"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, now I see what he meant by "joke". I thought he meant the dude was full of ^^^^ or something.

But on the other hand, I think people like that are ^^^^ing dicks and should have their hands removed with a hacksaw, slowly. If I had seen this movie weeks in advance, I would never do anything like that to people, especially when I am a fan too. That's just mean spirited and ******-baggy.

This would be an awesome prize!!!

The Dark Knight Xbox Giveaway!

In celebration of The Dark Knight hitting theaters, Superhero Hype! is giving away a special edition custom Xbox console! Valued at $948 each, Xbox is creating both a Batman and a Joker version. We'll keep which one the winner will receive a surprise, but you can view them below (click on the images for bigger versions)! In addition, the winner will receive four (4) IMAX Ticket Vouchers so that he or she can check out the most-anticipated movie of the year with friends and/or family in the theater!

xbox2.jpg
xbox3.jpg

Thank god my Houston reviewer liked it! At least we have a little common sense down here despite all the stereotypes:)

"Writer-director Nolan’s Batman Begins, with its surreal and mystical mumbo jumbo about playboy Bruce Wayne’s beginnings, remains the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen, although the comic-book addicts disagree. The Dark Knight takes up where it left off, but if it’s a follow-up that introduces a comprehensive sociopath called the Joker, then how do you explain the fact that the Joker made his debut years ago as Jack Nicholson? It’s just one of the things that makes no sense, but hey-ho, since when did Batman and logic morph?"

That's an excerpt from Rex Reed's review. https://www.observer.com/2008/arts-culture/bat-future

It's a positive review, although I wonder how he can even think that the Tim Burton films and Christopher Nolan's films are the same Batman series?? THAT makes no sense (to me at least).

"Writer-director Nolan’s Batman Begins, with its surreal and mystical mumbo jumbo about playboy Bruce Wayne’s beginnings, remains the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen, although the comic-book addicts disagree. The Dark Knight takes up where it left off, but if it’s a follow-up that introduces a comprehensive sociopath called the Joker, then how do you explain the fact that the Joker made his debut years ago as Jack Nicholson? It’s just one of the things that makes no sense, but hey-ho, since when did Batman and logic morph?"

That's an excerpt from Rex Reed's review. https://www.observer.com/2008/arts-culture/bat-future

It's a positive review, although I wonder how he can even think that the Tim Burton films and Christopher Nolan's films are the same Batman series?? THAT makes no sense (to me at least).

What an idiot. He should be fired for his ignorance. I mean, really!

Seriously, and this guy's been around just as long as Ebert too. No idea.:confused::confused:

I just hope that he doesn't think every James Bond film is related to previous installments, and wonders why Bond, M, Moneypenny, etc are different every few years? At least Q was the same in a lot of them, hehe.

I thought the same thing when I read Enterainment Weekly's review of Hellboy 2:

In Hellboy II, del Toro pushes his fetish for all things weird and shape-shifty to the extreme; he makes us feel childlike, too. You can taste the ripeness of his (meaning DelToro's) imagination when you see the new addition to the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense team: a German scientist named Johann Krauss, who consists entirely of...gas.

:banghead:banghead:banghead

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:monkey1

What an idiot , how can he think that the two batman series are even related ?. :lol:lol
Man , some people suck so much...

I just saw this movie a few hours ago...whoa. I am not going to go into spoiler detail yet but let me just say wow. Seriously the best comic book movie of all time, period. It truly is the Empire Strikes Back of comic book movies. The most hardcore PG-13 movie I have ever seen and yes Ledger literally makes your skin crawl with uneasiness. This is the one we have been waiting for popcorn fun/art. GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! Eat it Indy.

He has been around forever... I didn't think people still read his reviews though. He's been out of touch for a long time...

Bit of trivia, though, he was in the original Superman The Movie. Clark and Lois run into him outside the Daily Planet. Maybe he thinks no one will ever beat that film.

Awwww man i seen this last nite at about 8:30pm Aussie time to a packed cinema!!!
Standing ovation at the end of it!!!!
Truly a remarakable film......
LEDGER OWNED this movie-truly spectacular actor....VERY bittersweet.
I get goosebumps just thinking about it!!!!Definately going to see it again on saturday!!!

Never been into the Batman movies much but will have to see this to at least pay homage to one of own,good on ya Heath.:)

dude-it truly is bittersweet.Ledgers owns TDK!!!
Bale plays second fiddle even though he is awesome as Batman you just cant go past heaths' portrayal of the Joker!!!
there is no way they could top this movie in comicbookness-it DOESNT even register as comicbookness as this movie stands alone as a great flick in story,acting and action.
words cannot describe it,from the opening sequence til the end credits....i was left wanting MORE!!!!!

Haven't seen it but from all i've heard HL as Joker give him the academy.:rock

I think definately it DOES stand alone.
and i also believe why make another Batman film for awhile???
They CANNOT top this one i believe!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back