The Complete Making of Indiana Jones by J.W. Rinzler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Star Wars one is fascinating. Reading books like this makes you wonder how good movies EVER get made.

Isn't it a little unfair that Star Wars has gotten comprehensive "Making of" books for individual films (at least for III and IV so far,) yet, the making of all four Indy adventures are being crammed into one softcover volume? I would personally have been happier with a definitive volume on the making of ROTLA, alone. I'm still gonna pick it up.

It's a fantastic book. I do feel they've slightly neglected Phil Kaufman's role in the creation of Indy/ Raiders. I mean, Phil Kaufman even had a credit on Last Crusade, and I think he influenced the character more than we think - he was later due to make a film based on one of Talbot Mundy's Jimgrim stories, and I think he put a lot of Jimgrim into Indy. There's also a lot of archeaology in Jimgrim. But all round a great book, exactly what I wanted.

A real headshaker is how many studios turned down Raiders. You’ve got the two highest-grossing filmmakers, the guys who made Star Wars and Jaws collaborating on a joint project they know is a blockbuster, and studio execs say no. WTF! How dumb are some people?

Back