The Creator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dialogue was horrible.

“I’ll do anything to spend one more minute with her”

John David Washington just sinks everything he touches. Not saying the script was out of this world, but JDW does nothing to help uplift the material.

I enjoyed The Creator. Very likely this will launch Oren Soffer onto many short lists for future sci fi projects. While this wasn't a hit, this might have been a launching pad for someone pretty interesting behind the camera.

JDW is the "string attached" for back end financing. He's Wyatt Russell with industrial grade leverage. The problem is he just sucks as an actor.

I find this film to be extremely brave. It's not hanging it's hat on some storied legacy IP, it's not riding the wave of a franchise built around structured "universe" type world building, and it was willing to take some pretty big risks. Even if this doesn't hit, the industry needs more films like this being made. Some will break through, some will not.

My problem wasn’t JDW I actually like him he’s got a unique look to him but he definitely has zero luck with movies even Tenet sucked poor guy!

My big problem with this movie was that it was freaking boring and the AI was uninteresting,

Blade Runner / Ghost in the Shell this wasn’t.

Robots were also lame looking.

Bummer as I was really looking forward to this.

John David Washington just sinks everything he touches. Not saying the script was out of this world, but JDW does nothing to help uplift the material.

I enjoyed The Creator. Very likely this will launch Oren Soffer onto many short lists for future sci fi projects. While this wasn't a hit, this might have been a launching pad for someone pretty interesting behind the camera.

JDW is the "string attached" for back end financing. He's Wyatt Russell with industrial grade leverage. The problem is he just sucks as an actor.

I find this film to be extremely brave. It's not hanging it's hat on some storied legacy IP, it's not riding the wave of a franchise built around structured "universe" type world building, and it was willing to take some pretty big risks. Even if this doesn't hit, the industry needs more films like this being made. Some will break through, some will not.
Yeah JDW is a problem - I wouldn't say he sucks as an actor, but to me he's like an empty void charisma-wise. Just nothing compelling about him at all - a complete bore to watch. To me he was by far the biggest issue with Tenet. It's like a movie without a main character (ironically, his character's just called "the protagonist"), like the star actor got long COVID so his stand-in got to actually act and take center stage.

It's odd because Denzel is the exact opposite - maybe the most compelling, surprising and charismatic actor of the past 50 years. But I guess there are far, far worse pass-throughs of DNA - I'm looking at you, Chet Hanks. :lol

Samuel L Jackson vs Denzel Washington...

Moderated by Morgan Freeman.

Denzel: You ain't got nuthin' on me!

SLJ: Shut the f**** up, m*****-f*****!

Denzel: Oh, you want some of this?

Morgan: There they were... two legends... facing each other for the first time... twin suns ready to collide...

Back