The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree with you DiFab about Bane not being threatening or scary. (The post jye quoted above) I found him to be both of these in every scene he's in, especially the sewer fight. That part had me feeling genuinely uneasy/ He is the first villain to make me genuinely fear for Batman's safety and this was what was intended for Bane all along, so he succeeded as a villain to me.

But I completely agree with the editing issues you mentioned regarding Gordon and the hospital bed. This stuck out to me too. I had the same problem with the first half hour or so of TDK. How fast everything moves and is cut together. I've always thought it.

I need to see this again, soon.

Sewer Bane sounded like Vader talking to Luke in ESB.

:lol He did, especially "I am the league of shadows!"

I must admit though, I really like bane's voice, it's that silly at times it's good! :lol

I thought he was a top villain. Menacing, overpowering, scary, intelligent.

Pretty sure he breaks it first with his gauntlet blades.

Yeah one of the hits is from the gauntlet blades, I noticed that the second time. He starts breaking the individual pieces with his fists though, unless the gauntlet helped him inflict more damage. Looked to me that the hoses/tubing popped out. I really wanted Batman to rip that damn thing off his face.

Still, it's not like Batman was hitting Bane with bare knuckles. Look at the padding and equivalence of bronze knuckles on Batman's gloves. Those punches, no matter how rusty Bruce may have been, would have some bite behind them. Enough to damage (not beat) Bane during their first encounter.

On a side note, I just love how Batman comes back and beats the living hell out of him. The Bat-voice might be over done and ridiculous but boy did I love, "Tell me where the detonator is then you have my permission to die!"

It's a great mirror to the interrogation scene where he's beating the Joker. Only difference is, Joker laughs at Batman's face as he's getting hit while Bane cries.

Jye and A-dev are like my ____ing brothers separated at birth or something. We're usually always in agreement when it comes to a particular topic. I always find myself thinking like and agreeing with those two freaks.

Nah, I don't agree :lol

:lol He did, especially "I am the league of shadows!"

I must admit though, I really like bane's voice, it's that silly at times it's good! :lol

I thought he was a top villain. Menacing, overpowering, scary, intelligent.

Question,

so Bane wasn't made stronger with his mask like many were thinking before the movie came out, it was just an anesthetic?

This editing problem can easily be solved with a 3.5 hour DVD release, make it so Nolan! :pray:

Yeah one of the hits is from the gauntlet blades, I noticed that the second time. He starts breaking the individual pieces with his fists though, unless the gauntlet helped him inflict more damage. Looked to me that the hoses/tubing popped out. I really wanted Batman to rip that damn thing off his face.

Still, it's not like Batman was hitting Bane with bare knuckles. Look at the padding and equivalence of bronze knuckles on Batman's gloves. Those punches, no matter how rusty Bruce may have been, would have some bite behind them. Enough to damage (not beat) Bane during their first encounter.

On a side note, I just love how Batman comes back and beats the living hell out of him. The Bat-voice might be over done and ridiculous but boy did I love, "Tell me where the detonator is then you have my permission to die!"

It's a great mirror to the interrogation scene where he's beating the Joker. Only difference is, Joker laughs at Batman's face as he's getting hit while Bane cries.

You are a like a bolder chasing Indiana Jones tonight :rotfl

Completely disagree with you DiFab about Bane not being threatening or scary. (The post jye quoted above) I found him to be both of these in every scene he's in, especially the sewer fight. That part had me feeling genuinely uneasy/ He is the first villain to make me genuinely fear for Batman's safety and this was what was intended for Bane all along, so he succeeded as a villain to me.

He was more lolzy than he was intimidating. I never feared for Batman's life. I knew Batman would kick his ass.

Bane is more or less hyped up as this scary, unbeatable foe. Nolan hyped him up as a tour de force of a physical threat and throughout the script you'll notice lines like "you're a big guy" and Alfred's little google search (I know Batman has resources, but how in God's name did they find all that information on a secret society like the LOS?).

Through dialogue, sure, "he's a big guy", "faster and stronger", even Catwoman is "afraid" of him. What about his actions though? The people he kills are small and harmless like Dr. Pavel or that puss, Dagget. I got some lolz out of Bane sitting on that Special Forces soldier's neck, suffocating him.

There's a reason there's so many memes of him out there.

Nah, I don't agree :lol

Question,

so Bane wasn't made stronger with his mask like many were thinking before the movie came out, it was just an anesthetic?

This editing problem can easily be solved with a 3.5 hour DVD release, make it so Nolan! :pray:

Yeah it's an anesthetic to keep the pain at bay. Hence why he gets all weak and cries when batman breaks a couple of the tubes!!

He was more lolzy than he was intimidating. I never feared for Batman's life. I knew Batman would kick his ass.

Bane is more or less hyped up as this scary, unbeatable foe. Nolan hyped him up as a tour de force of a physical threat and throughout the script you'll notice lines like "you're a big guy" and Alfred's little google search (I know Batman has resources, but how in God's name did they find all that information on a secret society like the LOS?).

Through dialogue, sure, "he's a big guy", "faster and stronger", even Catwoman is "afraid" of him. What about his actions though? The people he kills are small and harmless like Dr. Pavel or that puss, Dagget. I got some lolz out of Bane sitting on that Special Forces soldier's neck, suffocating him.

Are you saying void could've played Bane. :lol

DiFabio is just self-justifying his hate for Bane so he can keep his word of not buying the HT figure :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not even in the sewer? That part geniunely had my arse chewing my undies! (SORRY)

Batman throwing everything at him (bombs lol) and not damaging him. The bit that gets me is that spinning punch Bane lands and Batman just drops like a sack of ____. The beginning of the end. Shudder!

Batman never really kicks his ass though! Sure he gets the better of him at the end but that's only because he knows to take out his mask. And if Catwoman never saved the day, we would be getting a 4th mouthplate with our DX12's, A shotgun damaged one!

If you notice, when they first start fighting in the sewer, when Batman is unloading on him i'm sure Bane still has his hands on his vest 'like a boss' I'm sure of it! :lol

Oh that was also lolz when he's sitting there when Ras Al Ghul comes to rescue him.

I would have loved to have seen the damage that the pit prisoners inflicted on him. He was just sitting there in the corner with his face wrapped in bloody cloth. :lol

Also, pretty weird about his age huh? Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate/Talia) is older than Tom Hardy by a few years. Yet, somehow, flash back Bane is an adult when Talia is a kid? That's some strange stuff. Bane doesn't even look old in present day but he should be like Ra's Al Ghul's age or older. Doesn't add up.

The whole theater was quiet as A library after the sewer scene where Bane breaks Batmans mask and body and the screen fades. That happened in every theatre everywhere after that scene. Complete silence. No one liked seeing Batman get whooped like that and EVERYONE feared for Batman including YOU! If you argue you're just lying to yourself and everyone else.

:yess: :yess: :yess:

picture.php

picture.php

Ok, back to Bane hating :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back