The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a miracle: now two eps of the BOBF show with hardly any BOBF show garbage?:dunno:horror

Loved the scenes of Eric Stoltz training Gizmo and it does raise the big question: if we are this close to a 100% realistic recreation of a young MH, does that mean we can have movies/shows centered on OT era with Luke, Han (and maybe Leia,) Vader etc rather than yet another decade+ of ST-type crap?

I don't think they're there yet, but from the looks of it, I think within ten years, it will be possible to make movies and shows with the original characters.

I don't think it will end with SW, but other franchises and even actors will be brought to their prime selves and even back from the dead in new films. That might take more than 10 years, for legal and moral reasons. But yeah, it's kind of scary what they can do.

Imagine telling someone in 1983, that 40 years later they will be able to watch what happens to Luke after ROTJ and he will look exactly the same as he did in ROTJ.

Well, I couldn’t care less about how out of place Ep.5 & 6 are in the show, I’m just glad they were there. Ep. 6 was simply epic. Why they can’t get that type of quality across the board just baffles me.

Ep. 5 and 6? You mean ep. 1 and ep. 2, it's a 3-episode season. :monkey3:chase

I wish they would tone down the western look. It is too obvious (like the Vespa kids are reminiscent of Happy Days for the 50s/60s look - I almost expect a cyborg Fonzie to appear). IMO it clashes too much with the design of the Tatooine from the movies.

Regarding Grogu´s choice: I expect that we won’t know until the last minute of the fight with the bad guys, where Luke comes saving the day, turn the tide of the battle and bring back the child to the Mandalorian.

Is it possible that during editing/post production they realized how bad it really was, had no time to go back and do any reshoots, kept the first few episodes, and scrapped a lot of the content, and took the first two episodes that may have already been shot for the upcoming Mando season to use?
That's what I'm thinking. I'm not sure how much of Mando S3 has been filmed but the Mando stuff from last week and Luke/Grogu story this week look to have been filmed to fit within S3. Mando's introduction through the slaughterhouse curtains last week screams S3 opening shot.

It feels to me more like Rodriguez was heavily responsible for all the Boba stuff early on, and then Favreau/Filoni did their own separate thing for these last two episodes, and then the stories got jammed together at the very last minute for some reason. Because the quality difference is just SO stark.

Good thing it wasn't Boba, with Fennec struggling to get Boba out of the ship. :LOL: She ends up calling Luke to help her get Boba out of the ship. It proves to be Luke's toughest challenge, using every bit of the force to get Boba out. Luke fails, and that's when he decides to quit and go live on an island. :lol

"Grogu, bring the bantha grease."

giphy.gif

"No! Don't drink it! That's all we've got!"

It feels to me more like Rodriguez was heavily responsible for all the Boba stuff early on, and then Favreau/Filoni did their own separate thing for these last two episodes, and then the stories got jammed together at the very last minute for some reason. Because the quality difference is just SO stark.
None of it fits. Hopefully someone makes an episode 5 and 6 edit that can be viewed as one brilliant Mando episode. Fits nicely between S2 and S3.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Luke's "choice" is a trick.

In the end, Grogu will be able to have both his token of family and his trusty lightsaber.

Luke's lesson: in order to have balance, there must be two things -- thus, lightsaber for his duty and the armor for his love.

When Grogu learns that "choice" is a trick, then he has mastered balance.

There endth the lesson.

A very reasonable hypothesis. A great way to have the cake and eat it too.
However, I think your "writing " is better quality than we've seen on this show...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Luke's "choice" is a trick.

In the end, Grogu will be able to have both his token of family and his trusty lightsaber.

Luke's lesson: in order to have balance, there must be two things -- thus, lightsaber for his duty and the armor for his love.

When Grogu learns that "choice" is a trick, then he has mastered balance.

There endth the lesson.
I like your thinking. Hopefully this is the case - does justice to both Luke and Grogu's character.

Back