1/6 The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale Two Face Collectible Figure (Toy Fairs 2019) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is more iconic, worthy of a high end figure.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze or Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face

Batman and Robin is a dumpster fire and the absolute worst Batman and possibly super-hero movie of all time...The Dark Knight is a masterpiece and arguably the greatest cinematic work in the super-hero genre...so have to go with Two-Face on that one. TDK is so much better than Joel Schumacher's trainwreck that I would go so far as to say that 1/6 scale figures of the Gotham citizens deciding whether to blow up the other ferry are more essential than anything in Batman & Robin.

Batman and Robin is a dumpster fire and the absolute worst Batman and possibly super-hero movie of all time...The Dark Knight is a masterpiece and arguably the greatest cinematic work in the super-hero genre...so have to go with Two-Face on that one. TDK is so much better than Joel Schumacher's trainwreck that I would go so far as to say that 1/6 scale figures of the Gotham citizens deciding whether to blow up the other ferry are more essential than anything in Batman & Robin.

TDK is a better film and was a phenomenon when it came out, but does that mean that every specific element in it is as impactful or memorable as the film itself? As time goes on, movies tend to be oversimplified and remembered for a handful of things, if lucky. Batman 89 is remembered for people not wanting Keaton in the role of Batman, Jack Joker owning the film, and the "I'm Batman" line. Batman Returns is mostly remembered for Catwoman. Batman Forever...:dunno, Batman and Robin is remembered because of nipples, bad puns, and being the worst thing ever. The Nolan films are no exception, Begins isn't memorable for anything specifically, kind of like Forever. TDK is all about Joker, interogation scene, and Batman's voice. TDKR, Bane and Batman "quitting." It's a distorted perception of what those films are all about, but the point is not everything about it is "iconic." Personally, I give the edge to Mr. Freeze because of Arnold, not because the character is better or the quality of the film. Arnold is an icon. Aaron Eckhart...not so much. :lol

To sum it up. The reason I don't like Eckhart's Two-Face is because he's a huge puss with no integrity or conviction at all. Conviction is pretty important for a character like Two-Face.

You're right, he has no integrity. He never did - not as Harvey Dent nor as Two-Face in the film. Nor did he in the comics - either as Harvey or as Two-Face.

Harvey Dent was always breaking the rules. He was full of himself and a bit of a scumbag - he just hid it well from the other characters. Cheating with the coin and Maroni's driver is just one of many examples (though I do think he looks legitimately disappointed that he "won" the coin flip on himself).

And that's why he's a villain.

Still needing Shazam, aquaman, and the rest of the JL figures and hot toys produces these unwanted exclusives.

What are you even on about. They already teased Shazam, Aquaman is on pre-order and so are the JL except for cyborg I suppose.

Unwanted in whose opinion? I think aside from Neon Iron man, these are some of the better exclusives that have come out in the last several years.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really excited for this figure. I didn't start collecting until 3 years ago, well after the original release. Two-face is my favorite DC villain and this is an instant pre-order for me. I'm still holding out hope that HT will also release a Arkham Knight version of him as well. I know for a lot of people this may not be an important release but for me this is must have. Not holy grail but "buy a SS gift card for the full amount and have it completely paid off the moment it becomes available" for me.

Still needing Shazam, aquaman, and the rest of the JL figures and hot toys produces these unwanted exclusives.
Speak for yourself; I would prefer a root canal over a Justice League figure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I agree with all your points but I would still prefer a MR Freeze over a rehash Two Face.

url

giphy.gif

This guy would look epic in a detolf with LED's all over the place, so he's lit up like a Christmas Tree.
A reference from The Running Man

I agree with all your points but I would still prefer a MR Freeze over a rehash Two Face.

url

giphy.gif

This guy would look epic in a detolf with LED's all over the place, so he's lit up like a Christmas Tree.
A reference from The Running Man

He’d also be a $300+ figure, easily.

The last talking figure Hot Toys has done was Vader. Imagine a Mr. Freeze with movie quotes, LED lit suit and “die cast”.

This should have been the Toy Fairs exclusive.

A3A490C8-1D3D-4A97-8E43-FC1C8D671726.jpg

I’d buy 10.

And the movie might suck, but can we all admit that the make up for Freeze as well as the special effects for the suit and gun are amazing?

Jeff Dawn, the make up artist. Same dude that did the make up work for Terminator 2.

Been looking at these photos a lot and I think Two-Face looks great. If the price is right I’m in. Would prefer 1/4 scale but I doubt he’s popular enough to get that treatment by HT at the slow rate they’re making 1/4.

Back