1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking! Now that is interesting. Had removed the stop blocks on mine and I think mine look even worse so I think you didn't do much wrong here. Wouldn't be surprised if there are more damaged / cracked wheels out there.

Thanks for checking! Now that is interesting. Had removed the stop blocks on mine and I think mine look even worse so I think you didn't do much wrong here. Wouldn't be surprised if there are more damaged / cracked wheels out there.

Luckily for me the cracks are on the inside of the wheel. I do not have any on the outside visible portion of the wheel. From your pic it looks like your cracks are on the outside of the wheel.

Is there a issue with the tires ? I checked mines yesterday it looks like a clear sticky residue is on the tire .

Hi all,

Looking to finally pick one of these up. If anyone has one for sale let me know your price. It would have to be shipped to MN which I'm prepared for the shipping costs.

Thank you in advance.

Well I finally picked up the black Tumbler even though I thought I'll never as I had the camo already.
It looks great but being 2nd hand, there were 2 braking flap posts and 1 antenna broken.
Used 2 Ikea Lack tables to make a shelf for them. (Also picked up a 1989 Batmobile this week. What a week)
IMG_1451.jpg

Well I finally picked up the black Tumbler even though I thought I'll never as I had the camo already.
It looks great but being 2nd hand, there were 2 braking flap posts and 1 antenna broken.
Used 2 Ikea Lack tables to make a shelf for them. (Also picked up a 1989 Batmobile this week. What a week)
View attachment 414903
Congrats on the new additions. Good luck on keeping them dust-free.

Any recommendations for keeping up with the tires? Just found out mine has the cracks on one of its tires. 20180706_172634.jpg20180706_172956.jpg20180706_173009.jpg

Here's the miniature Tumbler used in TDK

Rujyxvb.jpg

iTzyYKl.jpg

It's in 1/3 scale, so I can imagine a 1/4 next to the QS TDKR Batman :thud:

Having the camo Tumbler for a little over a year, along with the Batpod, I've always been on the watch for the black "Batmobile" version and finally struck gold.

Got an amazing deal on the Tumbler but shipping was brutal (coming from Japan.) I'm just hoping that it arrives in one piece.

Depending on how the bare plastic finish looks, I may follow a few previous posters in disassembling it and airbrushing it with a nicer looking matt black finish.

The Batmobile/Tumbler is in the house and after a quick inspection, is in minty fresh condition. (thank goodness!).

Absolutely no place to put it but aside from a Two-Face figure, my "Dark Knight" collection is officially complete.

IMG_0118.jpg

Looking forward to the pics, floreairfoot.

9sdmyu.jpg

The brackets are 20" (they have different lengths) 208 Series Ultimate L-Bracket by Knape and Vogt. They're about $20 for a pair and hold up to 1,200lbs. You'll use wall anchors of course.

For the shelf, I used a piece of black tempered glass, which you can order from multiple places online, or a local glass supplier. I got mine at fabglassandmiorr.com.

I used 6 pieces of Aleene's Instant Tacky Craft Putty to keep the shelf from sliding. There's no need to screw the glass to the brackets. The putty, weight of the glass, and weight of the tumbler keeps everything 100% solidly in place, and it'll be easy to move in the future. I have the same setup for my Batpod/Catwoman.

That looks simple but elegant. I love it.

My only concern would be the obvious dusting required to keep both the Tumbler and the glass shelf looking spotless.

I'll definitely look into it. I wouldn't mind having the Black and Camo Tumblers, along with the Batpod displayed this way.

Thanks for posting the pics!

That looks simple but elegant. I love it.

Thanks! Hope it helped!

You could always have the shelf sized a little larger and get an acrylic or glass dust cover. It’s something you could easily take off when guests are over. I actually considered it myself... but didn’t want to spend the extra $$. Having it mounted higher (it’s about 7ft up) and changing the air filters more frequently has really helped with the dust.

9sdmyu.jpg

The brackets are 20" (they have different lengths) 208 Series Ultimate L-Bracket by Knape and Vogt. They're about $20 for a pair and hold up to 1,200lbs. You'll use wall anchors of course.

For the shelf, I used a piece of black tempered glass, which you can order from multiple places online, or a local glass supplier. I got mine at fabglassandmiorr.com.

I used 6 pieces of Aleene's Instant Tacky Craft Putty to keep the shelf from sliding. There's no need to screw the glass to the brackets. The putty, weight of the glass, and weight of the tumbler keeps everything 100% solidly in place, and it'll be easy to move in the future. I have the same setup for my Batpod/Catwoman.

I quite like how you have the Begins Batman next to it.

I would definitely like to acquire this piece as it would be a spectacle, however space issues and exorbitant aftermarket prices sway me away.

Back