The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible that during editing/post production they realized how bad it really was, had no time to go back and do any reshoots, kept the first few episodes, and scrapped a lot of the content, and took the first two episodes that may have already been shot for the upcoming Mando season to use?

I keep asking this question, here and elsewhere, and it has yet to be answered:

Can anyone tell me exactly what reason Han Solo would have to show up in this show? None....? I'm thinking, none? Is he friends with anyone here? Does he generally hang out with bounty hunters? Are he and Fett besties? Is he chummy with any - ANY - criminal empires? [No, they all want him carbonited or worse]? I know Beilert Valance is in love with him or something, but is Valance even here? No.

Everyone acts like Fett and Solo are Siamese twins or something: you dont see one without the other. From whence does this ideation spring? You dont see this pairing in the movies, nor the novels, nor the comics. In all of these instances, Solo is fleeing Fett like the rest of us flee the Grim Reaper.

In fact, as far as Solo is concerned Fett IS the Grim Reaper.

Yet everyone is like SOLO INNNNNNNNNCOOOMMIIINNNGGGGGGG
I could do without Han showing up to, the only way it makes sense to me would be the scenario where Luke is bringing Grogu to Mando and sees what a **** show is going on on Tattooine and calls in New Republic forces that just happen to include Solo. It could literally be a shot of him walking down the falcon ramp camera behind no face reveal.

Good to see Cad Bane. Made me realize they just should have let Fett a full-blown villain. Dont give him his own show just let him be Boba.
Yes why did any of this need to happen. Why couldn't they have structured the narrative so that OT Fett took the place of Bane and just had the show be about someone else.

That said I do at least love Bane himself.

I think the Mandalorian should take Boba’s armour and give it back to the “sheriff”. He acted more like Boba than Boba does.

The way this show is going I could see them “shoehorning” Han and Chewie into the story by having Boba needing a “good pilot” to sneak them in somewhere.

Why does not the sheriff get his own armor? Its not like armor of all kinds is not liberally strewn through the SW universe.

He can even get Mandalorian armor off the black market, if he's just got to have that specific kind. Durasteel would sure beat nothing.

The only person to blame for an unarmored sheriff is the sheriff. He knows its out there.

I see people saying that Luke was repeating the sins of past Jedi by making Grogu forsake attachments to other people if he wants to continue Jedi training but wasn't the main problem with the Jedi that they never actually gave Force sensitive younglings a choice in the first place? It was all "oh you're Force sensitive, say goodbye to your loved ones because you're coming with us, the end." But Luke isn't doing that with Grogu. He gave him a taste of Jedi training and now that Grogu has a greater understanding of what's in store is letting him choose his own path.

Sure Grogu is "just a child" and that's a lot to put on a child but like Luke said Grogu will literally be a child for Luke's entire life! So letting him choose now won't be much different than having him choose 50 years later, but the problem is Grogu's family (Mando) will either be dead or close to death if he waits that long. I guess I just don't see how this was some supposed betrayal of Luke's character, but then I don't hate ST Luke either so there you go.
There's no betrayal of Luke's character by taking attachments into account and offering Grogu a choice. In fact, I have no idea where the notion came from that Lucas was presenting the Jedi view of no attachments in the PT as some sort of dogmatic flaw of the Jedi Order. I wish someone could point out to me what that interpretation is based on, because everything I've ever heard and read from Lucas suggests no such thing.

Lucas has addressed this in his director's commentaries, he's been filmed teaching his staff on TCW about it, and he's given countless interviews on the subject. There shouldn't be any confusion about why George included the no attachments concept, and how it aligns with his own personal ideology (which is rooted quite a bit in Eastern philosophy).

From one of the Rinzler books, Lucas puts it this way:

"No human can let go. It’s very hard. Ultimately, we do let go because it’s inevitable; you do die, and you do lose your loved ones. But while you’re alive, you can’t be obsessed with holding on. Because holding on is in the same category and the precursor to greed. [...]The Jedi are trained to let go. They’re trained from birth, they’re not supposed to form attachments. They can love people - in fact, they should love everybody. They should love their enemies; they should love the Sith. But they can’t form attachments. So, what all these movies are about is greed. Greed is a source of pain and suffering for everybody. And the ultimate state of greed is the desire to cheat death."

And from the Archives book (prequel version):

"They trained more than anything else to understand the transitional nature of life, that things are constantly changing and you can’t hold on to anything. You can love things but you can’t be attached to them. You must be willing to let the flow of life and the flow of the Force move through your life, move through you. So that you can be compassionate and loving and caring, but not be possessive and grabbing and holding on to things and trying to keep things the way they are."

And when it comes to Luke (from the same Archives book):

"Luke is faced with the same issues and practically the same scenes that Anakin is faced with. Anakin says yes, and Luke says no. [...]We have the scene when Anakin decides to save Palpatine and join him, so they could learn how to save Padme. The equivalent scene in VI is when the Emperor’s trying to get Luke to kill his dad so he can save his sister."

If you listen to the commentary track on the ESB disc and go to the Dagobah scene where Luke sees the vision of his friends, Lucas frames Luke's actions as a clear failure, and for much of the same reason. It's bizarre to me with so much reference material available how any of this is still considered enigmatic.

Watched it again. Man there's so many cool things in this episode.

I like how Filoni found a cool way to sneak R2 into the back of a Naboo Starfighter again. :)

BOBF1.jpg

Seeing Luke and Ahsoka together, what a trip.

BOBF2.jpg

I didn't realize the first time that he was just wearing a black version of his ANH Tatooine outfit, right down to the boots and leg wraps. Very cool.

BOBF3.jpg

And I couldn't help but notice that Mando has replaced Boba Fett as the badass who quietly nods while standing against the back wall of Jabba's Palace.

BOBF4.jpg

There's no betrayal of Luke's character by taking attachments into account and offering Grogu a choice. In fact, I have no idea where the notion came from that Lucas was presenting the Jedi view of no attachments in the PT as some sort of dogmatic flaw of the Jedi Order. I wish someone could point out to me what that interpretation is based on, because everything I've ever heard and read from Lucas suggests no such thing.

Lucas has addressed this in his director's commentaries, he's been filmed teaching his staff on TCW about it, and he's given countless interviews on the subject. There shouldn't be any confusion about why George included the no attachments concept, and how it aligns with his own personal ideology (which is rooted quite a bit in Eastern philosophy).

From one of the Rinzler books, Lucas puts it this way:

"No human can let go. It’s very hard. Ultimately, we do let go because it’s inevitable; you do die, and you do lose your loved ones. But while you’re alive, you can’t be obsessed with holding on. Because holding on is in the same category and the precursor to greed. [...]The Jedi are trained to let go. They’re trained from birth, they’re not supposed to form attachments. They can love people - in fact, they should love everybody. They should love their enemies; they should love the Sith. But they can’t form attachments. So, what all these movies are about is greed. Greed is a source of pain and suffering for everybody. And the ultimate state of greed is the desire to cheat death."

And from the Archives book (prequel version):

"They trained more than anything else to understand the transitional nature of life, that things are constantly changing and you can’t hold on to anything. You can love things but you can’t be attached to them. You must be willing to let the flow of life and the flow of the Force move through your life, move through you. So that you can be compassionate and loving and caring, but not be possessive and grabbing and holding on to things and trying to keep things the way they are."

And when it comes to Luke (from the same Archives book):

"Luke is faced with the same issues and practically the same scenes that Anakin is faced with. Anakin says yes, and Luke says no. [...]We have the scene when Anakin decides to save Palpatine and join him, so they could learn how to save Padme. The equivalent scene in VI is when the Emperor’s trying to get Luke to kill his dad so he can save his sister."

If you listen to the commentary track on the ESB disc and go to the Dagobah scene where Luke sees the vision of his friends, Lucas frames Luke's actions as a clear failure, and for much of the same reason. It's bizarre to me with so much reference material available how any of this is still considered enigmatic.
And to that point I couldn't help but feel like Ahsoka was testing Mando's ability to love Grogu without attachment. When he gave her the hanky despite flying all that way to see Grogu and clearly wanting to interact with his friend he wouldn't let his attachment jeopardize Grogu's progress. She seemed to reflect on Mando's choice and be quite impressed with his ability to let go for Grogu's (perceived) good.

View attachment 560128

And I couldn't help but notice that Mando has replaced Boba Fett as the badass who quietly nods while standing against the back wall of Jabba's Palace.

He looks like a Ninja.

Damn, he looks cool and badass. He doesn't talk more than he has to either.

Current Boba Fett would ask Ashoka to please remove her fancy "hat" out of respect, not knowing that the "hat" is actually part of her head. :lol

Cause Disney for some reason has re-imagined Luke as a colossal failure.

Luke never followed Jedi dogma, to the contrary, he denied them and followed his own path. Rushed to save his fiends, refused to give up on his father.
In doing so, keeping his personal attachment to his friends, his sister, and his father those he loved, he saved the galaxy, and brought about the return of the Jedi his way.
That is Luke.

Disney does not see or know the character. This is a different character.
And if he does not allow Grogu to choose both, it betrays everything Luke learned, experienced, and was.
:goodpost:
Still hoping Luke has a change of heart however I doubt it. Disney Luke will give up on Grogu if he decides to go with Mando.

I had to laugh how the camera lingered on Mando every time he had to exit his ship and made it look awkward. Usually they cut upon landing and he's already out, walking over, but at least three times in this show (Luke's, Fett's and Vanth's) they bothered to show Mando as he forced himself upward and struggled out of his tight seat and over the cab.

I had to laugh how the camera lingered on Mando every time he had to exit his ship and made it look awkward. Usually they cut upon landing and he's already out, walking over, but at least three times in this show (Luke's, Fett's and Vanth's) they bothered to show Mando as he forced himself upward and struggled out of his tight seat and over the cab.
Good thing it wasn't Boba, with Fennec struggling to get Boba out of the ship. :LOL: She ends up calling Luke to help her get Boba out of the ship. It proves to be Luke's toughest challenge, using every bit of the force to get Boba out. Luke fails, and that's when he decides to quit and go live on an island. :lol

What a miracle: now two eps of the BOBF show with hardly any BOBF show garbage?:dunno:horror

Loved the scenes of Eric Stoltz training Gizmo and it does raise the big question: if we are this close to a 100% realistic recreation of a young MH, does that mean we can have movies/shows centered on OT era with Luke, Han (and maybe Leia,) Vader etc rather than yet another decade+ of ST-type crap?

And Luke's ANH tunic in black does look a bit like he should be smoking a pipe. :lol

I noticed it too. he looked like a 60 year-old trying to extract himself from the new Porsche he bought to impress the ladies.

Last edited:
Back