1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

The Tumbler Tour was here in San Antonio. I took a few pics, picked up a couple of free posters and stickers. One of the employees climbed in started up the engine.

Yup. I was in San Antonio too. Don't rememeber any of the employees jumping in though? I need to jump on my computer to upload my photos.

I just hope they package this better than the first launch . I would be pissed if i got broken fins.

The first launch was pretty protectively packed already. The fins were shipped completely dis-assembled from the main body and fin support rods, in segmented plastic sleeves, surrounded by bubble wrap and within cardboard covers to hold them in place in a separate compartment of the styrofoam packaging. So there was a think styrofoam wall between the fins and the car body itself.

It doesn't have much room to shift during shipping unless it is handled in the most careless possible way, and the chance of the fins being damaged are virtually nil unless the box itself is crushed or someone opens it and damages them on purpose.

No the problem with the fins and the fin supports was not the packaging...it was the material they are made of. Really thin and brittle plastic. Chances are you will receive your fins intact with a new Batmobile, but during assembly (or dissassembly) you've got to be VERY careful and put just the right amount of pressure in just the right points, or they WILL snap.

No the problem with the fins and the fin supports was not the packaging...it was the material they are made of. Really thin and brittle plastic. Chances are you will receive your fins intact with a new Batmobile, but during assembly (or dissassembly) you've got to be VERY careful and put just the right amount of pressure in just the right points, or they WILL snap.

I struggled to make head or tail of the instructions myself,as well.

G36gorillas YouTube review of this is still the best for my money."As you can see,it is huge-and it is sick!!"

Last edited:

I struggled to make head or tail of the instructions myself,as well.

G36gorillas YouTube review of this is still the best for my money."As you can see,it is huge-and it is sick!!"

My favorite video as well, the car even looked big next to his massive arms! :lol

I think he finally sold it. :(

Ok, I usually don't ask other people about stuff like this, I just do what I want to do. But this time I can't decide. I'm making a dio for the tumbler and have always thought of doing a street with some curbs and the tumbler mounting the curb or something. But today I saw a broken/cracked concrete wall and started to think about making a dio from the garage scene from tdk when scarecrow is talking to the Russian about his drugs, and the tumbler comes crushing through the wall!

So if you were to do this - would you do the street idea or the garage scene :)?
Like to see what others think would look cool!

Ok, I usually don't ask other people about stuff like this, I just do what I want to do. But this time I can't decide. I'm making a dio for the tumbler and have always thought of doing a street with some curbs and the tumbler mounting the curb or something. But today I saw a broken/cracked concrete wall and started to think about making a dio from the garage scene from tdk when scarecrow is talking to the Russian about his drugs, and the tumbler comes crushing through the wall!

So if you were to do this - would you do the street idea or the garage scene :)?
Like to see what others think would look cool!

The crushing through wall would look amazing! Would be a huge dio :lol

The crushing through wall would look amazing! Would be a huge dio :lol

Nah, it would only be a wall of a couple of centimeters high and wide on each side of the tumbler ontop of the pieces of the crushed wall. Not that big :).
Maybe not movie accurate in size, since the wall in the movie is taller than the tumbler, but I wouldn't care about that :).

Nah, it would only be a wall of a couple of centimeters high and wide on each side of the tumbler ontop of the pieces of the crushed wall. Not that big :).
Maybe not movie accurate in size, since the wall in the movie is taller than the tumbler, but I wouldn't care about that :).

Even with a 2 cm wall, the pure surface area of the dio would be massive

I'm thinking you'll need a 2ft x 2.5ft base for it

Even with a 2 cm wall, the pure surface area of the dio would be massive

I'm thinking you'll need a 2ft x 2.5ft base for it

The base I have and will use is actually a little bigger than that. It's 90cm x 50cm.
I also have a friend working on a plexiglass-cover to cover it all and then install some led-lights :). I'm hoping this will look sweeeet!! :)

I'd like to see a picture of the tumbler in profile. the HT tumbler looks very... compresses. Almost like its been pushed together from the nose and the tail and instead risen on the height. Would like to see if the real tumbler looks like that as well.

I was able to get these, maybe they will help.
37639341931351089101872.jpg

37681841931335488711016.jpg

Actually yes, in the first pic it does look that compressed :)! Thanks!

P.S, real jealous at all you guys who get to see the tumbler! One more reason I'd like to move to the US!

Back