The Cantina Creature Count

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Lak Sivrak custom going, though just at the very beginning stages. I kind of figured it was highly unlikely SSC would ever do him - I think they will finish the biggies (Walrus/Snagg/BlueSnagg/Evazan) then maybe dabble in a few lesser icons (Kabe/Muftak/Vimdin/Djas) and then call it a day.

:exactly: I agree with you 100% squeak, I think that's exactly what SSC will do. I think a Kabe/Dice 2-pack could be cool(similar to the Salacious Crumb release), cuz I think Muftak and Lak would be large enough figures that SSC could release them individually. I could see SSC making other cantina denizens that stood out and are unique, like the ones you mentioned. Especially characters like Labria and Hem Dazon, once they have the flight suit done they could even make Bo Shek. So do you have WIP pix posted of your Lak custom? I would luv to see them. As I'm sure many others woould too.

Forgot Hem Dazon. Wasn't he just a head on a stick? Still, first alien in the whole sequence.

09d34e10.jpg

Nabrun and Bo would also be great, but Bo would be a "regular" human head - not exactly SSC's strong suit against HT. Cantina Barkeep would be great, but they would sell like ten of him.

Will try to cobble together a WIP on the wolf man custom in the next few weeks.

I disagree, Whurer (the barkeep) would sell so-so by himself, but if he was sold with the Cantina Bar, I think he would sell quite well.

We already have 2 different sets of Cantina tables and chairs, virtually every collector who bought those would be chomping at the bit for the actual bar to go with it.

It would (have to) be huge, but a bar would be awesome. The curved front (with IG-88 dispensers behind) would be a great backdrop for a half dozen figs. It would have to be around 2' across, but the new Cantina alcove is pretty enormous, as is Dewy. Maybe SSC could do what Hasbro did and sell the bar in segments - straight or curved - though each would need something cool (Kabe...) to sell them individually.

Something like what you describe would be great. I'd definitely pick one up. Just put down a deposit with my local AD today for Chalmun's Cantina, so anything to expand on that would be welcome.

Does anyone have a good Hasbro setup? They've made quite a few cantina creatures over the years.

Does anyone have a good Hasbro setup? They've made quite a few cantina creatures over the years.

I remember those! Didn't one set come with kittik keedkak, or whatever it's name was. It just looked like a giant praying mantis.

Flosi, I am waiting for you to respond with the actual character name. ;)

I actually still have that entire Hasbro setup packed away in storage.

I may have to ebay that.

Yeah, me too. I would actually like to get rid of most if not all those older toys, but the task just seems way too daunting.

Star Wars 3 3/4 and 12" Hasbro, LOTR, Simpsons, I'd love to sell them all, if only they were going for much it might motivate me.

Yeah, me too. I would actually like to get rid of most if not all those older toys, but the task just seems way too daunting.

Star Wars 3 3/4 and 12" Hasbro, LOTR, Simpsons, I'd love to sell them all, if only they were going for much it might motivate me.

you could try selling or trading them in the sw customs section...........some are great for bashing & tweaking.

I remember those! Didn't one set come with kittik keedkak, or whatever it's name was. It just looked like a giant praying mantis.

Flosi, I am waiting for you to respond with the actual character name. ;)

Kitik Keed'kak

I'm not sure if I would have pulled that one out of my hat/arse. :lol Now that Feroze has posted it I have all those old memories firing again.

I'm kinda sorta looking for a Dengar at the moment... I still need to finish a couple other things forst though. :panic:

I think we all have some of those hasbro 12" figs, I know I have Boba, Endor Leia, maybe a Sandtrooper and some others. I just wish my vintage Kenner 12" figs had withstood the test of time in my mother's storage shed back in AZ. The Stormtrooper's hands, literally, just melted off.:horror:gah::lol

Got to keep this thread going....:mad:

What ever their names, I want the two fella drinking with HammerHead to complete the circle!:ted

Back