1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

I'm wondering how one would display this thing. Also wondering if I should get this right when it comes out even though I don't have a Batman 1/6 figure yet as I have the Dark Knight Rises one on pre-order but he won't be out until the 4th quarter. I'm still thinking about ordering The Bat and I've already got the Bat Pod on pre-order as well. I'm going to need to either find me a bigger display case or build me one but I'd probably prefer to buy one. Does anyone know if Ikea carries larger display cases that are like longer in length?

I've just reorganized my wifi set up, to clear an area under my HT display unit, so that's where mine is going. I plan to build acrylic shelves to support this above the Batpod (when it is released).

I've just reorganized my wifi set up, to clear an area under my HT display unit, so that's where mine is going. I plan to build acrylic shelves to support this above the Batpod (when it is released).

Dude, put the batpod above the Tumbler. Trust me!
Unless you are going to use REALLY THICK acrylic.

I think i'm gonna use the display idea of a board member on hre, he has the Tumbler in a display case at an angle with Batman beside it. Got a quote for one that size in the UK tho and it came £317 :thud: A bit under what i paid for the Tumbler itself, so i'm either gonna learn how to make perspex case and make one myself or find another way of protecting it from dust.

Hulk97 try sora-shop there an Eu based company but deliver to the UK shouldn't be any more that 140€ bud

This thing is like 29 inches long so I guess I need a display case long in length. May have to build one.

Hulk97 try sora-shop there an Eu based company but deliver to the UK shouldn't be any more that 140€ bud

Prices are good, but they wont make a case big enough, largest i can make is 15cm too short on the width

I seem to remember someone on these boards having a case for the last Tumbler...any ideas?

When I was at petco, they had a 40 gallon fish tank for 40 dollars that can ALMOST fit the tumbler. We are talking about all the dimensions being perfect except the width, which was 0.5 inches off!!!!

So now I may have to spend 4x this to get a custom case:(.

But if anyone finds anything out there that's cheaper, please share! Look into fish tanks, it's pretty amazing how cheap they are vs custom cases.

man....I REALLY want this...what do you guys think? pull the trigger before it sells out?

You can email them with the size you want and they will make it bud ;)

noticed that after i posted mate :lol i've emailed them about a case for my Tumbler and my Avengers case :) love that they come flatpacked so to speak. My only worry is 4mm thick acrylic gonna be strong enough?

noticed that after i posted mate :lol i've emailed them about a case for my Tumbler and my Avengers case :) love that they come flatpacked so to speak. My only worry is 4mm thick acrylic gonna be strong enough?

As long as you dont put anything on top it should be fine :).

Could you let us know the price they quote you please?

As long as you dont put anything on top it should be fine :).

Cool, as long as it's not bendy on the longer panels i'm happy. They'll both be on a cabinet side by side below my tv so nothing will be on top them.

Could you let us know the price they quote you please?

Will do, not sure how long they take to get back to me tho.

Waiting for HK release so we can have this in August!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK someone whose seen TDKR tell me once and for all, within spoiler tags - Does Batman have a black Tumbler in this film?

Back