The Da Vinci Code trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw National Geographic's 2-hour piece "Beyond the DaVinci Code" last night. Coulda been about 45 minutes shorter but interesting nevertheless.

As good as DaVinci Code was, I prefer Dan Brown's first book -- Angels and Demons. Same twisting and blending of history and legend to present a plausible scenario.

edit: deleted first sentence since I'd forgotten that I'd already commented on reading vs. movie. d'uh...!

Last edited:
Wetanut said:
I too am in the camp of if you haven't read it by now, don't . Wait for the movie. The suspense and build up will be well worth it.

Saw National Geographic's 2-hour piece "Beyond the DaVinci Code" last night. Coulda been about 45 minutes shorter but interesting nevertheless.

As good as DaVinci Code was, I prefer Dan Brown's first book -- Angels and Demons. Same twisting and blending of history and legend to present a plausible scenario.

Angels and Demons is going to be my next book. Will go buy it this week. Friends at the club loved that book too. So now I want to read it. At least I am doing one of my resolutions... more reading... less television. :)

Wetanut said:
Agree with Dave on the book. If you haven't read it before now, might as well wait for the movie. The elements are so intrinsic to each other that they wouldn't leave out any of the critical ones from the book IMO. It's a good book, but his first one was much better I thought. The trailer really does look good. Will be a definite "go see" at theaters for me.

The first, Angels & Demons, actually had quite some flaws which sort of blew the story for me. And he made some obvious mistakes in the first book too, like a character who is somewhere in the other part of town comes back and immediately is all-informed while they are on a minute-tight deadline. Where did he find the time to get debriefed?

I know it is fiction of course, but in the Da Vinci Code it all sounds more plausible, like it could actually be true.

I've read all 4 books now and really enjoyed them, even Angels & Demons for the story was quite enjoyable and it reall grabs you. But the Da Vinci Code is still my favorite.

Can't wait for the movie to come out, but will recommend you to :read. But that's personal, I like the suspense while reading a book better than during a two-hour movie. If you want to be surprised, than you should just wait and see. It's worth it!

Darklord Dave said:
Well, when it comes to Dan Brown - there's a lot of tV that's better...

I couldn't disagree more. Dan Brown's books are responsible for quite a few folks I know putting down the controller and picking up a book again. I do agree with seeing the movie first, just so as not to spoil anything that may be upcoming in the next scene. I don't think that all the elements will necessarily be in the film though, if the last few big best sellers to movie are any indication [ie: Timeline, Sahara]. With the people involved in this film I am hoping not to be disappointed.

Back