1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a giant, giant, giant fan of The Dark Knight, I'm so happy they are redoing this figure. Never liked the look of the original. For selfish reason alone, I'm all for this. Huge surprise, couldn't pre-order fast enough.

TDK is a better film and was a phenomenon when it came out, but does that mean that every specific element in it is as impactful or memorable as the film itself? As time goes on, movies tend to be oversimplified and remembered for a handful of things, if lucky. Batman 89 is remembered for people not wanting Keaton in the role of Batman, Jack Joker owning the film, and the "I'm Batman" line. Batman Returns is mostly remembered for Catwoman. Batman Forever...:dunno, Batman and Robin is remembered because of nipples, bad puns, and being the worst thing ever. The Nolan films are no exception, Begins isn't memorable for anything specifically, kind of like Forever. TDK is all about Joker, interogation scene, and Batman's voice. TDKR, Bane and Batman "quitting." It's a distorted perception of what those films are all about, but the point is not everything about it is "iconic." Personally, I give the edge to Mr. Freeze because of Arnold, not because the character is better or the quality of the film. Arnold is an icon. Aaron Eckhart...not so much. :lol

That's why I still hold the belief that if there had been no B&R and we simply had a Batman "trilogy" from 89-95 that Forever would be held in much higher regard as a harmless take on the character. But they had to push it with B&R so people easily compartmentalize the Schumacher flicks as being separate from Burton's. IMO BF is unfairly hated on account of it's perceived association with B&R and not because it's a "bad" film.

To this day I still remember it fondly and if I'm ever channel surfing (which is exceedingly rare these days since I hardly watch any cable at all anymore) and I see that Forever is on I'm probably more inclined to catch a few minutes of that one above almost any other Batflick. It's not great by any means but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it has a genuine draw. Kilmer in the Panther suit would be very hard for me to pass on. Same with Arnold Freeze.

Price on this is 30 bucks too high, but I imagine the old one lost over half it's value on eBay overnight.

Pre ordered! I figured it would be around $250.00

There have been so few 1/6 figures that interest me anymore, I'll be looking forward to receiving this one.

Ordered. Part of why I got into this hobby was how amazing Hot Toys Dark knight trilogy figures looked but I still don't have any. This is my second chance. I just finished setting up my payment plan at sideshow. Now I'm praying for some sort of rerelease of Batman, Joker, Bane and Catwoman.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

That's why I still hold the belief that if there had been no B&R and we simply had a Batman "trilogy" from 89-95 that Forever would be held in much higher regard as a harmless take on the character. But they had to push it with B&R so people easily compartmentalize the Schumacher flicks as being separate from Burton's. IMO BF is unfairly hated on account of it's perceived association with B&R and not because it's a "bad" film.

To this day I still remember it fondly and if I'm ever channel surfing (which is exceedingly rare these days since I hardly watch any cable at all anymore) and I see that Forever is on I'm probably more inclined to catch a few minutes of that one above almost any other Batflick. It's not great by any means but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it has a genuine draw. Kilmer in the Panther suit would be very hard for me to pass on. Same with Arnold Freeze.
It's funny because it was the panther suit that introduced the nipples, but it was Clooney that took the fall for that. :lol

For $251 this should come with a regular Harvey Dent head & suit jacket. At least rewards help a little. :(

Pre-ordered. Price was higher than expected but I already had $50 in gift card credit and a $25 off coupon.

It's funny because it was the panther suit that introduced the nipples, but it was Clooney that took the fall for that. :lol

Probably because if you take away BF's panther suit nipples then really the only things to criticize are just a couple silly moments like the car driving up the building and a dumb line here and there which were ultimately no more offensive than Joker's giant revolver or penguin "commandoes."

Whereas B&R had a hundred things wrong with it causing the nipples to feel less like an anomaly and more like yet another symptom of a greater disaster.

Ordered as well. Too expensive but what isnt anymore? I'm just telling my relatives thanks for the christmas gift now (i.e. just give me money for christmas this year :)

For $251 this should come with a regular Harvey Dent head & suit jacket. At least rewards help a little. :(
It SHOULD. You are quite right. I'm hoping someone will find out if the new figure works with the old Harvey head and Jacket and I may eBay them.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Think I'm going to end up passing on this. As great as the figure looks, I just have a hard time getting that excited about having it in my collection, as the character never really stood out to me the way Joker and Catwoman did from those movies.

You're right.. This is a $220 figure.
The thing is, with SDCC exclusive figures - they are lower production.
Lower production = premium. So.. this is about what I expected.
Still jumping on it, because I missed out on the first release.

Back