1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Quick question, i'm keeping mine stored in the box while i'm at Uni, atm it's at home stored so the Tumbler is on it's side, is it gonna be okay like that? I'm guessing that's how it'll be during shipping etc. so HT must of made the box so it will protect the tumbler no matter the boxes orientation, just a concern i had when i got back to Uni. I'm gonna change it when i'm home in a little over a month but if it may cause issues i'll get my brother to put the box so the Tumblers on it's wheels.

I think this shouldn't be a problem as it's covered from all sides and the mail order company will not care for the "correct" side as well. Anyway, as it seams this beast is a little fragile, you could just flip it on the bottom the next time you are at home.

But I think there's no need to panic. :)

IMG_4267.JPG

Image source: https://alteregoistical.blogspot.de/2009_08_01_archive.html

Last edited:

Quick question, i'm keeping mine stored in the box while i'm at Uni, atm it's at home stored so the Tumbler is on it's side, is it gonna be okay like that? I'm guessing that's how it'll be during shipping etc. so HT must of made the box so it will protect the tumbler no matter the boxes orientation, just a concern i had when i got back to Uni. I'm gonna change it when i'm home in a little over a month but if it may cause issues i'll get my brother to put the box so the Tumblers on it's wheels.

Actually I've been meaning to ask this here, as mine's been in box, standing on the usual orientation that is the item on its side, for almost a month since I got it. I might have the shelf for it done in another month or so. Having the box lying down to have the car in all fours is not possible space-wise atm.

Anyone else who's got the TUmbler in-box for longer, box standing up? Won't the unequal weight distribution put much pressure on the side facing down?:dunno

Another month to wait...:impatient:

AD506381-017D-4167-AC43-4745E51172AB-862-00000159D2E4176B.jpg

Actually I've been meaning to ask this here, as mine's been in box, standing on the usual orientation that is the item on its side, for almost a month since I got it. I might have the shelf for it done in another month or so. Having the box lying down to have the car in all fours is not possible space-wise atm.

Anyone else who's got the TUmbler in-box for longer, box standing up? Won't the unequal weight distribution put much pressure on the side facing down?:dunno

Why not the same, and weight / size. VHS/Beta tape had to be turned every so often. About 3x a year. I did have a problem with just maybe 10 if that.

My last flex payment is christmas day. Really wish I could afford to pay this off earlier but no chance with the other stuff I got on order. :(

My last flex payment is christmas day. Really wish I could afford to pay this off earlier but no chance with the other stuff I got on order. :(

I've been trying for weeks. They're not doing the last payment until they get the new shipment so you might not be waiting too long anyway.

Yeah, that's true. I probably couldn't afford it before then anyway. Got dx12 and bat pod coming in December anyway so gonna be tight. Then dx11 early next year probably. Will be kind of relieved once its all over so I don't have to worry about paying anything out for a little while. Just hope they don't unveil the batman returns figures for a while.

Yeah, that's true. I probably couldn't afford it before then anyway. Got dx12 and bat pod coming in December anyway so gonna be tight. Then dx11 early next year probably. Will be kind of relieved once its all over so I don't have to worry about paying anything out for a little while. Just hope they don't unveil the batman returns figures for a while.

I was going to say, before reading the last line, that the Returns will probably be announced officially next month!
I have the pod and a Gordon arriving this week at my shop. I went there on Saturday, and my DX12 and DX7 were both waiting.
The Tumbler now has a permanent occupant in my display. I gave Bruce the big light up gun from the DX12 and have him climbing out holding it. I modeled the set up from the HT shot of the Tumbler with Bats climbing out. I tried that with my Begins, but it wasn't going to happen.

Oh nice spot and light
I am thinking of extending the top depth of my expedite as well like this so I can fit larger pieces.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

What kind of lighting do you have there?? I'm trying to figure out a good way to light my case...

It's not quite finished (if you look closely you can see the left side of the case isn't fitted on properly). The lighting is just ikea dioders with homemade shades. The wires are hidden in the base. It does overlap over the top of the shelves quite a bit, but is better than taking up floor space, and I think it will look great if the Tumbler ever turns up...

I was going to say, before reading the last line, that the Returns will probably be announced officially next month!
I have the pod and a Gordon arriving this week at my shop. I went there on Saturday, and my DX12 and DX7 were both waiting.
The Tumbler now has a permanent occupant in my display. I gave Bruce the big light up gun from the DX12 and have him climbing out holding it. I modeled the set up from the HT shot of the Tumbler with Bats climbing out. I tried that with my Begins, but it wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, I was hoping that I could just finish collecting with the TDKR line, as its just getting too expensive. So thought I could go all out and get the tumbler and bat pod. But I really don't think I'll be able to resist the returns line. It was probably my favourite film growing up and I just don't think I could pass it up, even if its just on principle. :lol then of course there's the Arkham city batman. Which I feel is pretty much the definitive interpretation, so that would be another must. Huff. :lol

That sounds like a really cool display though, batman climbing out of the tumbler with the EMP gun. Any pics of the set up?

I really don't want the Returns line this soon. Its too much.

I can't wait to display it. I think it's good to have batman in it but then the details of the figure itself become useless.

Sell me your soul and ill finish paying it off for you. LoL! Just play. Sorry dude. It'll be worth the wait once you get it.

Sell me your soul and ill finish paying it off for you. LoL! Just play. Sorry dude. It'll be worth the wait once you get it.

Hmm, actually quite tempting. :lol

:exactly::goodpost:
I'm displaying DX12 standing beside it.
I'll just pretend it's The BAT. :lol

Will be a cool display. I'm thinking OC batman with the tumbler and dx12 with the batpod. :rock

Back