The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One afternoon in rush hour traffic I turned green, ran through a city bus and woke up in some ravine half naked. So yeah we could all potentially be superheroes.

Finally saw this today and I don't know if I missed it or if it has been discussed here yet but I didn't see anything in the movie in regards to the discrepancy of the number of people Two Face killed in TDK. I thought Nolan said after TDK that question would be addressed or was I imagining that?

I disagree with this. Blake is too level headed and understanding to become a rogue Batman. In the scene where he shot and killed those two goons, you could tell that he was shocked and disgusted in himself (hence throwing the gun away). And his connection with the orphanage goes to show how much of a good guy he really is.

Plus, anyone can be Batman.

But, the fact remains that Blake was willing to take lives - something that violates Batman's "one rule". Blake seems more of a Red Hood type, to me.

But, the fact remains that Blake was willing to take lives - something that violates Batman's "one rule". Blake seems more of a Red Hood type, to me.

When he kills those two you immediately see the regret in his expression

Then later you see how he's captivated by watching Batman takeout the mercs without any killing

There's a reason those things are shown and it's not to establish him as a red hood type :lol

I think you completely misred the character. He didn't want/mean to kill those 2 guys (even though it was in self-defense) and he immediately showed regret. He even dropped the gun! He was also not accepting of Gordon's rationale for lying to the public re: Dent.

He's a pretty straight-laced guy, actually.

If you think Blake is a "Red Hood type" then I'm not sure you watched the same movie. :lol

:lol. Blake doesn't have Batman's abilities in hand-to-hand combat to have the luxury of using non-lethal methods to incapacitate his enemies. He'll have to rely on firearms to get the job done. Granted, if he does become a vigilante (which seems like the most probable case from the ending), he is going to kill, because that will be his only recourse.

Well, we'll never find out if Robin Blake will be Batman, Robin, Nightwing or Red Robin.

He's given the equipment to become a crime fighter. He'll either continue the legacy of Batman or, create his own which very well could be Robin or Nightwing. He didn't seem as damaged as Bruce and his characterization and idealism reminded me more of Grayson and Tim Drake than it did Wayne. That and the name for me suggests he won't be Batman.

After all, Batman plants the idea in his head and suggests he wear a mask. Not "his mask" or, "his cowl". It's entirely up to Blake. The fact of the matter is he's no longer a cop. His path is most certainly that of a crime fighting vigilante. In the end it doesn't matter.

Perhaps he'll be Robin and later, Batman, just like Grayson from the comics. Maybe he'll train one of those orphans if he sees they have the same will and desire he and Bruce had. Who knows?

The End.

EDIT:

Personally I wouldn't have played the bull____ games and just called him Richard Grayson. Either that or at the end instead of "Robin" being part of his real name, have it be Richard Grayson. Whatever. The fact remains he's a Robin archetype. He's the Nolan universes' Robin.

I can't remember what part of the movie play trailer 3 music?

:lol. Blake doesn't have Batman's abilities in hand-to-hand combat to have the luxury of using non-lethal methods to incapacitate his enemies. He'll have to rely on firearms to get the job done. Granted, if he does become a vigilante (which seems like the most probable case from the ending), he is going to kill, because that will be his only recourse.

Eh. He held is own hand-to-hand a few times in the movie. He also showed good detective instincts. That along with the tech and arsenal makes him capable of starting down the road of being the new Batman.

Thanks for reminding me IJ.

What was Gordon's response to Blake after Blake let him have it.

It was all mumbled by Gary Oldman. :lol

Anyone catch what he said or what his general message/feelings were. :pray:

He sounded angry. :lol

Thanks for reminding me IJ.

What was Gordon's response to Blake after Blake let him have it.

It was all mumbled by Gary Oldman. :lol

Anyone catch what he said or what his general message/feelings were. :pray:

He sounded angry. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmDTZevEBC8[/ame]

Eh. He held is own hand-to-hand a few times in the movie. He also showed good detective instincts. That along with the tech and arsenal makes him capable of starting down the road of being the new Batman.

Maybe. But the sad fact is, that we'll never know how Blake actually turns out. It's too bad that Nolan's finished with Batman after this movie :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back