The Bridge Directs Smaug Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics everyone. Not hearing much good feedback on this guy. My one is still with BBTS. I guess that i won't cancel because i want to at least flesh out my 3 3/4 figure collection, but this toyline really fell flat on it's face. I did'nt bother with the 6 inch figures for the hobbit either, so many characters from these films and we don't even see thorin's company completed. WTF!

Very cheap feel. McFarlane dragons are 1000% better, for 1/2 the price.
Sending mine back today. Not worth the price tag.

Well. I couldn't pull the trigger on this-80$ at my LCS; just not worth it , no even the right scale. And since BD has gone silent on this line I'm taking my money elsewhere.

So can anybody explain why after a 3 billion dollar LOTR franchise produced tons of product like the great ToyBiz figure line and Armies of Middle Earth line - why Bridge Direct got this license and then produced such crap?

That is something I really want to know about.

So can anybody explain why after a 3 billion dollar LOTR franchise produced tons of product like the great ToyBiz figure line and Armies of Middle Earth line - why Bridge Direct got this license and then produced such crap?

That is something I really want to know about.

Personally, i think the TBD hobbit figures are pretty good. The problem here does'nt lie with the quality, but rather the amount of figures released by them. Poor effort in my opinion.

So i got this guy in hand today, don't even think i'll open him right now. The box is way smaller than i thought it would be, so the dragon figure i'm sure will be too.
It's a very underwhelming effort, this toy should have been the centrepiece of the 3 3/4 hobbit figures, but would only work as a background display in this size and scale now imo.

Is this the same size as the Fell beast from Toybiz or Neca from some years ago?

I wish. I don't think many of us would have a problem with it if it was.

There's a photo floating around of the 3" Thorin figure next to the new Smaug. If you sat him on top of Smaug and he'd look proportionally about the same as Toybiz's Nazgul and Fellbeast - except that the Nazgul was 6". So the Fellbeast is almost twice as big as this Smaug.

Is this the same size as the Fell beast from Toybiz or Neca from some years ago?

Back