hasn't ended." Well, I eat that **** up, because it sums up Batman for me.

https://youtu.be/e3zJxF-0N3Y

Haha!

I understand why Bale's Batman voice gets lots of negative feedback but, it doesn't bother me too much though, if he had toned it down a little more and had been given clever lines like Conroy's Batman then he could have been the best actor to play both Bruce/Batman.

He actually sounded great in the Batman Begins video game with his voice over work.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxUft9a1s7c[/ame]

"Tell me about the Rabbits."

Atleast he has a bat credit card? If they wouldve gave Bales Batman funny lines and a Bat credit card you wouldve like it more? :lol I really don't understand all the nerd hate for TDKR, and I guess I never will. It wasn't quite as good as the other two, but no way in hell is it as bad as the Schumacher films.

I think what DiFab's trying to say is Clooney's Batman embraced the goofiness. Bale's Batman tried to make that goofiness serious.

And not putting bigger nose holes in the nose of the cowl.

"where's the triggerrrrrr?!?!?"

At least 1/3 of the audience laughed at that at the midnight show I went to.

He actually sounded great in the Batman Begins video game with his voice over work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxUft9a1s7c

"Tell me about the Rabbits."

Did you play that game, DiFabio? I love The Arkham games, and they're in a league of their own, but I've got to disagree when people say they were the first good Batman games. They were the first AAA Batman games, but I think the "good" distinction goes to Begins; I had a lot of fun with that one.

Yeah I played it, I actually liked it quite a bit, especially the different comic costumes.

And I don't think the Arkham games were the first "good" Batman games. The NES Batman 1989 is a fun classic in my opinion and I really enjoyed the beat em up SNES Batman Returns game and the Adventures of Batman and Robin (from BTAS). I know people hate the Batman Forever game, but I really liked that game for the Sega Genesis.

I remember thinking Batman Vengeance had potential, but I was disappointed with the controls and fighting.

Rise of Sun Tzu was a decent brawler, but I never really got to play Vengeance. I remember trying it at a Blockbuster, but having no idea how the controls worked, and I never played it afterwards. I didn't bother with Dark Tomorrow.

Yeah I played it, I actually liked it quite a bit, especially the different comic costumes.

And I don't think the Arkham games were the first "good" Batman games. The NES Batman 1989 is a fun classic in my opinion and I really enjoyed the beat em up SNES Batman Returns game and the Adventures of Batman and Robin (from BTAS). I know people hate the Batman Forever game, but I really liked that game for the Sega Genesis.

I remember thinking Batman Vengeance had potential, but I was disappointed with the controls and fighting.

Yeah, Batman Returns is a fun, albeit rather generic beat em up. I loved The Adventures of Batman and Robin. I could tell you the answers to all the Minotaur questions off the top of my head.

That game is why I was always confused when all the articles about AA referred to it as the first great Batman game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back