The Chronicles of Sarah Connor - First Footage!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
This show makes T3 look like a masterpiece.
Seeing T3 on Aussie free-to-air TV on Friday night, I was reminded what a worthy successor to T2 it was. The T-X wasn't as gimmicky as I thought it was going to be, and it's great to see how Judgment Day actually unfolds.

The ending was the only respectable part of that film. I was surprised at how good it was to such a lackluster film. I was put off by the trite humor and the cartoonish plot with the TX. It just didn't feel like a Terminator movie until the end. If Mostow had taken the whole film as seriously as the ending it might have worked, but killing off Sarah was a bad move. It just didn't work for me and this show just looks silly with a bunch of poor-man's Terminators trying to kill Sarah/John every week is going to get old. In fact, it already is.

dekadentdave said:
The ending was the only respectable part of that film. I was surprised at how good it was to such a lackluster film. I was put off by the trite humor and the cartoonish plot with the TX. It just didn't feel like a Terminator movie until the end. If Mostow had taken the whole film as seriously as the ending it might have worked, but killing off Sarah was a bad move. It just didn't work for me and this show just looks silly with a bunch of poor-man's Terminators trying to kill Sarah/John every week is going to get old. In fact, it already is.

I totally agree with you there.... :rock

The footage has potential, but it kinda cheapens the films IMO... I mean, how many damn Terminators came through?? At first it was just supposed to be Reese and the T-800, and then it was the T-800 and T-1000.... and then to stretch it even more...the T-850 and the T-X....

AND now... getting really silly, the T-"crappier model" will be trying to kill them over and over again. I like the actress for Sarah and the chick from Firefly/Serenity.... but it just looks bad to me.... and all because of the Terminators.

If they were going to do it that way, they should have gotten an actor with a little more presence to play another model Terminator.

Wow! That looks...bad. Luckily it's on Fox, so it'll probably only last 6 episodes before they cancel it.

I do like Summer Glau.

Fox just announced they have cancelled the series. There were 4 episodes filmed and each will be aired as "filler" in American Idol's timeslot in the summer of '09.

Ironman1188 said:
Fox just announced they have cancelled the series. There were 4 episodes filmed and each will be aired as "filler" in American Idol's timeslot in the summer of '09.

Easy there, a friend of mine wrote the Pilot and is Exec producing it. :D I agree it might be tough sledding squeezing a series which takes place between T2 and T3, but let's at least give it a chance and be thankful we have more Terminator...

Last edited:
pjam said:
Easy there, a friend of mine wrote the Pilot and is Exec producing it. :D I agree it might be tough sledding squeezing a series which takes place between T2 and T3, but let's at least give it a chance and be thankful we have more Terminator...

I'm surprised to hear you say that, p. I thought you were a purist like most of us. And I thought you hated T3. :confused:

That's cool your friend is working on it. I know how tough it is to get a good working gig in this business. Still, some things should just be left alone.

It looks like a Smallville for the Terminator movies. Could be good. Looks better than that Heroes everybody's eating up this year.

pjam said:

Cool Paul.... I understand that. You can bet I will watch it though, simply because it IS Terminator plot and all. So your friend has my support for now, I'll give it a fair chance.

Still wish they had a better actor for the Terminator though...

I though Skynet was defeated and the time machine destroyed in the first film... where the heck are all these other Terminators coming from? I never have figured that one out.

gdb said:
It looks like a Smallville for the Terminator movies. Could be good. Looks better than that Heroes everybody's eating up this year.

Astute observation GDB, I think you nailed it, got the same vibe, you must be a writer. :lol

Termies for teenies, whatever, lets hope it hits a decent stride. :lol

dekadentdave said:

I agree with Dave here. That doesn't mean I doubt the qualities of you friend Pjam.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I though Skynet was defeated and the time machine destroyed in the first film... where the heck are all these other Terminators coming from? I never have figured that one out.

If you watch the special edition DVD there is a deleted scene that shows the factory where Sarah terminates the T-800 is actually Cyberdyne and of course the CPU and endo arm were kept secured in the vaults at Cyberdyne for Miles Dyson and his research team to unlock its neural net to develope Skynet. It's a paradox. The end of T2 only averted the August 29, 1997 Judgment Day day and prolonged it to whenever it supposedly occured in T3. As for how the Terminators keep coming back in time since Connor's team blew the Time Displacement complex after sending Reese back, chalk that one up to alternate timelines, kind of like the Hasslein paradox in the Planet of the Apes movies.

Back