The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2d9bcjn.jpg

cant say no to war machine and T-2

Must resist the Hot Toys MK IV, it's too much like the MK III (Keep telling myself over and over inside my head). I have already succumb to the temptation that is Hot Toys War Machine

Resisting the Batman Line - have been fully successful so far
Inglorious Basterds - Wouldn't be tempted by every character

Terminator - the resistance "FAILED" held off for many years...was sorry to have missed the HT Endo esp the BD version, but the Salvation line drew me in with john connor, T600 & T700, shortly afterwards I bought the SSC Endoskull & have Arnie & Sarah Connor on order..

Star Wars is a constant "FAIL" its a war I try to fight but resistance is futile

I'm trying not to get too heavily into HT's Marvel line...because I know they have the T1 and T2 licence too...they're like my Grails. And the Avatar wait is killing me.

I am the exact opposite. I haven't ventured into collecting statues therefore, HT announcement of a Marvel line became my grail. So far, limiting other licenses has been simple because I have little / or no interest in the character's announced.

The only previewed character's to date outside of Marvel which I have any interest is HT T-800 (Arnie) and SS Emperor (Throne). I may venture into a new world with the Punisher (Comiquette) Statue.

Trying very hard to resist the 2 new Hot toys Mars Attacks figure purely because I cant afford them atm I know ill crack and get them eventually lol

That DX Michael Jackson is mighty tempting, but I just can't bring myself to cross that $150 threshold. I'm afraid once I do, it'll get just a little easier each time after that.
This absolutely happened with me. First you cross the $50 barrier, then the $100 barrier, then the $150 barrier, then the $300 barrier, then the $500 barrier, then things just don't seem expensive anymore, despite your bank account screaming contrary information into your ears.

This absolutely happened with me. First you cross the $50 barrier, then the $100 barrier, then the $150 barrier, then the $300 barrier, then the $500 barrier, then things just don't seem expensive anymore, despite your bank account screaming contrary information into your ears.

:lecture :lecture

Thats right, its easy to keep pushing back the dollar/euro etc boundaries till eventually you just don't bat an eyelid at how much these things cost. A Hot Toys figure used to be about 80euro for me (a high price after coming from star wars figures and 7" McFarlane figures) and now each one is up to and over 150euro - I don't know that I would have even noticed till someone else pointed it out.

Oh yeah and I forgot about Hot Toys King Leonidos from 300. That one really appealled to me when first shown yet I've only seen the film once. And as usual :rolleyes: - if I buy that I'll have to buy any further figures in that line...and if I do that I'll have kickstarted yet another collecting theme and I'd have to buy the Hot Toys Clash of the Titans line or any future sword wielding character they ever make....perhaps I would also look down to the smaller scales from NECA too.

Oh to be made of money.

Tusken Raider PF

For the song you can get one for, I wouldn't resist. :monkey5

I typically don't resist much, if I like it, I get it; but the pieces that come to mind are the Wyatt and Doc PFs, I just don't have the room.

:monkey2

Successfully resisted the Hot Toys "Big Chap" Alien. Completist tendencies might have compelled me to buy it having bought Kane and Dallas and also the core Aliens from the other films but the figure turned out to be a big disappointment for many, myself included. Every new picture I see of that figure only persuades me that I was right not to buy it. I know I would have regretted it. In the most important areas it completely fails to resemble the creature in the film and, like my HT Dog Alien, it just would have annoyed me every time I looked at it. So I said enough was enough with Hot Toys 'whatever, its got a big c__k for a head, it must be the alien' attitude and did not buy.

I don't think "trying to resist" is the right phrase for me. More like "desperately trying to figure out how to get it/hoping I can afford it when it ships"...

PF Blackbeard
PF Captain Jack Sparrow
PF Gambit
Allosaurus dio
Raptor dio

I think that's all... Doesn't seem like much, but add up the price tags and its :rip for my bank account.

I don't think "trying to resist" is the right phrase for me. More like "desperately trying to figure out how to get it/hoping I can afford it when it ships"...

Same here. The only thing that ever gets in my way is being broke. If I want something, nothing else can stop me.

I try to keep my buying within the limits of my budget, and that could be considered resisting, but generally, if I haven't bought it, it's because I don't want it, or because I can't afford it yet.

Right now, I can't afford sandtroopers or an exclusive Storm Shadow.

With in-hand pics appearing of King Leonidos this will be another trying time for me :( Want but it could spell doom for my chances of saving money as more of this kind of character will follow and I would want them too. Better to just not start down that road.

Top 5 Resist List:

#5...........HT Big Chap, pretty easy actually.

#4...........HT Blade, the tweeked HS and weapons made me twitch, twice.

#3...........HT Wolverine, great body, but lacks accesories. Twitched several times, like Tony Montoya gettin' filled with lead in scar-face.

#2...........HT Marcus Wright. Ah srewit can't resistgonnagobuyitonfriday.

Now my list is trashed and everything listed from 4 down is fair game.:banghead

I must be the worst collector out there since there's nothing that I am resisting. The only thing I would like is the Alien Warrior maquette, but since I don't have the room nor the money for it, ain't gonna happen

Sideshow's Indiana Jones Fertility Idol 1:1 prop. Just can't afford it right now and props are low on my list even though I love all things Raiders.

Hot Toys Wolverine. I'm holding out for a DX version, hoping that it will include his X-Men movies' spiky hairstyle and X-Men uniform, in addition to his casual clothes. But I've come so close to ordering the Origins version several times since it's so damn cool!

Back