The Dark Knight--Complete Score Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting film scores for over twenty years, but I have no interest in this.

And it's not like I insist on melodic scores only -- I've picked up Varése's re-release of The Matrix last month, and enjoyed it tremendously. No; I've given these Zimmer-Newton Howard scores a lot of my time, really tried to see what they were driving at, and ultimately decided that it wasn't anything that would rock my boat.

I wonder how many people would be interested in this music if it wasn't tied to such a humongous phenomenon. But please don't take this as my raining on your parade...

I love the music for what it is.

Would they be releasing this deluxe set if the film weren't a phenomenon? Not a chance, we'd have the basic release only, like with Begins.

I think pretty much everyone here that gets excited about the score does so for its quality, not the hype.

Actually, they did release a two disc movie score for Batman Begins. One time print only. Really rare.

Seriously??!!! Do you have a link to info about it?

As for this new deluxe TDK score, I really hate the price tag and the recycling of Disc 1, but I don't know...those extra tracks are cues I really missed not having on the original disc.

Decisions, decisions... :banghead

Problem with the bootleg is some of the tracks are ripped from the DVD and have some of the sound FX from the movie over them.

Thanks, Pitu. I bookmarked it for later.

I'm eligible for a $25 Amazon gift card through MyPoints, so I might redeem that. The TDK set will only cost me $20 then, which is much easier to live with.

I wonder how they bootlegged this cause the one I downloaded doesn't have the sound effects or dialogue overlapping the music. Wonder how they separate the dialogue track from the music track.

Well apparently there's multiple bootlegs or the one I got is a home made thing. No dialogue, just some sound FX, like the music when Bruce is fighting Ra's on the train, you hear the train and the explosions.

The one I got has no SFX.....got it off Rapidshare. Will probably do the same with this.

I dont buy CD's....I dont collect them, I just listen. So i'll probably just download this too....50 bucks for another disc is really stupid. The music was great, but not that great.

It's still pricey, but it's a second disc and like an 8"x8" 40 page book, which if it's printed on nice paper would be fairly pricey. Not saying it isn't over priced, but probably not as overpriced as it may seem. I'll know next week when I get it and check it out for myself.

For a one time pressing it makes it more of a collectable than a normal release which is why I can justify it. I love the score on it's own anyway and own a lot of other movie scores (with quite a few by Zimmer already)

Like MaulFan I'm interested in the book, along with some decent pictures of Two-Face.
Thought their "making of/Script Book" cheated the people who bought it by having next to nothing on him. They shouldn't have released it so early on if they were still keeping the design under wraps.

Apparently this will be a one time only pressing to compensate for the rip off price
51-6b97gxyL._SS400_.jpg

:lol That doesn't "compensate" for anything. It's still an insulting ludicrous price no matter how it's spun.

I'll be looking for a torrent without any regret or guilt whatsoever. And I am usually quite anti-pirate.

:lol That doesn't "compensate" for anything. It's still an insulting ludicrous price no matter how it's spun.

I'll be looking for a torrent without any regret or guilt whatsoever. And I am usually quite anti-pirate.

Arg!

But yeah.... :naughty

i'm thinking about getting the soundtrack because the music was bad ass and there's a special edition that comes with cards.

i'm thinking about getting the soundtrack because the music was bad ass and there's a special edition that comes with cards.

The special edition 1 disc set isn't anything special really. I got it, pretty dissappointing contents.

I'd either save a little and get the standard 1 disc set or if you care about quality extras, get the new 2 disc set with the book included.

Back