The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bettah be sure, vooid

after reading difabio and mikes and irish engrossing posts I must say i cannot see the dark knight rises holding up under such scrutiny when people come back to it in a few years. i forsee great blacklash and vengeance like the phantom menace redlettermedia videos. vooid makes one good point tdkr enhances begins and tdk but not for the reasons he says it does. they'll survive because of tdkrs many flaws

BaneForYouCaptioncopy.jpg

*puts team DiFabio hat on*
Well mainly because the moment Talia sees Wayne back, it surely must be paramount in her mind to communicate this info to Bane so he can ensure Batman doesn't reappear and get in the way of their plan.

She has the opportunity to do this that very day before nightfall, and before the fiery Batsymbol makes an appearance.

So the only logical explanation left (which you included) is that Talia DID tell Bane, but they were both content in the presumption that Wayne is held at the Kangaroo court, and not worried about him because of that.

However, that is also problematic for me because i'd imagine Bane would want to take care of Wayne at the Kangaroo court himself the moment he learns of his return, either that or the moment Wayne escapes, the mercs would surely make it a priority to inform Bane, at least before nightfall.

*puts team void hat back on*
Your explanation makes complete sense. :lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I once defended a couple of the SW prequels with such zeal. Eventually, though, my head descended from the clouds and was able to view them without myopia. I honestly believe this will happen with TDKR for some folks.

(Not saying at all that it's even close to as poopy as the prequels. Relax there :lol)

I once defended a couple of the SW prequels with such zeal. Eventually, though, my head descended from the clouds and was able to view them without myopia. I honestly believe this will happen with TDKR for some folks.

(Not saying at all that it's even close to as poopy as the prequels. Relax there :lol)

That explains a lot. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

But the final statement there is pretty much why I think it will hold up just fine. But time will tell.

Maybe I did go to the bathroom them. I was pretty busy wanting to hurl.

I do recall Alfred saying he's leaving, Bruce saying "You're leaving me?" and then Alfred spouting some half-baked philosophy of why him leaving means he really loves him. Then Bruce says "Goodbye Alfred" and goes to bed. Don't ever recall him saying "Get out" though. And I do remember him expecting Alfred to be there in the morning.

I thought we were pretty clearly watching a groggy individual taking a moment to process that for the first time in 38 years he'll need to answer his own door since he just fired the butler. :cool:

Maybe you're the one who needs to see it again. :lol

You got that right! Hoping to catch it this weekend in IMAX. Got my kevlar vest picked out and everything! :yess:

That explains a lot. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It does! I'm like an ex-smoker who wants to cure current addicts now. :lol

But the final statement there is pretty much why I think it will hold up just fine. But time will tell.

Ultimately, though, it won't be measured against the poop SW prequels, it'll be measured against the first two in ITS trilogy and how it served the whole.

*puts team DiFabio hat on*
Well mainly because the moment Talia sees Wayne back, it surely must be paramount in her mind to communicate this info to Bane so he can ensure Batman doesn't reappear and get in the way of their plan.

She's not been in communication with Bane the entire time though. She's been held with Fox and the rest of the bunch. I don't see how now that Bruce is back she's going to suddenly have a line open. Bane wouldn't have asked for her if they already had that line.

She has the opportunity to do this that very day before nightfall, and before the fiery Batsymbol makes an appearance.

She doesn't have that opportunity. Bruce was escaped already, without her knowing. The trials happen in the evening. After the trials is when Bane asks for her. Unfortunately Bruce is on the loose, and Gordon's already on the ice before they meet again.

So the only logical explanation left (which you included) is that Talia DID tell Bane, but they were both content in the presumption that Wayne is held at the Kangaroo court, and not worried about him because of that.

Whichever way works for you, including if you don't want to believe it. I'm just simply putting two alternate options out there to show that it takes as little effort to think of an answer as it does to concede it's a hole.

When will you get your head out of the clouds for Sucker Punch?

is anyone else surprised about the lack of participation in this debate by Maglor? I was sure he'd be as gungho about this movie as Void and DiFab.

He offers a good post now and then (he loves it).

Photoon2011-03-09at0025.jpg

He's been in a time or two. Otherwise I think he's busy playing with his Batman dolls.

I just remember his constant banter in the Inception thread. Not that I read any of his posts.:lol

Maglor scared me right out of the Inception thread. And I love that movie.
:lol

Photoon2011-03-09at00253.jpg

When will you get your head out of the clouds for Sucker Punch?

My head's never been in the clouds for that one, sir. I've never fully reviewed it or truly engaged in the heated debates because I admittedly have personal and professional conflict of interest. Not even remotely the same. Nice try, though.

So, is the poll up yet who won, Team D or Team V?

I say it's a tie. :horror

Redo :panic:

What's funny is that this thread moved so fast that I think everyone is physically and mentally exhausted from it all. :lol

My head's never been in the clouds for that one, sir. I've never fully reviewed it or truly engaged in the heated debates because I admittedly have personal and professional conflict of interest. Not even remotely the same. Nice try, though.

Well I was going to bring up Watchmen, but we both have our heads in the clouds for that one

I don't think Void just put on the team DiFabio hat, I think he has some of my DNA in his blood. He's got some split personality issues going on there. :horror

Void, my son?

'It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles'
- Sun Tzu. The Art of War.

So, is the poll up yet who won, Team D or Team V?

I say it's a tie. :horror

Redo :panic:

What's funny is that this thread moved so fast that I think everyone is physically and mentally exhausted from it all. :lol

Everything team D has put forth has been refuted by team V. If you accept the answer isn't the issue. The fact that an answer exists can't be denied. Therefore team V wins in a landslide victory.

Well I was going to bring up Watchmen, but we both have our heads in the clouds for that one

Watchmen is similar to Sucker Punch for me as I did do some PR work it as well. But you're right in that it's hard for me not to be biased about it because the original work is one of my favorite things of all time. I still think it's much better than some give it credit for though and probably as good as any film adaptation of Watchmen could be ultimately. I acknowledge it has issues and I'm honestly not bothered that some hate it, because I dig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back