1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Just had a look. They look fantastic very talented

Can anyone tell me how the miniature hydraulic parts attach to the fins at the back of the Tumbler? Do these come off or are they pre-glued in place?

I've purchased but not yet received a Tumbler that has a couple of defective parts - the ones I just mentioned above. They apparently don't line up properly between the fin and the attachment point on the body. I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to fix even if I just cut them off and re-attached them myself. I'll know of course when I receive the Tumbler, but my curiosity is at work right now. ;)

selling one of these for what it cost me plus postage in the UK

Can anyone tell me how the miniature hydraulic parts attach to the fins at the back of the Tumbler? Do these come off or are they pre-glued in place?

I've purchased but not yet received a Tumbler that has a couple of defective parts - the ones I just mentioned above. They apparently don't line up properly between the fin and the attachment point on the body. I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to fix even if I just cut them off and re-attached them myself. I'll know of course when I receive the Tumbler, but my curiosity is at work right now. ;)

If I understand you correctly, they normally come attached. Maybe this can help you:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34711&page=457

ro926 said:
(...)
L1L2brokenpieces.jpg
(...)

My guess is that the struts are attached to the wrong place on the fins or at the wrong angle. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the issue at the moment. There was one available on the web site of BBTS where I made the purchase, but since the item is no longer in stock, it's no longer listed on the site. When I receive the Tumbler I'll take a closer look and then reference these images again. I'm waiting on some other backordered items (TTM bodies) before shipping everything, so it might still be some weeks.

If I understand you correctly, they normally come attached. Maybe this can help you:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34711&page=457

Unfortunately that's a page link and doesn't work properly for me since I have different settings for how many posts appear per page. Would you mind grabbing a link of the specific post number?

I scoured my browser history and found a link to the Tumbler I purchased with an image of the mis-aligned linkage:

C4024P0010.jpg

Last edited:

Unfortunately that's a page link and doesn't work properly for me since I have different settings for how many posts appear per page. Would you mind grabbing a link of the specific post number?

I scoured my browser history and found a link to the Tumbler I purchased with an image of the mis-aligned linkage:

C4024P0010.jpg

that's unlucky, i think when i put mine on they were similar although not as far off as that pic, but then when i pushed the posts in all the way on the sides the vertical posts became aligned.

C4024P0010.jpg

That's a link to a closed thread, which is why I typed the quotation by hand. I don't know how to link to the specific post. Can you tell me how?

that's unlucky, i think when i put mine on they were similar although not as far off as that pic, but then when i pushed the posts in all the way on the sides the vertical posts became aligned.

Think from your latest pic Hulk97 is right.

Is it just glue that holds the mounts and pistons to the wing? If so, how difficult will it be to remove the posts from the wing so I can re-glue them in a more aligned position?

Is any part of the piston made of metal?

Is it just glue that holds the mounts and pistons to the wing? If so, how difficult will it be to remove the posts from the wing so I can re-glue them in a more aligned position?

Is any part of the piston made of metal?

The small rods that are movable to the inside of the "bronze" cylinders are made of metal, I think.

I'll only know for sure when I have it in hand - if those new TTM bodies ever start shipping from BBTS! ;) It looks to me like the mount for the pistons on the wing have to be rotated. Which probably mean snapping them off and re-glueing.

C4024P0010.jpg

The small middle pistons should align well. In that picture side bronze rods (top left and bottom right) are not pushed all the way in.

This is the current display ever since I finally obtained a Begins Batman. Just waiting on MRM's cowl to complete Batman.

C5A8A8BF-6A20-4A99-AFA9-1D345302FF9D-4962-00000156DF59C622_zps8926a7dd.jpg

Found the lighting I like and it's an LED color change lighting. So I get that Dark Knight blue if I wanna switch it up.

DC908AAF-1D64-4A45-981B-3E15A967BCCF-17786-000006F6CCF9642B_zps1ca00d9c.jpg

Back